Christian Homesteaders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Like/Tweet/+1
Latest topics
» The Beast Revelation
Teaching your body to lose weight.... EmptyMon Jun 11, 2018 2:24 am by michae1

» Facebook page
Teaching your body to lose weight.... EmptySun Feb 11, 2018 9:19 am by dizzy

» Hilarious video A little garden fun by the cowboy poet Baxter Black
Teaching your body to lose weight.... EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 12:54 am by mountainmama

» An Insurrection Coming
Teaching your body to lose weight.... EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 6:52 am by 12acrehome

» Patrice's Patch Garden Journal
Teaching your body to lose weight.... EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 8:47 am by PATRICE IN IL

» lambs and ewes
Teaching your body to lose weight.... EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 11:46 pm by Farmfresh

» Irish Cuisine Class/Demonstration Recipes
Teaching your body to lose weight.... EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 6:13 am by PATRICE IN IL

» Prayer request for my dh's aunt
Teaching your body to lose weight.... EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 8:55 pm by PATRICE IN IL

» How has your day been and what's for dinner...................
Teaching your body to lose weight.... EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 5:43 am by PATRICE IN IL

Keywords

Sloppy  Seasoning  recipes  Taco  

Affiliates
free forum

Top posting users this week
No user

Teaching your body to lose weight....

2 posters

Go down

Teaching your body to lose weight.... Empty Teaching your body to lose weight....

Post by 7dawn Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:12 pm

I have been taking something called Krav Maga for going on three years now. I missed almost a year due to sickness but kept my weight off. We had a trainer coming to our house once a month and she would work out with us for about 45 minutes and she taught us some interesting things....

I am not sure what level of working out y'all can do or want to do, but if there is anyway that you can, before you work in the yard or do anything outside work in some cardio. Jogging in place, jumping jacks...push until you feel like you can't go anymore then walk. If you have breathing issues, which I do, I stop when I can't breathe put my arms over my head and walk. It calms the breathing down and you keep moving.

Once you have done some cardio go do a little gardening then add some more cardio and so on. What this does is teaches your body to burn fat at all times. So when you get up and move be it doing cardio, walking or going to the grocery store your body goes into fat burning mode. I trained for almost a year then for about 6 months I did really intense training. I was doing Krav every night or cardio. It still took me time to take the weight off but I got the last of it off after 6 months of really hard work. I do not recommend it for everyone. But everyone should be able to do a bit of cardio then something calm where you slow down and then speed up again. Even if it is for 30 minutes a day, you will still be training your body to burn fat when you move. I trained for about 1 hour a day 5 to 6 days a week.

Do not over do it! Do what your body is capable of and no more. Push further, only if you feel comfortable in doing so. I am not a health professional...So please, talk to your doctor if you feel you need to. I did everything under the supervision of professionals. They taught me what to do and how to do it. What we did is called conditioning. I am sure Sonshine knows what that is...haha...she went through boot camp.

If you have any questions or if I didn't explain myself well please let me know and I will try and clarify.
7dawn
7dawn
Admin

Back to top Go down

Teaching your body to lose weight.... Empty Re: Teaching your body to lose weight....

Post by PATRICE IN IL Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:47 am

Thanks for tips. I need to start slow because I really haven't been doing any exercise for a really long time due to my arthritis and asthma being flared up. The asthma has settled down but the arthritis has not. I need to work at setting up an exercise regimine and stick to it.
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Teaching your body to lose weight.... Empty Re: Teaching your body to lose weight....

Post by 7dawn Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:50 am

Patrice, I have asthma and I smoke. I am working on not doing that anymore. I use my rescue inhaler before working out and it helps some. When I was working out all the time my breathing actually improved. I could almost do a 45 minute workout with hardly stopping. Arthritis I don't have, but I know many people who do. That is a tough one. I always hear the more you move the better it is.

I would definitely start out slow even if you are just starting with 15 minutes a day, then after a few weeks add 5 or 10 minutes until you get to the point that you can work out 30-45 minutes at least 4 to 5 days a week.
7dawn
7dawn
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PATRICE IN IL Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:57 am

7dawn thanks for the encouragement. Smile

I was to my arthritis doctor today and told him I had been doing a bit of La-Jin (mainly stretching of my lower spine/hips) a few times a week. He actually said to do the exercises for only 5 minutes at a time, 4-5 times a day. He also said that the gardening I've been doing is a good choice for me too.

I know I need to work at getting back into a workout routine, I just need to take it really slowly. I have osteo arthritis and psoriatic arthritis(similar to Rheumatory arthritis) and I've had spinal surgery with a partial spinal fusion with removal of a chunk of hip bone to make a vertebrae. I also have 2 sets of rods wired to my spine. The fusion and rods limit my movement somewhat, so I have to be careful about what exercises I do.

I think I'm going to focus on the La-Jin, walking and maybe some yoga until I can get my pool opened back up for the summer. I have bad knees/hips so I have to do no or low impact exercises. I have a Gazelle exercise machine that I will probably bring back out and start using again as it is very low impact.
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 7dawn Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:06 am

Oh wow! All I can say is ouch! Yoga is really good though. I do that as part of my warm up and cool down after working out. It is great for core strength....Best of luck! Like my hubby says..the best diet is eat less, move more...lol!
7dawn
7dawn
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down