Christian Homesteaders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Like/Tweet/+1
Latest topics
» The Beast Revelation
Sysco expects volatile prices and limited availability EmptyMon Jun 11, 2018 2:24 am by michae1

» Facebook page
Sysco expects volatile prices and limited availability EmptySun Feb 11, 2018 9:19 am by dizzy

» Hilarious video A little garden fun by the cowboy poet Baxter Black
Sysco expects volatile prices and limited availability EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 12:54 am by mountainmama

» An Insurrection Coming
Sysco expects volatile prices and limited availability EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 6:52 am by 12acrehome

» Patrice's Patch Garden Journal
Sysco expects volatile prices and limited availability EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 8:47 am by PATRICE IN IL

» lambs and ewes
Sysco expects volatile prices and limited availability EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 11:46 pm by Farmfresh

» Irish Cuisine Class/Demonstration Recipes
Sysco expects volatile prices and limited availability EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 6:13 am by PATRICE IN IL

» Prayer request for my dh's aunt
Sysco expects volatile prices and limited availability EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 8:55 pm by PATRICE IN IL

» How has your day been and what's for dinner...................
Sysco expects volatile prices and limited availability EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 5:43 am by PATRICE IN IL

Keywords

Seasoning  Sloppy  recipes  Taco  

Affiliates
free forum

Top posting users this week
No user

Sysco expects volatile prices and limited availability

2 posters

Go down

Sysco expects volatile prices and limited availability Empty Re: Sysco expects volatile prices and limited availability

Post by PATRICE IN IL Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:19 pm

Thanks for sharing this article. I'd heard something about this on HT so I've begun to lay in extra supplys of frozen and canned veggies.

I got 16oz. bags of frozen veggies on sale for $.69 a bag yesterday and cans of Green Giant veggies for $.39 a can today. I got 20 bags and 5 cases of veggies. Smile

I'm getting canned Starkist chunk light tuna tomorrow on sale 2/$1. I'll be getting 24 cans to go with the 12 boxes of Tuna Helper I got for $.44 each on sale and with coupons. I also got 12 boxes of Hamburger Helper for the same price. Smile I'm also going to be picking up 12 boxes of Pasta Roni on sale for $.89 each tomorrow.

I also picked up extra toilet paper, kleenex and dish soap, all on sale and with coupons. I spent a total of $185.00 today on groceries and household products and saved $127.75 with sales and coupons. Laughing Cool

I forgot, I also got 24 cans of tomato sauce on sale for $6 and 12 cans of tomato paste for $4, boxed pasta for $.99 a box and the best buy was Land O' Lakes butter on sale 3 lbs./$5 so I got 12 lbs to put in the freezer. Smile

Last edited by PATRICE IN IL on Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:23 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added something)
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Sysco expects volatile prices and limited availability Empty Re: Sysco expects volatile prices and limited availability

Post by Sonshine Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:24 am

Yes, homesteading today has a lot of valuable information on it. I think that's where I heard about this too. We can already see prices starting to go up, but I believe it's going to get much worse. We're going to be expanding our garden this year and also try our hand at growing some crops for the critters. I just started searching for seed for alfalfa, clover and timothy grass. I figure that will make a good hay for the goats. I'll also be planting extra corn and sunflower this year and increasing my herb garden. Actually, I'm going to be starting a new herb garden for medicinal herbs this year.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

https://christianhomesteader.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by PATRICE IN IL Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:48 am

I could already see the rise in the prices this week when I was shopping. Gasoline jumped $.17 a gallon here yesterday as well. Walmart wanted $2.28 for a dozen eggs and the Land O'Lakes butter was $4.18lb., the same stuff I price matched for 3lbs./$5.00 eariler this week. Luckily I had some very good coupons and sales to help offset the increases. I used this month's as well as most of next month's grocery budget, I spent $390.00 but I saved $290.00 with terrific sale prices and coupons.

This items will last us for 3-6 months and I am planning on expanding the garden as well. I may still go get more canned veggies at the sale price because I know I can't grow and can my own for those prices. I'll have to sit down and really look at the budget to see if I can wiggle an extra $20 for a couple more cases out of it.

I'm also planning on moving and expanding my herb garden. I will dry most of the herbs or freeze them in ice cube trays to preserve as much of it as I can. I haven't really checked into medicinal herbs, other than the comfrey I already have. I may have to check my seed catalogs if there would be any medicinal herbs I might be able to use.
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PATRICE IN IL Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:13 am

I decided to stock up on dish soap, laundry soap and bar soap. I got some super deals, I got 10 bars of Olay soap bars on clearance for $5.50, laundry soap for $1.00-2.00 a 50oz bottle, and dish soap ranging from $.97 a bottle up to $1.69 a bottle with coupons. If the prices soar like they are supposed to I won't be able to afford to get the types of soaps I need for my sensitive skin.

I'm laying in as much extra food and household items as I can afford to right now to off set the forcasted increases.
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:14 am

Smart move. We've been stocking up on things we can't raise ourselves for awhile now, so we should be ok. Even if the food prices don't do what the experts are saying it will, the possibility of a government shut down can affect us because we're military. So, we wait and see. Smile
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PATRICE IN IL Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:00 pm

Government shutdown will wipe us out as DH is retired and I'm disabled. We live paycheck to paycheck, we have no savings, so I'm praying for the government to stay together and on track. Smile
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:39 pm

Lifting you up in prayer.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PATRICE IN IL Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:48 pm

Thanks Sonshine Smile
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down