Christian Homesteaders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Like/Tweet/+1
Latest topics
» The Beast Revelation
Who Knew?? EmptyMon Jun 11, 2018 2:24 am by michae1

» Facebook page
Who Knew?? EmptySun Feb 11, 2018 9:19 am by dizzy

» Hilarious video A little garden fun by the cowboy poet Baxter Black
Who Knew?? EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 12:54 am by mountainmama

» An Insurrection Coming
Who Knew?? EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 6:52 am by 12acrehome

» Patrice's Patch Garden Journal
Who Knew?? EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 8:47 am by PATRICE IN IL

» lambs and ewes
Who Knew?? EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 11:46 pm by Farmfresh

» Irish Cuisine Class/Demonstration Recipes
Who Knew?? EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 6:13 am by PATRICE IN IL

» Prayer request for my dh's aunt
Who Knew?? EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 8:55 pm by PATRICE IN IL

» How has your day been and what's for dinner...................
Who Knew?? EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 5:43 am by PATRICE IN IL

Keywords

Taco  Seasoning  recipes  Sloppy  

Affiliates
free forum

Top posting users this week
No user

Who Knew??

4 posters

Go down

Who Knew?? Empty Who Knew??

Post by Sonshine Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:03 am

Who knew?

Did you know that drinking two glasses of Gatorade can relieve headache pain almost immediately-without the unpleasant side effects caused by traditional pain relievers?

Did you know that Colgate Toothpaste makes an excellent salve for burns?

Before you head to the drugstore for a high-priced inhaler filled with mysterious chemicals, try chewing on a couple of curiously strong Altoids peppermints. They'll clear up your stuffed nose..

Achy muscles from a bout of the flu? Mix 1 tablespoon horseradish in 1 cup of olive oil. Let the mixture sit for 30 minutes, then apply it as a massage oil for instant relief for aching muscles.

Sore throat? Just mix 1/4 cup of vinegar with 1/4 cup of honey and take 1 tablespoon six times a day The vinegar kills the bacteria.

Cure urinary tract infections with Alka-Seltzer. Just dissolve two tablets in a glass of water and drink it at the onset of the symptoms. Alka-Seltzer begins eliminating urinary tract infections almost instantly-even though the product was never advertised for this use.

Honey remedy for skin blemishes...... Cover the blemish with a dab of honey and place a Band-Aid over it. Honey kills the bacteria, keeps the skin sterile, and speeds healing. Works overnight.

Listerine therapy for toenail fungus: Get rid of unsightly toenail fungus by soaking your toes in Listerine Mouthwash. The powerful antiseptic leaves your toenails looking healthy again.

Easy eyeglass protection... To prevent the screws in eyeglasses from loosening, apply a small drop of Maybelline Crystal Clear Nail Polish to the threads of the screws before tightening them.

Cleaning liquid that doubles as bug killer... If menacing bees, wasps, hornets, or yellow jackets get in your home and you can't find the insecticide, try a spray of Formula 409.. Insects drop to the ground instantly.

Smart splinter remover: Just pour a drop of Elmer's Glue-All over the splinter, let dry, and peel the dried glue off the skin. The splinter sticks to the dried glue.

Hunt's Tomato Paste boil cure.. Cover the boil with Hunt's Tomato Paste as a compress. The acids from the tomatoes soothe the pain and bring the boil to a head.

Balm for broken blisters... To disinfect a broken blister, dab on a few drops of Listerine, a powerful antiseptic..

Vinegar to heal bruises... Soak a cotton ball in white vinegar and apply it to the bruise for 1 hour. The vinegar reduces the blueness and speeds up the healing process..

Quaker Oats for fast pain relief.... it's not for breakfast any more! Mix 2 cups of Quaker Oats and 1 cup of water in a bowl and warm in the microwave for 1 minute, cool slightly, and apply the mixture to your hands for soothing relief from arthritis pain.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

https://christianhomesteader.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Who Knew?? Empty Re: Who Knew??

Post by Mississippi Momma Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:56 am

A spoonful of yellow mustard will relieve leg cramps. Used by coaches when the football players get Charley Horses. Smile
Mississippi Momma
Mississippi Momma
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PATRICE IN IL Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:37 am

The Gatorade works because it rehydrates you. Dehydration is the cause of most headaches.

Vick's vaporub can be used to soften thick toe nails to aid in trimming them, as well as clearing up foot fungus. The vaporub also helps to clear up the rash that some ladies get during the summer from ill fitting bras. Just apply to skin under the breasts, where the band of the bra lays, before getting dressed.

Calcium, like Tums chewables, also relieves leg cramps.
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:41 pm

Mississippi Momma, do you rub the mustard on the legs? I had never heard of that before. Usually leg cramps are caused because of low potassium levels. Mom use to eat bananas for them.

Patrice, yeah, I had figured the Gatorade works due to dehydration. That was one thing we learned in the military. I didn't know all that stuff about Vicks though. It's good to know.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PATRICE IN IL Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:29 pm

Sonshine, if you feel like you are coming down with a cold, put some Vick's on the soles of your feet along followed by a pair of clean white cotton socks, then hop into bed. It helps to break it up quickly. This trick I learned on HT and it has worked for both myself and my son on several occasions.
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lbjack Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:49 am

I am going to try the vinegar for my black eye. I ran into a cabinet door the other day and really have a shiner. Broke my glasses too.

lbjack

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:53 am

ibjack, OUCH! Gotta watch those cabinet doors, they fight dirty. I'd be careful using it around the eyes though. The fumes might cause it to sting.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PATRICE IN IL Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:24 am

Linda becareful with vinegar around your eyes, you can cause some serious damage there with it.
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down