Christian Homesteaders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Like/Tweet/+1
Latest topics
» The Beast Revelation
Cardboard Gardening Project: Hanging Basket EmptyMon Jun 11, 2018 2:24 am by michae1

» Facebook page
Cardboard Gardening Project: Hanging Basket EmptySun Feb 11, 2018 9:19 am by dizzy

» Hilarious video A little garden fun by the cowboy poet Baxter Black
Cardboard Gardening Project: Hanging Basket EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 12:54 am by mountainmama

» An Insurrection Coming
Cardboard Gardening Project: Hanging Basket EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 6:52 am by 12acrehome

» Patrice's Patch Garden Journal
Cardboard Gardening Project: Hanging Basket EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 8:47 am by PATRICE IN IL

» lambs and ewes
Cardboard Gardening Project: Hanging Basket EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 11:46 pm by Farmfresh

» Irish Cuisine Class/Demonstration Recipes
Cardboard Gardening Project: Hanging Basket EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 6:13 am by PATRICE IN IL

» Prayer request for my dh's aunt
Cardboard Gardening Project: Hanging Basket EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 8:55 pm by PATRICE IN IL

» How has your day been and what's for dinner...................
Cardboard Gardening Project: Hanging Basket EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 5:43 am by PATRICE IN IL

Keywords

recipes  Seasoning  Sloppy  Taco  

Affiliates
free forum

Top posting users this week
No user

Cardboard Gardening Project: Hanging Basket

3 posters

Go down

Cardboard Gardening Project: Hanging Basket Empty Cardboard Gardening Project: Hanging Basket

Post by Sonshine Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:31 am

Last year while testing Cardboard Gardening, we put together a panel of family and friends to give it a try. My wonderful aunt, Cherry Bibler, lives in Washington state, and she graciously volunteered to help us out. (She’s a GREAT gardener, too!)

Cherry wanted to see if she could turn an old fruit box into a hanging basket of sorts, so she put together this wonderful how-to. I’m really impressed with how it turned out; I think it looks great, especially with keeping the box all natural. Here’s how she did it:

http://birdsandbloomsblog.com/2012/03/02/cardboard-gardening-project-hanging-basket/?pmcode=BBC31VH029&_mid=2348917&_rid=2348917.946145.4918
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

https://christianhomesteader.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Cardboard Gardening Project: Hanging Basket Empty Re: Cardboard Gardening Project: Hanging Basket

Post by backtotheland Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:01 pm

That's really neat Sonshine. I wonder if you could do something like for herbs?

backtotheland

Back to top Go down

Cardboard Gardening Project: Hanging Basket Empty Re: Cardboard Gardening Project: Hanging Basket

Post by Sonshine Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:43 pm

I don't see why not. I would imagine anything that you can grow in a pot would work. Personally, I don't do well with potted plants. I kill the everytime. I think I either over water them or don't water them enough. I don't know when they need transplanting. Whatever causes it, I just don't do well with them. Growing plants outside though I am usually pretty successful.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Lillia Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:29 pm

That is very pretty
Miss Lillia
Miss Lillia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:45 am

Miss Lillia, with your lack of space, this might be beneficial to you. I've heard of people producing quite a bit of produce from container gardening.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Lillia Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:52 pm

You are right, Sonshine. There are many people who are growing food now on vertical surfaces because of lack of space.

As far as containers go, it is actually quite amazing what you can grow.
The beans we grew in a big pot, did better than the ones we grew in the ground. Our carrots (seeds right now) are in a plastic tote that someone discarded. I always have my eyes open for something to serve as a container.

You have made me realize though, that I don't need an actual hanging basket (I have only one). I may just try the cardboard idea, or juice containers and be as clever as I can with it. Being frugal AND resourceful go hand-in-hand. Smile
Miss Lillia
Miss Lillia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:51 am

Miss Lillia, if you do try the cardboard idea I would love to hear what kind of results you get from it.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Lillia Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:15 pm

Sonshine wrote:Miss Lillia, if you do try the cardboard idea I would love to hear what kind of results you get from it.

Of course, I will let you know Very Happy
Miss Lillia
Miss Lillia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down