Christian Homesteaders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Like/Tweet/+1
Latest topics
» The Beast Revelation
Are you working on any projects over the winter? EmptyMon Jun 11, 2018 2:24 am by michae1

» Facebook page
Are you working on any projects over the winter? EmptySun Feb 11, 2018 9:19 am by dizzy

» Hilarious video A little garden fun by the cowboy poet Baxter Black
Are you working on any projects over the winter? EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 12:54 am by mountainmama

» An Insurrection Coming
Are you working on any projects over the winter? EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 6:52 am by 12acrehome

» Patrice's Patch Garden Journal
Are you working on any projects over the winter? EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 8:47 am by PATRICE IN IL

» lambs and ewes
Are you working on any projects over the winter? EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 11:46 pm by Farmfresh

» Irish Cuisine Class/Demonstration Recipes
Are you working on any projects over the winter? EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 6:13 am by PATRICE IN IL

» Prayer request for my dh's aunt
Are you working on any projects over the winter? EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 8:55 pm by PATRICE IN IL

» How has your day been and what's for dinner...................
Are you working on any projects over the winter? EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 5:43 am by PATRICE IN IL

Keywords

recipes  Sloppy  Taco  Seasoning  

Affiliates
free forum

Top posting users this week
No user

Are you working on any projects over the winter?

+3
PATRICE IN IL
12acrehome
Farmfresh
7 posters

Go down

Are you working on any projects over the winter? Empty Are you working on any projects over the winter?

Post by PATRICE IN IL Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:22 pm

I feel a major let down now that the holiday rush is over. I still have the lap quilts to make for my ds and myself and his denim quilt to make. I'm in no hurry for the denim quilt because I ordered him a KING SIZE comforter from Kohl's on Thanksgiving Day for $21.50 (after the sale price and % off coupon).

I also never got my table runner made, so I can play with that as well, when I have the time/energy. I may make a deco mesh winter wreath for my front door since I never got the Christmas one for home made either.

So do you have any projects that you are planning to work on while we are stuck indoors?
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Are you working on any projects over the winter? Empty Re: Are you working on any projects over the winter?

Post by dizzy Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:25 pm

Getting my house clean. I'm making progress slowly but surely. There is just too much junk in here, but it's not as bad as it was last year at this time.

dizzy

Back to top Go down

Are you working on any projects over the winter? Empty Re: Are you working on any projects over the winter?

Post by PATRICE IN IL Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:42 pm

I've got to do that too, but I was thinking along the lines of craft projects to do while the weather is nasty. Wink
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Farmfresh Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:43 pm

Are you kidding? It never ends around this place! Shocked

Winter projects include working on ceiling lights in house, possibly more insulation, working on cabinets and working on those brush piles (days when we can).

I would love to get back to some quilting as well. I have a hand pieced quilt that I haven't worked on for several years. When I cleaned up my command central office/sewing room I found the blocks again all cut and ready to stitch. It would sure be a nice change of pace to do a little stitching on those when I can.
Farmfresh
Farmfresh

http://www.uBuilderPlans.com

Back to top Go down

Post by PATRICE IN IL Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:48 pm

I've got house related projects to complete too, but I enjoy crafting and since I couldn't do too much while caring for my DH, I intend on resuming some now. Smile The house stuff will EVENTUALLY get done, but I want some playtime now too. Wink
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzy Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:51 am

Right now, I can't even get to any crafty stuff until I get the house clean. Then, watch out!

dizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by PATRICE IN IL Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:05 am

Wink
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Farmfresh Thu Dec 31, 2015 9:03 am

Right now I am ready for bed at about 6 pm. Watch out. Laughing
Farmfresh
Farmfresh

http://www.uBuilderPlans.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzy Thu Dec 31, 2015 9:22 am

I'm wishing I had something to work on. I'm bored, but I'm not tired and don't feel like doing housework.

dizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by 12acrehome Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:37 am

I'm installing a wood burning stove in the barn so I can work on projects year round
12acrehome
12acrehome
Admin

https://www.facebook.com/keith.skaggs.9

Back to top Go down

Post by PATRICE IN IL Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:05 am

That will be very helpful for you Keith. Smile
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzy Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:57 am

I get other things caught up, and I'll be redoing my greenhouse. I need new plastic on it, plus I want to figure out how to do a rocket stove.

dizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by 12acrehome Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:46 am

A rocket stove might be fun to figure out
12acrehome
12acrehome
Admin

https://www.facebook.com/keith.skaggs.9

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzy Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:12 am

I saw what I wanted to do someplace, I just need to figure out where I put the link! It may be buried in my journal.

dizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by kerrig Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:33 pm

Tomorrow we are supposed to replace the ceiling tiles in our kitchen that are damaged from when our roof leaked. We've had the new roof going on 10 years and are just now getting these done. Hubby is on 40 hours a week now so it's a little easier.
I want to try to get some aprons done by the time our Farmer's Market starts back up. That way I'll have the aprons and my baked goods.
I'm also going to start back writing. I have wasted the last 20 years with wanting to write, starting to write and then never finishing anything. I intend to give myself permission to try to start a writing career.
I have my garden planned out as far as what seeds I have and what seeds we need to order. We already have blackberries, black raspberries & grapes that do well so I am adding 2 cherry trees this year.
kerrig
kerrig

Back to top Go down

Post by gramaki Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:53 pm

I am hoping to get started on my stash of fabric and sew simple quilts for the kids and grandkids.. every week I say "this is the week".. and then something seems to come up to distract me bounce
gramaki
gramaki

Back to top Go down

Post by PATRICE IN IL Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:59 pm

I know the feeling, I start things then get distracted until I have to rush and finish the project quickly. Wink
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mountainmama Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:44 am

We've been snowed in all weekend and as a result, I'm getting LOTS of UFO sewing project done. Feels good to accomplish it.

mountainmama

Back to top Go down

Post by PATRICE IN IL Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:49 am

Enjoy the extra time you have now to work on your projects because as soon as the weather clears up you'll be back to focusing on other things again. Wink
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mountainmama Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:51 am

Oh yes, back to work and doctor's appointments, etc. They called off school already for tomorrow, which means no work, so I have another day to sew!

mountainmama

Back to top Go down

Post by PATRICE IN IL Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:42 am

Smile
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down