Christian Homesteaders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Like/Tweet/+1
Latest topics
» The Beast Revelation
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 18 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2018 2:24 am by michae1

» Facebook page
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 18 EmptySun Feb 11, 2018 9:19 am by dizzy

» Hilarious video A little garden fun by the cowboy poet Baxter Black
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 18 EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 12:54 am by mountainmama

» An Insurrection Coming
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 18 EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 6:52 am by 12acrehome

» Patrice's Patch Garden Journal
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 18 EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 8:47 am by PATRICE IN IL

» lambs and ewes
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 18 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 11:46 pm by Farmfresh

» Irish Cuisine Class/Demonstration Recipes
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 18 EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 6:13 am by PATRICE IN IL

» Prayer request for my dh's aunt
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 18 EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 8:55 pm by PATRICE IN IL

» How has your day been and what's for dinner...................
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 18 EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 5:43 am by PATRICE IN IL

Keywords

Sloppy  recipes  Seasoning  Taco  

Affiliates
free forum

Top posting users this week
No user

How has your day been and what's for dinner...................

+11
Farmfresh
Mississippi Momma
Mrs Rooster
carla
Evie1
kerrig
Rohn
amybyrd21
PlainFolk
backtotheland
Sonshine
15 posters

Page 18 of 34 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 26 ... 34  Next

Go down

How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 18 Empty Re: How has your day been and what's for dinner...................

Post by Mississippi Momma Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:17 am

Hello everyone. How are you all? I hope you all are feeling better. Sonshine, is your new medication still helping your pain? I sure hope so. Amy are you doing better? How about you Patrice. Kerrig, Rohn, 12Acre. dizzy, and mm? I hope you all are doing good. William is having trouble getting the Coumadin level adjusted since he had the scopes done. It was 5.6 so the doc cut down the dosage so then it was 1.5 so the doc upped the dosage so yesterday it was 4.6 again. He has to go back Monday to get it checked again.

I haven't posted in a while. William and I got a booth at a newly opened flea market and we're trying to get everything ready to get it set up. He's been hitting the yard sales and we've been sanding and painting and redoing a lot of the pieces he's bought along with what he's made. We are planning to carry a truckload to set up this coming Saturday.

We got to Lisa's to clean her house on Monday so we're planning to carry some more then. I'm kind of excited that we finally found a booth to set up in. This place is 5,200 square feet and is almost completely occupied. The only way we got a booth is that the owners had opened up an adjoining building and we came in before all the spaces were taken.

I wanted to check in and see how you all are doing. I hope I will be back soon. Please, say a prayer that this little venture we're trying will be a success for us.
Mississippi Momma
Mississippi Momma
Admin

Back to top Go down

How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 18 Empty Re: How has your day been and what's for dinner...................

Post by dizzy Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:23 am

I'll be praying.

dizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:35 am

MM, sounds exciting. I'll be praying that the Lord will bless your endeavors. As for the pain, it does seem like the Metenx is working, but today I've been hurting. I figure it's because of the storm Sandy, plus a cold front coming in. I have a feeling the weather will always affect me, but at least I'm getting relief in between the weather changes which is more than I have had in the past. The doctor did tell me I won't know the full affect of the Metenx for about 6 months, so time will tell.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

https://christianhomesteader.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by 12acrehome Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:47 pm

MM, I am busier than I'd prefer, but at least there are no idle hands here Wink

12 and 16 hour shifts with 8 hours on the weekends, work has gotten crazy, but this should be the last weekend for this year. Extra money this time of year is always welcome, so I try not to complain.

Praying God will bless your venture, and I offer my best wishes as well.
12acrehome
12acrehome
Admin

https://www.facebook.com/keith.skaggs.9

Back to top Go down

Post by PATRICE IN IL Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:22 pm

I've been feeling so-so, the arthritis is better but my alleries are still horrible. I too am affected by the weather changes like Sonshine but they seem more managable now with the new medication.

I'm glad that you were able to secure a booth space and will pray that it is profitable for you MM. Smile

I've been busy this week making a fleece baby blanket for an upcoming baby shower for a girl at church. I cut a yard of fleece into a 36"x36" square then I rounded the corners. I hand sewed a whip stitch with yarn all the way around the blanket then I crocheted a fancy ruffle around it. I am very pleased with the way it turned out. Smile

I've also begun making Christmas package tie ons with my die cutter machine this week. I have some ornament and star shaped tags and some other fancy co-ordinating tag shapes that I've cut from heavy cardstock. I really like the way they are turning out. I plan to use them on the cookies/candies packages for the grandkids, family and friends this Christmas.

Well, I hope you all have a great weekend.
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mississippi Momma Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:32 am

Hello everyone.I hope everyone is doing well. I read that Sonshine is going on a nice trip to the mountains. I hope she and her family have a wonderful and safe trip.

Has the cold weather come to any of you yet? We've had a couple of nights that the temps got down to freezing but it must not have been very long because our garden is still green and the peas still look good. I guess there's a plus to living down in a hole. LOL

I apologize for not being on for a while. We're still working hard to try to get our flea market booth filled and then keep it filled. We got our first little check last Friday. It was very small but we didn't get set up until about 3:30 on Saturday and what was sold between then and six o'clock is all that we got paid for. The owner checked while we were there Friday and gave us a total for this coming week's check and it's a little better. I hope that we moved some items yesterday since it's the first of the month. Either way we're enjoying doing what we're doing so that's a good thing.

I haven't been able to help much this last week. I've been having a lot of trouble with the asthma. I've had to get up during the night and set up several nights. Thursday I went to the doctor and he sent me to the ER because he was afraid I had another blood clot in my lung. After five hours in the ER he let me go home and told me it was the asthma worsened by COPD. I felt better Friday morning but I didn't do so well last night. Had to get up twice during the night and set up. I will appreciate your prayers for me. Thank you in advance.

For dinner tonight, we're having chicken spaghetti from the freezer and I'm not sure what I'll put with it yet except I do have some garlic bread that I will bake to go along.

I hope you all have a wonderful week ahead. May God be with each and everyone of you and bless you all is my prayer for you all.

Mississippi Momma
Mississippi Momma
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzy Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:18 am

It's been colder than normal here since Sandy blew thru. And, now they're calling for a Nor'Easter in the middle of the week. And, depending on how the storm goes, we could get a few inches of snow. I really feel sorry for all of those who still don't have electric and heat. This new storm will not help any.

dizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by 12acrehome Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:36 am

Count your blessings my friend, but for the grace of God it could be any of us who are without power.

12acrehome
12acrehome
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzy Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:13 pm

I know. I was expecting to lose it and be w/out for days. But, at least I was prepared.

dizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by backtotheland Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:59 am

I was sure we would loose power during Sandy but we didn't have any effects at all. God was certainly good to my family. I was wondering if I would get moved into the new place with the threat of the Nor'easter but I'm here now and the weather is supposed to be beautiful this week-end. I have to work but not until noon so I will have the morning to enjoy watching the birds while I decorate outside for what is left of the fall season.

I went to the grocery store today with my daughter for the first time in months and what a shock I had and I was at Aldi's. I don't know how people with large families get by. I know I'm definitely going to be canning and preserving this coming summer. My garden is already started so I can get started right away in the Spring this time. I haven't been able to do that in years. For waht I can't grow myself there is a wonderful pick your own farm right down the road from me.

Dinner is going to be really simple tonight. I think I'm just going to have a salad. I brought some more stuff from my daughter's house today but forgot my cast iron frying pans and don't have one with my stainless steel set. Oh well, I'll get by until I get over there again.

Hope everyone has a nice evening.

backtotheland

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzy Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:13 am

I'm enjoying this warmer weather as well. The snow that we got from the Nor'Easter has pretty much melted. So since it was so nice out, I hooked up my horse trailer, a friend and I loaded up our horses and went for a trail ride. This is the longest I've ridden since I had my knee operated on in January!

I didn't really get much done around here, and I was beat when I got back. So, I just had some tomato soup and a grilled cheese sandwich for dinner.

dizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mississippi Momma Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:06 am

We've had some beautiful weather here. Pretty cold in the mornings but it warms up during the day. We still don't have our garden cleaned out. I do this every year. The plants are beginning to look bad what with the cold but I hate to pull them up and do away with them because then the growing season is over for tomatoes, beans and other summer goodies. Smile

I'm still having trouble with my breathing. I went yesterday and had an echo cardiogram done but won't hear from it until Tuesday. I do feel better though. I am able to do more than one chore and then have to sit down. I can get several things done before I have to rest.

My Mother is back in the hospital. She is in congestive heart failure again. She won't do what the doctor tells her to do. If he tells her no salt on one visit and then doesn't tell her the same thing the next time she goes she goes salt wild. If we say anything to her then she tells us he didn't tell her not to eat salt. I know she's 87 but she knows better than that. Once the doc has told her no salt that mean at no time eat salt.

I made pork scallopini in mushroom/white wine gravy, rice and english peas for dinner. I'd never made scallopini before and we really enjoyed it.

I hope you all have a blessed Sunday.
Mississippi Momma
Mississippi Momma
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by backtotheland Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:30 pm

I'm sorry to hear about your Mom Mississippi. My Mom was the same way but unfortunately because she didn't listen she didn't live to see 87. My Dad died from congestive heart failure at the age of 88 in the Vet's Home. I think that came about because they wouldn't get him up and walk him - he just laid in bed or sat in his wheelchair. I truly regret the day I ever put him there. I hope she recovers soon.

The weather here this week-end has been beautiful but I was working so I didn't get to enjoy it, except for the beautiful sunshine while I was home to see it. Today is supposed to be another beautiful day. I have to work at noon but will at least be able to attend Church services this morning at my new Church.

Since I was working last night at dinner time I did something I don't usually do and got dinner at the hospital cafeteria. When I work the week-ends I usually treat myself to my meal there. They had sphagetti and meat sauce last night and for $.85 I got just the right amount of sphagetti because I got half an order. Today they are having fried chicken and rice pilaf so that will be supper tonight.

Hope everyone has a Blessed Sunday.

backtotheland

Back to top Go down

Post by Mississippi Momma Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:53 am

Thank you, backtotheland. She wasn't feeling very good when we went to see her today. But she was complaining about no salt in her food up there. LOL She may get to come home tomorrow if the fluid is gone from around her heart. I hope she does get to come home because she'll rest better at home.

We have bad weather predicted for tomorrow. I hope this time the weatherman is wrong.

I made hamburgers and F.F. for dinner. Well really lunch and dinner. We may eat an apple later on but I don't think I'm cooking again today. Smile

I hope you all have a great week ahead. May God bless each one of you real good!
Mississippi Momma
Mississippi Momma
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by backtotheland Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:54 pm

Mississippi, hope your Mom gets to come home. Hosptials are not the place to get any rest that is for sure.

We're supposed to have another beautiful day, up to around 65 degrees. I have to work at two but I will be able to enjoy some of the nice weather while I'm home.

I'm going to make stuffed peppers to take with me for dinner tonight and bake some cookies. It has been so long since I've done those things. I cooked while I was living with my daughter but there is no way her kids will eat stuffed peppers.

Went to the new Church yesterday and it was really nice. The people were all very welcoming and friendly. It is a beautiful little country church which was built in 1860. My landlord's husband's Dad used to be the pastor there.

I'm working on bulky socks for my new son-in-law. He requests them every year for Christmas since the first time I made him a pair back in 2010. I made him a pair for last Christmas out of my homespun single ply and while he liked them he likes the bulky ones better so I just ordered the yarn from Knit Picks and started them on Saturday. I had finished a pair of alpaca socks for a lady who ordered them last week before I moved. I also finished a scarf but I don't think I like it so I'm going to take it out and make a pair of children's mittens instead for the community clothing bank.

Hope everyone has a good day and May God Bless.

backtotheland

Back to top Go down

Post by 12acrehome Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:49 am

Well, day three of the modern gun deer season temps were about right, but the morning started with rain and wind. Finally made it to the woods this afternoon. No deer to be found Sad Oh well several days left. I did see a covey of quail. They have been missing from the farm for more than 20 years. The calves were as playful and rambunctious as ever, and enjoyed just being out.

Supper was Ribeye's and baked taters...I'm about ready for popcorn though Wink
12acrehome
12acrehome
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzy Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:57 pm

I'm ready for the rib eye! I haven't had a good steak in awhile now. Normally, it's too expensive.

Yesterday was a beautiful warm day. I finally got my tack shed painted. And, that's about all I did get done. It took longer than I was expecting, and could still use another coat, but at least it looks much better. Dinner was leftovers cuz I was too beat to do anything else. Today it's raining, so we'll see what I can come up with.

dizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by backtotheland Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:45 pm

Last night I thought my house was going to blow away. It was so windy. The cats had gone out but when I heard the wind blowing I flew to the door and got one of them to come in. The big tiger wouldn't come in because he's afraid of the dog which is really funny because she is a little pug and he's bigger than she is. When I got up this morning we had our first little dusting of snow. It is so pretty. Of course it's pretty, I don't have to go anywhere for the next three days.

Today is going to be a cooking and baking day. My daughter and her hubby are coming over for dinner so I'm going to get some chicken marinating and back a chocolate cake and I think I'm going to try my hand at a pumpkin roll. My boss says they are really easy. We'll see. Yesterday I made stuffed peppers and peanut butter bread. I'm also going to make two loaves of bread today and keep one for me and take one over to the landlord, Michelle.

I'm going to try to get the last little bit put away in the craft room and of course there will be spinning and knitting.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

backtotheland

Back to top Go down

Post by Mississippi Momma Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:53 pm

We have a beautiful cold morning here. The temp was at 32 when I got up at 5:45. The sun is shining so it will warm up soon.

My Mom is supposed to come home this morning. I just talked with her. We went by to see her last night as we were coming in from the flea market. She wasn't feeling good late yesterday afternoon. She had been asleep when my stepfather got back up there at five. She was fussing at him for not getting some rest and being up there at 5:00 in the morning. She thought she had slept all night but had only slept a couple of hours. We razzed her about that but she didn't think we were funny. LOL

William is working today as a substitute teacher for our oldest daughter so she can take her Dad to get a chemo treatment. He also has to work tomorrow and Friday. It helps out but I think he's getting tired of substituting. Maybe if we get our flea market booth off to a good start we can just concentrate on that. Something he enjoys.

I'm feeling some better. I have a l0:45 appointment with my doc to hear the results of the cat scan I had last Friday. The scan was to find out if I'm in CHF. I don't think that's what's been bothering me. I've had asthma flare ups before and that is what this feels like. Anyway, I guess I'll soon find out.

Today is our oldest grandson's birthday. He's 27 years old today. Hard to believe. Thank goodness he's at home to celebrate his birthday and not in Iraq or Afghanistan. He's a sweet heart and I'm not biased a bit. LOL

For dinner I plan to cook ham steak, potatoes (probably mashed) and some green beans.

I hope you all have a great day.
Mississippi Momma
Mississippi Momma
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzy Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:06 am

Today was a wet day. We had a really dry summer, and now we've been getting rain every week! I cleaned some of the house B4 I went out to the farm. I fed my horses and then cleaned my tack shed. There wasn't anything else I could do. And, I have both a propane heater and a cot in my tack shed. So, since it was nice and warm in there, and I had nothing else to do, I took a nap. My cat, Cinderella (Cindy), thought that was a good idea, so she curled up on top of me.

After I woke up, I did the second feeding, put out some more hay and since it had stopped raining did a couple of other things. Then, went to the feed store, TSC and the grocery store. I got a turkey for $0.59/lb. Came home, got my animals fed here, brought in some wood and made dinner. Browned rice w/leftover pork, mushrooms, onions, celery and broccoli florets.

dizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mississippi Momma Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:46 am

Dizzy, we are getting a TSC here. I'm so excited. We had to drive to Meridian (40 miles) if we wanted to shop a TSC.

I went to the doc this morning for the report on the cat scan I had Friday. He said that the heart is supposed to squeezed 65% of the blood out with each beat. Mine is squeezing 55-60 and he said that is very good for my age. He said I didn't have CHF which I am very thankful for. He also gave me a shot in my shoulder and right now I'm not in any pain. I hope it staves off the pain from now on. He told me to rest the shoulder as much as I can.

My Mom came home today. I haven't had a chance to talk to her, Will try to go visit her tomorrow.

For dinner we had tacos.

I wish you all a great Wednesday.
Mississippi Momma
Mississippi Momma
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzy Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:45 pm

You'll love TSC! I think half of my wardrobe comes from there any more. Laughing TSC has become big in this area in the last few years. We have 4 w/in 30 minutes of our house. We almost have as many of them as we do Wally Worlds!

Glad the cat scan came out negative. Was that a cortisone shot he gave you? Those things can be very painful, but they also help.

Glad your mom is home. I hope she's OK now.

dizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by backtotheland Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:50 pm

Mississippi, I'm glad your CAT scan came out okay and that your Mom came home. My youngest daughter has obstructive airway disease and always seems to have a harder time in the Spring and Fall.

Dizzy, I love TSC too. So does my older daughter. We always make a stop there when we are out together if we are near one. Now that I'm getting my angora rabbits again I will probably visit more often.

Last night's dinner with my daughter Lexy and her husband Andrew went well. They enjoyed dinner and were very impressed with my new home. For dessert I made a pumpkin roll. I've never made one before and it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. The next time I think I'll double the recipe though because it didn't come out as thick as I would have liked. Lexy requested Hot Fudge Pudiing Cake for dessert so I made that too.

Today I'm going to bake a couple of loaves of bread and have leftovesr for dinner. I might make up some chilli tomorrow. The weather is going to be just perfect for it. If I had my pressure canner here at the new place I'd can up the leftover. It's hard to make chilli for one but that's okay, leftovers are good.

Yesterday I got the rest of the unpacking done in the sewing/craft room. Now I'm all settled and can concentrate on working on Christmas gifts. I've got to get up to the local candle store and get soap scents and the packaging for my homemade soap. I need to get a batch of that made up so I can give it as Christmas gifts along with lotion and sugar scrub. I'm also going to make up some beeswax jar candles this year and of course there will be cookies and candies too. Right now I'm working on a pair of handknitted bulky boot socks for Andrew. He is a big ice fisherman and loves my handknitted wool socks. After Christmas I'm going to spin up some double ply wool from my own fiber stash and knit up a pair for myself.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

backtotheland

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:50 pm

Mississippi Mom, praying for your Mom. My Grandfather had congestive heart failure for years, so I know what it's like.

Back to the land, glad you're settling in. I love this time of the year because of working on Christmas gifts.

It's cold and damp here. I don't think it's cold enough to snow, but that dampness sure makes it feel like snow in the air.

We've been putting up apples. We have apple pie filling, apple sauce and dehydrated apples. I love the smell it gives my house. Who needs potpouri. Smile

For supper tonight we'll have steak, baked potatoes and salad. I may make an applesauce cake if I start feeling better.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

https://christianhomesteader.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Mississippi Momma Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:36 am

Sonshine it kind of looks snowy here today but like you said I don't think it's cool enough to snow.

I talked to Mom this morning. Her nurse was there along with a lady who comes to help her with her bath. She said she didn't feel good but she was joking around with the ladies. So she's feeling better.

William is working on a wash stand to take to the flea market. I heard the sander running a little while ago. He'll be painting it in a little while. The Flea Market called this morning about a coffee table William made out of wooden pallets and then stained it dark brown. We sold that today and Monday we sold an old stain glass window that I'd had for years but it had been in the storage building for a long time. Those were two good sales for us. I hope we'll have some more larger items sell this week but if not we can't keep the smaller bric-a-brac table full. That adds up also. I'm happy to see our hard work start to pay off. I enjoy doing this but it is a lot of work.

Backtotheland, I love chilli too. When I make it I make enough to freeze several quarts. I love having something in the freezer ready to eat after it's thawed. Smile

It's been wonderful getting to stay home today. We've had to go somewhere both Monday and Tuesday. Then we have an appointment in Jackson tomorrow. Me with the cornea doctor and William with the cardiologist. Friday, William is working at the school again. Saturday we'll probably go to some yard sales and then get our Thanksgiving lunch bought up. We're doing a shrimp boil and having cheesy corn chowder for any who don't like shrimp. Pecan pies will be dessert

Tonight, I'm cooking green beans, baked sweet potatoes and a meat loaf. Some William's favorite foods.

I hope you all have a terrific Thursday. May God pour His richest blessing out on each one of you.
Mississippi Momma
Mississippi Momma
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 34 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 26 ... 34  Next