Christian Homesteaders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Like/Tweet/+1
Latest topics
» The Beast Revelation
Farmfresh's  Thunder Ridge Garden Journal - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2018 2:24 am by michae1

» Facebook page
Farmfresh's  Thunder Ridge Garden Journal - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 11, 2018 9:19 am by dizzy

» Hilarious video A little garden fun by the cowboy poet Baxter Black
Farmfresh's  Thunder Ridge Garden Journal - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 12:54 am by mountainmama

» An Insurrection Coming
Farmfresh's  Thunder Ridge Garden Journal - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 6:52 am by 12acrehome

» Patrice's Patch Garden Journal
Farmfresh's  Thunder Ridge Garden Journal - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 8:47 am by PATRICE IN IL

» lambs and ewes
Farmfresh's  Thunder Ridge Garden Journal - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 11:46 pm by Farmfresh

» Irish Cuisine Class/Demonstration Recipes
Farmfresh's  Thunder Ridge Garden Journal - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 6:13 am by PATRICE IN IL

» Prayer request for my dh's aunt
Farmfresh's  Thunder Ridge Garden Journal - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 8:55 pm by PATRICE IN IL

» How has your day been and what's for dinner...................
Farmfresh's  Thunder Ridge Garden Journal - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 5:43 am by PATRICE IN IL

Keywords

Seasoning  recipes  Taco  Sloppy  

Affiliates
free forum

Top posting users this week
No user

Farmfresh's Thunder Ridge Garden Journal

+2
Harvey_Birdman
Farmfresh
6 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Farmfresh's  Thunder Ridge Garden Journal - Page 4 Empty Re: Farmfresh's Thunder Ridge Garden Journal

Post by PATRICE IN IL Mon May 18, 2015 10:59 am

I planted my raspberries along my fence so I can just run a wire to support the canes. Wink
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Farmfresh's  Thunder Ridge Garden Journal - Page 4 Empty Re: Farmfresh's Thunder Ridge Garden Journal

Post by Farmfresh Mon May 18, 2015 2:37 pm

Mine are planted about 3 feet in along the property line in the front. I have my 3 elderberries planted on the south end of the same row. Together they are going to act as a hedge between me and the crazy neighbor to the west.
Farmfresh
Farmfresh

http://www.uBuilderPlans.com

Back to top Go down

Post by PATRICE IN IL Mon May 18, 2015 4:23 pm

Good plan Smile
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Farmfresh Tue May 19, 2015 1:27 am

Today the Kid and I got started planting a small Three Sisters garden in the front corner of the pasture. We did it no till in the middle of a thin crop of clover. We planted/are planting Ambrosia corn, Snow Cap half runner beans, Galeux D' Eysines pumpkin, Green Goblin pumpkin, Green Hubbard squash and Long Island Cheese pumpkin.

The winter before last that was the spot where the round bales were placed, so it is soft mushy soil full of decayed hay and manure. It only gets sun about 3/4 of the day, but I hope that will be enough to get a decent crop.
Farmfresh
Farmfresh

Back to top Go down

Post by Farmfresh Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:48 am

Still haven't re-planted the Three Sisters, but I did get some more planting done. More onion sets in, some beans planted and some okra re-planted. I think between the buckets of rain and the hens the last batch of okra just gave up.
Farmfresh
Farmfresh

Back to top Go down

Post by PATRICE IN IL Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:32 am

Glad you were able to get some stuff replanted. Wink Hopefully it will all start growing well for you.
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Farmfresh Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:37 pm

D2 brought over some tomatillo plants that had come up volunteer at her house. I hope that they can get established. They looked pretty wilted yesterday.

It is finally starting to warm up a bit. We had a decent sunny day yesterday.
Farmfresh
Farmfresh

Back to top Go down

Post by PATRICE IN IL Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:06 pm

It's been warm and now it's supposed to hit 92° here today. I hope the tomatillas perk back up.
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Farmfresh Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:45 am

Didn't do a lot of gardening today, but I did get a bit more mulch and cardboard down for a path around the raised bed. The Kid and I also got some bird netting up around it to keep chickens out.
Farmfresh
Farmfresh

Back to top Go down

Post by PATRICE IN IL Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:20 am

Every little bit helps even if it doesn't seem like you are doing much.
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum