Christian Homesteaders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Like/Tweet/+1
Latest topics
» The Beast Revelation
Take a few moments to introduce yourself - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2018 2:24 am by michae1

» Facebook page
Take a few moments to introduce yourself - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 11, 2018 9:19 am by dizzy

» Hilarious video A little garden fun by the cowboy poet Baxter Black
Take a few moments to introduce yourself - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 12:54 am by mountainmama

» An Insurrection Coming
Take a few moments to introduce yourself - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 6:52 am by 12acrehome

» Patrice's Patch Garden Journal
Take a few moments to introduce yourself - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 8:47 am by PATRICE IN IL

» lambs and ewes
Take a few moments to introduce yourself - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 11:46 pm by Farmfresh

» Irish Cuisine Class/Demonstration Recipes
Take a few moments to introduce yourself - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 6:13 am by PATRICE IN IL

» Prayer request for my dh's aunt
Take a few moments to introduce yourself - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 8:55 pm by PATRICE IN IL

» How has your day been and what's for dinner...................
Take a few moments to introduce yourself - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 5:43 am by PATRICE IN IL

Keywords

Seasoning  recipes  Taco  Sloppy  

Affiliates
free forum

Top posting users this week
No user

Take a few moments to introduce yourself

+18
Agape1953
mountainmama
Malachias
12acrehome
Libby Mn
dizzy
backtotheland
Rohn
wawa7
george
PATRICE IN IL
lbjack
CountryGirl72
Marie
7dawn
salsaak
NativeOregonian
Sonshine
22 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Take a few moments to introduce yourself - Page 4 Empty Re: Take a few moments to introduce yourself

Post by PATRICE IN IL Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:15 am

Welcome Rick from another of the physically challenged in the group. You may not be able to tend a large garden but try to plant yourself a few tomatoes and peppers for fresh eating. Wink
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Take a few moments to introduce yourself - Page 4 Empty Re: Take a few moments to introduce yourself

Post by rickpaul Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:59 pm

Thanks 12acrs home, the 20 acres are not fenced in, if they were I`de use 10acres 1/2 year an the other i`de use the other half of the year.....

rickpaul

Back to top Go down

Post by rickpaul Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:01 pm

PATRICE IN IL wrote:Welcome Rick from another of the physically challenged in the group. You may not be able to tend a large garden but try to plant yourself a few tomatoes and peppers for fresh eating. Wink

I`ll certainly do what I can, Smile , if in buckets if nothin else......

rickpaul

Back to top Go down

Post by Farmfresh Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:35 am

I have planted in plastic 55 gallon barrels cut in half for many years now.  The ones I got were originally used for soda syrup.  They work great for many plants. 

I put several holes a few inches from the bottom on the side of the pots and then fill with gravel (lava rock) to just above those holes.  Then add the soil.  The gravel filled base acts as a water source making them self watering to a large degree.  When I water I just make sure to always fill until the water comes out of the holes.
Farmfresh
Farmfresh

http://www.uBuilderPlans.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzy Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:19 am

FF, do you by any chance grow either asparagus or rhubarb in your containers?

dizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Farmfresh Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:33 am

Nope.  We don't like either in this household.   affraid 

But I DO have a pot full of horseradish.  I bet the rhubarb would work for sure.
Farmfresh
Farmfresh

http://www.uBuilderPlans.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum