Christian Homesteaders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Like/Tweet/+1
Latest topics
» The Beast Revelation
Thinking of Quitting?  Don't! EmptyMon Jun 11, 2018 2:24 am by michae1

» Facebook page
Thinking of Quitting?  Don't! EmptySun Feb 11, 2018 9:19 am by dizzy

» Hilarious video A little garden fun by the cowboy poet Baxter Black
Thinking of Quitting?  Don't! EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 12:54 am by mountainmama

» An Insurrection Coming
Thinking of Quitting?  Don't! EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 6:52 am by 12acrehome

» Patrice's Patch Garden Journal
Thinking of Quitting?  Don't! EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 8:47 am by PATRICE IN IL

» lambs and ewes
Thinking of Quitting?  Don't! EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 11:46 pm by Farmfresh

» Irish Cuisine Class/Demonstration Recipes
Thinking of Quitting?  Don't! EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 6:13 am by PATRICE IN IL

» Prayer request for my dh's aunt
Thinking of Quitting?  Don't! EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 8:55 pm by PATRICE IN IL

» How has your day been and what's for dinner...................
Thinking of Quitting?  Don't! EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 5:43 am by PATRICE IN IL

Keywords

Sloppy  Taco  recipes  Seasoning  

Affiliates
free forum

Top posting users this week
No user

Thinking of Quitting? Don't!

3 posters

Go down

Thinking of Quitting?  Don't! Empty Thinking of Quitting? Don't!

Post by Sonshine Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:18 am

Thinking Of Quitting? Don't!
Be steadfast...
1 Corinthians 15:58 NKJV

George Frideric Handel was a musical prodigy. At twenty-one he was a keyboard virtuoso. When he turned to composing he gained immediate fame and soon was appointed Kapellmeister to the Elector of Hanover (later King George I of England). When Handel moved to England his renown grew. By the time he was forty he was world famous. But despite his talent and fame he faced considerable adversity. Rivalry with English composers was fierce. Audiences were fickle; sometimes they didn't turn out for his performances. He was the victim of the changing political winds. Several times he found himself on the verge of bankruptcy. His problems were compounded by failing health. He suffered a stroke which left his right arm limp and damaged the use of four fingers in his right hand. Although he recovered, it left him battling depression. Finally, at fifty-six, Handel decided it was time to retire. Discouraged, miserable and consumed with debt, he felt certain he'd land in a debtor's prison. So on April 8, 1741, he gave what he considered his farewell concert. Disappointed and filled with self-pity, he gave up. But that year something incredible happened. A wealthy friend named Charles Jennings encouraged Handel by visiting him and giving him a libretto based on the life of Christ. The work intrigued Handel, so he began writing. Immediately the floodgates of inspiration opened. For three weeks he wrote almost nonstop. Then he spent another two days creating the orchestrations. In twenty-four days he had completed the 260-page manuscript of The Messiah. Thinking of quitting? Don't! 'Be steadfast.

"Faith sees the invisible, believes the incredible, and receives the impossible; faith is realizing that we are useful to God not in spite of our scars but because of them. Why not continue keeping the faith in the Lord; surely he will not disappoint you".
The Wise Saying of the day:- O LORD of hosts, blessed is the man that trusteth in thee. Psalm 84:12 Have a blessed and fruitful weekend with favour and God's safety on our way.shalom
Pastor David C.A
Bible Truth Church of God Inc.
www.bibletruthchurchofgod.piczo.com
Phone:- +2348060630630(its a mobile phone you can sms me and i will reply you) PRAY FOR ME AS I PRAY FOR YOU!!!
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

https://christianhomesteader.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Thinking of Quitting?  Don't! Empty Re: Thinking of Quitting? Don't!

Post by Deena in GA Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:45 am

Thank you for posting that, Sonshine! I have heard and seen similar inspiring stories of people who just wouldn't give up. In fact, I read an article (old article) just recently about Tyler Perry, who is now a big hit, but who had gone broke time after time trying to get his play produced and shown. He finally was about to give up and was showing his play for the last time (he thought). His mother had been encouraging him to give up and go get a real job. That one last set of performances caught on and started selling out. From there on, he has continued to write, produce, direct and act in his plays and movies.

Deena in GA

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:36 am

I think too many of us give up just when things are starting to break loose. We almost didn't get Tyler because I was ready to give up on ever having a child to raise. In fact, when my Pastor called me to tell me about the adoption agency I told her that I couldn't go through that again, besides, I was 39 years old at the time, which meant I would be 40 years old with a baby. I was already starting to show signs of health problems too. But after praying we decided to try one more time. A year later we were blessed with our precious son. When I read this devotional it made me wonder what would have happened if I had quit trying.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RiannaTheodore Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:25 am

That was an inspiring message.
Whenever you make a mistake or get knocked down by life, don't look back at it too long. Mistakes are life's way of teaching you. Your capacity for occasional blunders is inseparable from your capacity to reach your goals. No one wins them all, and your failures, when they happen, are just part of your growth. Shake off your blunders. How will you know your limits without an occasional failure? Never quit. Your turn will come.

----------------------
How intelligent are you?
Find out here: IQ Test || EQ Test
RiannaTheodore
RiannaTheodore

http://www.selfgrowth.com/test.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:42 am

Very well put Rianna. Welcome to the forum. I hope you take the time to introduce yourself in our introduction section.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RiannaTheodore Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:59 am

Thanks for you warm welcome:)
Sure, I'll do that.

-------------------
How intelligent are you?
Find out here: IQ Test || EQ Test
RiannaTheodore
RiannaTheodore

http://www.selfgrowth.com/test.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down