Rechercher Advanced Search

Like/Tweet/+1
Latest topics
» The Beast Revelation
Getting Ready to Get Ready For Winter EmptyMon Jun 11, 2018 2:24 am by michae1

» Facebook page
Getting Ready to Get Ready For Winter EmptySun Feb 11, 2018 9:19 am by dizzy

» Hilarious video A little garden fun by the cowboy poet Baxter Black
Getting Ready to Get Ready For Winter EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 12:54 am by mountainmama

» An Insurrection Coming
Getting Ready to Get Ready For Winter EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 6:52 am by 12acrehome

» Patrice's Patch Garden Journal
Getting Ready to Get Ready For Winter EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 8:47 am by PATRICE IN IL

» lambs and ewes
Getting Ready to Get Ready For Winter EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 11:46 pm by Farmfresh

» Irish Cuisine Class/Demonstration Recipes
Getting Ready to Get Ready For Winter EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 6:13 am by PATRICE IN IL

» Prayer request for my dh's aunt
Getting Ready to Get Ready For Winter EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 8:55 pm by PATRICE IN IL

» How has your day been and what's for dinner...................
Getting Ready to Get Ready For Winter EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 5:43 am by PATRICE IN IL

Keywords

Taco  Sloppy  Seasoning  

Affiliates
free forum

Top posting users this week

Getting Ready to Get Ready For Winter

Go down

Getting Ready to Get Ready For Winter Empty Getting Ready to Get Ready For Winter

Post by Sonshine on Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:10 pm

http://www.homestead.org/KimFlottum/Winter/GetReady.htm

This was article supposed to be something about how honey bees and beekeepers deal with winter and it was to appear in late September, just in time to be early enough to think about winter and actually do something about it before it actually got here, for a change.

But Neil wanted something sooner than that. And a late August time frame is a bit too early to be worrying about wind screens, entrance reducers and adequate ventilation. Criminey, it’s still hot out there. Winter is a cool, damp distant dream.

Instead, right now is the perfect time to make a conscious effort to begin the too-often-overlooked chore of taking care of the bees, that take care of the bees, that do go into winter. That’s a three generation leap if you think about it. There are a lot of parallels in regular life that use similar rules.

I’ll give you a for instance. Right now the tomato plants in my garden are just beginning to show signs of late blight, an insidious disease that takes out tomato plants later in the summer. If I let the plants go and they collapse and die right there in the garden, all the inoculum that collects on the dead tissues of the plant, now decomposing in the soil, lie dormant for a year or more, waiting to strike next season when the right environment and a host plant are ready. But at the first sign of infection, if I remove and destroy infected plants by burning them, I’ve stopped further infestations in their tracks.… my proactive treatment saves future season’s plants, and takes anything resembling a necessary chemical treatment out of the equation.

For the rest of the article, please follow the link.

Proverbs 28:19[b]
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

https://christianhomesteader.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum