Christian Homesteaders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Like/Tweet/+1
Latest topics
» The Beast Revelation
Water ban affecting nine counties here in WV EmptyMon Jun 11, 2018 2:24 am by michae1

» Facebook page
Water ban affecting nine counties here in WV EmptySun Feb 11, 2018 9:19 am by dizzy

» Hilarious video A little garden fun by the cowboy poet Baxter Black
Water ban affecting nine counties here in WV EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 12:54 am by mountainmama

» An Insurrection Coming
Water ban affecting nine counties here in WV EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 6:52 am by 12acrehome

» Patrice's Patch Garden Journal
Water ban affecting nine counties here in WV EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 8:47 am by PATRICE IN IL

» lambs and ewes
Water ban affecting nine counties here in WV EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 11:46 pm by Farmfresh

» Irish Cuisine Class/Demonstration Recipes
Water ban affecting nine counties here in WV EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 6:13 am by PATRICE IN IL

» Prayer request for my dh's aunt
Water ban affecting nine counties here in WV EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 8:55 pm by PATRICE IN IL

» How has your day been and what's for dinner...................
Water ban affecting nine counties here in WV EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 5:43 am by PATRICE IN IL

Keywords

Seasoning  Taco  Sloppy  recipes  

Affiliates
free forum

Top posting users this week
No user

Water ban affecting nine counties here in WV

5 posters

Go down

Water ban affecting nine counties here in WV Empty Water ban affecting nine counties here in WV

Post by mountainmama Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:43 am

If you've seen the news, you know here in WV we have a water ban affecting nine counties. On Thursday, there was an industrial chemical leak that went into our river. As a result, we cannot drink, cook, bathe, or even do laundry. The only thing we can do is flush the toilet.
To my knowledge, WV has never experienced a water contamination so widespread. Boiling does not remove the chemical.

So far things are civil and I've not seen any panic, although this is a HUGE inconvenience and economic blow for many businesses that rely on water usage.

Officials cannot give us a timeline for how long we must do without. FEMA has distribution points to give out bottled water and some places will give water if you bring your own container. We went to get water today. The line was long, but civil, and we were given a case of bottled drinking water. That's 24 bottles for our family of four. So, we have enough to drink, just not any extra for laundry, bathing, or cooking/dishes.

I've seen strangers offering to share what they have, while others unaffected by the ban have no care for their own brothers or sisters who are going without water. I've seen people with little, offer to give away half their bottled water to others who couldn't make it to a distribution point. This is the kind of situation where you find out who really loves God and others and who doesn't. You find out your own mettle, whether you trust God to provide for your needs or hoard every drop for yourself.

Prep lesson: if you have city water, do not depend on a nearby lake or river to supply you in case of emergency. The whole thing could be contaminated.

mountainmama

Back to top Go down

Water ban affecting nine counties here in WV Empty Re: Water ban affecting nine counties here in WV

Post by dizzy Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:18 am

And that's why I prefer a well.

Hope they're able to get it all taken care of soon. What kind of effect has it had on the wildlife in the area?

dizzy

Back to top Go down

Water ban affecting nine counties here in WV Empty Re: Water ban affecting nine counties here in WV

Post by Farmfresh Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:09 am

Wow. What a frightening situation. What about people with farm animals and pets? Is there any accommodation for them?
Farmfresh
Farmfresh

http://www.uBuilderPlans.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rohn Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:06 am

Wow! That is terrible. You all will be in our prayers.
Rohn
Rohn

Back to top Go down

Post by PATRICE IN IL Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:29 pm

I was wondering about you and the water situation. I'll keep you in my prayers. I hope it getss resolve quickly.
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mountainmama Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:08 am

Thanks for the prayers.

mountainmama

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down