Christian Homesteaders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Like/Tweet/+1
Latest topics
» The Beast Revelation
Camping anyone? EmptyMon Jun 11, 2018 2:24 am by michae1

» Facebook page
Camping anyone? EmptySun Feb 11, 2018 9:19 am by dizzy

» Hilarious video A little garden fun by the cowboy poet Baxter Black
Camping anyone? EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 12:54 am by mountainmama

» An Insurrection Coming
Camping anyone? EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 6:52 am by 12acrehome

» Patrice's Patch Garden Journal
Camping anyone? EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 8:47 am by PATRICE IN IL

» lambs and ewes
Camping anyone? EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 11:46 pm by Farmfresh

» Irish Cuisine Class/Demonstration Recipes
Camping anyone? EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 6:13 am by PATRICE IN IL

» Prayer request for my dh's aunt
Camping anyone? EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 8:55 pm by PATRICE IN IL

» How has your day been and what's for dinner...................
Camping anyone? EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 5:43 am by PATRICE IN IL

Keywords

Sloppy  Seasoning  recipes  Taco  

Affiliates
free forum

Top posting users this week
No user

Camping anyone?

5 posters

Go down

Camping anyone? Empty Camping anyone?

Post by Harvey_Birdman Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:49 am

I was just wondering how many of you are interested in camping, hiking, survival, bushcraft, and that sort of thing? It is a favorite hobby of mine, and I can start posting more stuff about it if there is interest in it. I have noticed that the board has been slow lately, and I thought if we found more things we have in common, and can talk at length about we could bring more traffic to the forum. I know there isn't much homesteady stuff going on this time of year, so maybe we can find other common ground. Maybe outdoorsy stuff ain't your thang; okay then find another subforum that is close to your interest and start talking.

The main point is this forum is like an online home/church to me, and I know it is to a lot of you too. That being said I get a little sad when I log on, and there is no new post to read. I know that I don't post every day, maybe I should, but I do read the board nearly everyday. I would love to see this board take off, and reach more people. To do that I think it is the duty of the small group of steady posting members to break out into new ground, staying true to the scope of the site of course, but finding new common ground with in the realm of the Christian Homestead.

Well, I don't really know how I ended up on a soap box. i started out just wanting to know who wanted to talk about camping.

God bless,
Chad
Harvey_Birdman
Harvey_Birdman

http://homesteadingpreacherman.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Camping anyone? Empty Re: Camping anyone?

Post by Farmfresh Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:54 am

I love to camp, but unfortunately my health problems make it nearly impossible these days. 

I think a lot of times people don't take the time to post, because they think what they have to say is not important enough.  It is that little un-important stuff that makes up the big stuff.  Also it is a great way to start a conversation and that ... after all is what a forum is supposed to be.  Get in there folks and just do a post.
Farmfresh
Farmfresh

http://www.uBuilderPlans.com

Back to top Go down

Post by PATRICE IN IL Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:27 am

^^^^^Exactly^^^^^^

I might enjoy camping again if it weren't for my health issues as well.
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzy Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:43 am

It depends on what you call camping. Years ago, my sister and I took our sons camping. We were in tents. In the next site was a family in a trailer. We never saw them outside of it unless they were heading someplace in the campground. Other than that, they stayed in the trailer watching TV w/the AC going full blast.

Lately, the only camping I've been doing is on overnight trips w/the horses. And, I'm fast getting to the stage of wanting something other than a tent.

dizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by 12acrehome Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:31 pm

When I was a teen I enjoyed camping in tents, or just really roughing it with a couple blankets. Mostly it was just a way to do more hunting or fishing. These days, I'm not so interested in camping at all. Having some acreage and few and somewhat distant neighbors the homestead is my escape.

I do think bushcraft, and survival discussions could help reach others though. Fish traps would certainly be an interesting topic of discussion.

12acrehome
12acrehome
Admin

https://www.facebook.com/keith.skaggs.9

Back to top Go down

Post by Harvey_Birdman Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:23 pm

dizzy wrote:It depends on what you call camping.  

I do a little bit of all kinds of camping. Like Kieth I grew up with camping as just a way to hunt and fish more, but now I go just for the fun of camping. My dad has a pop-up camper that we take to the lake each year, I also go ATV camping, but my favorite way to camp is to hike in on foot to places you can't get an ATV. When you hike in you get away from where most people are, and you can get closer to God and his creation.

I have several tents, and enjoy tent camping. I also have tarps that I prefer over tent camping, but better still is a tarp over a hammock that is my favorite, and most comfortable way to camp. However with out the right equipment it is too cold to hammock camp most of the year around here, and I have not gathered everything I need to hammock camp in winter yet. Maybe in a few years I will get there.

Kieth, as so as I can find some time I will get out and take some detailed pics of some of my bushcraft skill, and start putting up more stuff like that. And i will be sure to make a trip report of any camps I get to go on.
Harvey_Birdman
Harvey_Birdman

http://homesteadingpreacherman.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by 12acrehome Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:25 pm

That would be great Chad...hopefully we can inspire more folks to join in and post
12acrehome
12acrehome
Admin

https://www.facebook.com/keith.skaggs.9

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down