Christian Homesteaders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Like/Tweet/+1
Latest topics
» The Beast Revelation
What a Blessing.  EmptyMon Jun 11, 2018 2:24 am by michae1

» Facebook page
What a Blessing.  EmptySun Feb 11, 2018 9:19 am by dizzy

» Hilarious video A little garden fun by the cowboy poet Baxter Black
What a Blessing.  EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 12:54 am by mountainmama

» An Insurrection Coming
What a Blessing.  EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 6:52 am by 12acrehome

» Patrice's Patch Garden Journal
What a Blessing.  EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 8:47 am by PATRICE IN IL

» lambs and ewes
What a Blessing.  EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 11:46 pm by Farmfresh

» Irish Cuisine Class/Demonstration Recipes
What a Blessing.  EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 6:13 am by PATRICE IN IL

» Prayer request for my dh's aunt
What a Blessing.  EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 8:55 pm by PATRICE IN IL

» How has your day been and what's for dinner...................
What a Blessing.  EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 5:43 am by PATRICE IN IL

Keywords

Taco  Seasoning  recipes  Sloppy  

Affiliates
free forum

Top posting users this week
No user

What a Blessing.

2 posters

Go down

What a Blessing.  Empty What a Blessing.

Post by Farmfresh Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:13 pm

As so many of you know this has been a very turbulent time in my life and the lives of the rest of my family members as well. What it has done is to open my eyes yet again to the true magnificence that is our God.

With my daughter's medical issues it has been so comforting to be able to rest in the protection of the Lord. To be able to totally trust that He has a plan that will be for our ultimate good. That He really loves us. That even the little things never escape His eye.

What a blessing to be able to teach my grandson about the God that loves Him. To show a child how to rest in the blessings of the Father. To demonstrate how a prayer can ease worry and calm the soul. To be able to trust that even in bad circumstances God will protect that which is precious. To know that God's plan for this child's future will not be altered by human failures and bad judgement on the part of a human court.

My father is dying unsaved. That is a painful thing, yet I am thankful that God has given us free choice. My dad seems to have chosen to reject God and all that he has to offer throughout his lifetime, instead he chose to follow his own personal will. It is painful, but just that God then is giving my dad the right to spend eternity as he willed as well.

I woke up this morning and rolled over against my sleeping husband. What a miracle. I have a husband that asked me - no drilled me - about my religious beliefs on the first date. I was a very new Christian and actually afraid to admit it, but made a split second choice to profess to this guy taking me out for the first time. What a relief when I passed his little test and he said that he would now be considering that second date. What kind of person was this that a little something like religious beliefs would decide his dating choices? He was (and is) like nothing I have ever met before. What a blessing that my husband has always been such a strong believer. Having a husband who is truly a soul mate and always having Christ to care for our souls... what a difference that has always made to our family. I have three children that are believers because of the unity in Christ that my husband and I have had.

As I rolled over this morning tears came to my eyes. How thankful I am. God has given us some pretty amazing gifts in this life and some astounding promises for the future. I will NEVER lose my husband. Or my children. We may be separated at some point for a few human years, but what a brief spark compared to the eternity that we will spend together in the privileged position of worshiping our God Most High.

What a gift. What freedom. What blessing. Amen.
Farmfresh
Farmfresh

http://www.uBuilderPlans.com

Back to top Go down

What a Blessing.  Empty Re: What a Blessing.

Post by PATRICE IN IL Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:31 pm

I'm thankful for ALL the Blessing bestowed upon us from our Lord and Savior! Smile

Hugs to you my dear friend as you face the end of your father's life, deal with your daughter's illness, your own health issues and while you help raise with your sweet grandson.
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum