Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Like/Tweet/+1
Latest topics
» The Beast Revelation
What Does the Lord Require of You?  Micah 6:8  Deuteronomy 10:12-13  EmptyMon Jun 11, 2018 2:24 am by michae1

» Facebook page
What Does the Lord Require of You?  Micah 6:8  Deuteronomy 10:12-13  EmptySun Feb 11, 2018 9:19 am by dizzy

» Hilarious video A little garden fun by the cowboy poet Baxter Black
What Does the Lord Require of You?  Micah 6:8  Deuteronomy 10:12-13  EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 12:54 am by mountainmama

» An Insurrection Coming
What Does the Lord Require of You?  Micah 6:8  Deuteronomy 10:12-13  EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 6:52 am by 12acrehome

» Patrice's Patch Garden Journal
What Does the Lord Require of You?  Micah 6:8  Deuteronomy 10:12-13  EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 8:47 am by PATRICE IN IL

» lambs and ewes
What Does the Lord Require of You?  Micah 6:8  Deuteronomy 10:12-13  EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 11:46 pm by Farmfresh

» Irish Cuisine Class/Demonstration Recipes
What Does the Lord Require of You?  Micah 6:8  Deuteronomy 10:12-13  EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 6:13 am by PATRICE IN IL

» Prayer request for my dh's aunt
What Does the Lord Require of You?  Micah 6:8  Deuteronomy 10:12-13  EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 8:55 pm by PATRICE IN IL

» How has your day been and what's for dinner...................
What Does the Lord Require of You?  Micah 6:8  Deuteronomy 10:12-13  EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 5:43 am by PATRICE IN IL

Keywords

Taco  Sloppy  Seasoning  

Affiliates
free forum

Top posting users this week

What Does the Lord Require of You? Micah 6:8 Deuteronomy 10:12-13

Go down

What Does the Lord Require of You?  Micah 6:8  Deuteronomy 10:12-13  Empty What Does the Lord Require of You? Micah 6:8 Deuteronomy 10:12-13

Post by Rohn on Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:06 am

WHAT DOES THE LORD REQUIRE OF YOU?
Micah 6:8

(Micah 6:8) He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?  (KJV)

(Deuteronomy 10:12-13) And now, Israel, what doth the LORD thy God require of thee, but to fear the LORD thy God, to walk in all his ways, and to love him, and to serve the LORD thy God with all thy heart and with all thy soul, To keep the commandments of the LORD, and his statutes, which I command thee this day for thy good?  (KJV)

What does the Lord require of you?
He requires:
1. GOD REQUIRES - INWARD RIGHTEOUSNESS.
Jesus gives us a good example of inward righteousness when He says (Matthew 5:20) For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.  (KJV)

Our righteousness is not accepted of God just because our works are good. We must have an inward purity that only comes from the cleansing of the Blood of Christ.
How do we arrive at this inward righteousness?

(Hosea 10:12) Sow to yourselves in righteousness, reap in mercy; break up your fallow ground: for it is time to seek the LORD, till he come and rain righteousness upon you.  (KJV)

II. GOD REQUIRES - A CHILD-LIKE SPIRIT.
(Matthew 18:3) And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.  (KJV)

1. WE MUST COME IN SIMPLICITY.
(Psalms 116:6) The LORD preserveth the simple: I was brought low, and he helped me.  (KJV)

(Luke 18:17) Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child shall in no wise enter therein.  (KJV)

(Isaiah 35:8) And an highway shall be there, and a way, and it shall be called The way of holiness; the unclean shall not pass over it; but it shall be for those: the wayfaring men, though fools, shall not err therein.  (KJV)

Naaman almost missed it because he did not want to accept a simple way.

(2 Kings 5:9-14) So Naaman came with his horses and with his chariot, and stood at the door of the house of Elisha. And Elisha sent a messenger unto him, saying, Go and wash in Jordan seven times, and thy flesh shall come again to thee, and thou shalt be clean. But Naaman was wroth, and went away, and said, Behold, I thought, He will surely come out to me, and stand, and call on the name of the LORD his God, and strike his hand over the place, and recover the leper. Are not Abana and Pharpar, rivers of Damascus, better than all the waters of Israel? may I not wash in them, and be clean? So he turned and went away in a rage. And his servants came near, and spake unto him, and said, My father, if the prophet had bid thee do some great thing, wouldest thou not have done it? how much rather then, when he saith to thee, Wash, and be clean? Then went he down, and dipped himself seven times in Jordan, according to the saying of the man of God: and his flesh came again like unto the flesh of a little child, and he was clean.  (KJV)

2. WE MUST BE TEACHABLE.
Children are easily taught, so we must come to Him with a teachable attitude.
(Matthew 18:3) And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.  (KJV)

(1) The disciples realized the need to be taught.  
(Luke 11:1) And it came to pass, that, as he was praying in a certain place, when he ceased, one of his disciples said unto him, Lord, teach us to pray, as John also taught his disciples.  (KJV)

(2) Manifested by the blind man.  
(John 9:35-36) Jesus heard that they had cast him out; and when he had found him, he said unto him, Dost thou believe on the Son of God? He answered and said, Who is he, Lord, that I might believe on him?  (KJV)

(3)  Seen in the Ethiopian eunuch.  
(Acts 8:31) And he said, How can I, except some man should guide me? And he desired Philip that he would come up and sit with him.  (KJV)

(4)  The secret of Paul's success.
(Acts 9:6) And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do.  (KJV)

Before any work for God there always comes the vision of God. To behold Him, to be lifted up above our troubled hearts, above our worries and discords, and to be absolutely sure that we have spoken with God, and He has spoken with us—this is the indispensable preliminary of doing anything in God's service. If a servant of God is uncertain of his Master, he will be uncertain of everything that follows in his service. If you and I have no doubt about having seen God, then our divine service will grow sweeter and clearer and easier every year we live. I have had men say to me, "Didn't Paul's Christian life begin with the question, 'What will thou have me to do?'" No, it did not; no life begins with that question. lt began with the question, "Who art thou, Lord?' (Acts 9:5). When Paul had settled that it was the risen Christ who appeared to him then came the much easier question, "What wilt thou have me to do?' We cannot feed the multitude out of an empty basket; we cannot present the Lord until we have seen the Lord.

(5)  Results in the Philippian jailor's conversion.
(Acts 16:30) And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?  (KJV)

III. GOD ALSO REQUIRES REPENTANCE.

(Luke 13:3) …. except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.  (KJV)
Do not imagine that you can progress into a Christian life without first turning squarely away from the world and toward heavenly things. If you were on the wrong road last year, your only salvation is in a right-about-face. Picture a man departing from Cincinnati on his way to San Francisco, turning his car toward the east instead of the west. He realizes his mistake, but does not want to tum around; and so, in spite of regrets and resolutions and protestations that he wants to go to the Pacific coast, he one day ends up confronted by the Atlantic.  Conversion means turning about, and it means that you are to do the turning yourself (Luke 13:3).

(Acts 3:19) Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;  (KJV)

IV. GOD REQUIRES THE NEW BIRTH.
(John 3:3) Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.  (KJV)

1. BIRTH OF A NEW SPIRIT.
(Ezekiel 36:26) A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.  (KJV)
A certain prisoner, most cunning and brutal, was singularly repulsive even in comparison with other prisoners. He had been known for his daring and for the utter absence of all feeling when committing acts of violence. The chaplain had spoken to him several times but had not succeeded even in getting an answer. The man was sullenly set against all instruction. At last he expressed a desire for a certain book, but as it was not in the library the chaplain pointed to the Bible which was placed in his cell, saying, "Did you ever read that Book?”  He gave no answer but Looked at the good man as if he would kill him. The question was kindly repeated, with the assurance that he would find it well worth reading. "Mister," said the convict, "you would not ask me such a question if you knew who I am, What have I to do with a book of that sort?' The chaplain answered, "I know all about you and that's why I think the Bible is the book for you." "It would do me no good," he cried. “I am past all feeling.” Doubling up his fist, he struck the iron door of the cell and said, "My heart is as hard as that iron; there is nothing in any book that will ever touch me."
"Well," said the chaplain, "you want a new heart. Did you ever read the covenant of grace?' To which the man answered sullenly by inquiring what he meant by such talk. His friend replied, "Listen to these words: 'A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you' " (Ezek. 36:26). The words struck the man with amazement. He asked to have the passage found for him in the Bible. He read the words again and again; and when the chaplain came back to him the next day, the wild beast was tamed. "Oh, sir," he said, "I never dreamed of such a promise!  I never believed it possible that God would speak in such a way to men.  If He gives me a new heart, it will be a miracle of mercy and yet I think He is going to work that miracle upon me for the very hope of a new nature is beginning to touch touched before me as I never was touched before.

2. A BIRTH OF DIVINE ORIGIN.  
(John 1:13) Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.  (KJV)

3. A NEW CREATION.  
(2 Corinthians 5:17) Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.  (KJV)
New status, new life, new creation--we must not separate these blessings. They belong together, and are given. to all who are in Christ.
A simple Illustration may help. lf a vagrant comes to us in dire need, down and out, in rags and tatters, and sick, even starving, lt will be good to give him a bath and a change of clothing, but not enough. For he is III and undernourished. So, in addition, he needs food and hospital treatment. Similarly, we come to Christ down and out, in the rags and tatters of our sin, spiritually sick and starving. In Christ, we are at once made welcome and accepted, and given a bath and a change of clothes. God sees us as righteous in Christ. This is our new status. But it is only the beginning. The Good Physician knows we are sick. So he puts His Spirit within us to give us new life and health, and He feeds us with His Word until we grow strong and vigorous. There are no half-measures With Him.

4. NECESSARY TO SALVATION.  
(Titus 3:5) Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;  (KJV)

5. OBTAINED BY FAITH (John 3:16) For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.  (KJV)

V. GOD REQUIRES SPIRITUAL WORSHIP.
(Psalms 96:9) O worship the LORD in the beauty of holiness: fear before him, all the earth.  (KJV)

VI. GOD REQUIRES PERSONAL FAITH.  
(John 3:36) He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.  (KJV)
High in the Canadian Rockies is a rushing stream called Divide Creek. At one point in its course, the waters reach a large boulder.
The water which travels to the left of the boulder rushes down. into the Kicking Horse River and finalty into the Pacific Ocean.
The water which travels to the right of the (arge rock makes lt down into the Bow River which empties into two more rivers and then into the Atlantic Ocean.
Once the water divides at that boulder, its ultimate destiny is decided. Downstream from that great rock the course cannot be altered. The left side goes to the Pacific and the right side goes to the Atlantic.
Every person meets his divide point. It comes when one decides to accept Christ or to reject Him. This Great Divide determines one's eternal destination and whether that one can have abundant life here on earth.
"He who believes in the Son has eternal life; he who does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God rests upon hirn" (John 3:36 RSV).

VII. GOD REQUIRES US TO KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS.
(Matthew 7:24-27) Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock: And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock. And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand: And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.  (KJV)  
(Deuteronomy 10:12-13) And now, Israel, what doth the LORD thy God require of thee, but to fear the LORD thy God, to walk in all his ways, and to love him, and to serve the LORD thy God with all thy heart and with all thy soul, To keep the commandments of the LORD, and his statutes, which I command thee this day for thy good?  (KJV)

1. Fear the Lord thy God.
2. Walk in all his ways.
3. Love Him.
4. Serve the Lord with all thy heart and with alt thy soul.
5. Keep the commandments.

What does the Lord require of you? Are you meeting His requirements?
Rohn
Rohn

Back to top Go down

What Does the Lord Require of You?  Micah 6:8  Deuteronomy 10:12-13  Empty Re: What Does the Lord Require of You? Micah 6:8 Deuteronomy 10:12-13

Post by 12acrehome on Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:06 am

I like this one Rohn (Ok I like all your sermons you share with us, but this is one of those that seems to speak to me) Thanks for posting this and the others

Proverbs 28:19  He who works his land will have abundant food...

Genesis 1:29  Then God said,"I give you every seed bearing plant on the face of the whole earth, and every tree that has fruit with seed in it..."

http://christiancountryramblings.com/
12acrehome
12acrehome
Admin

https://www.facebook.com/keith.skaggs.9

Back to top Go down

What Does the Lord Require of You?  Micah 6:8  Deuteronomy 10:12-13  Empty Re: What Does the Lord Require of You? Micah 6:8 Deuteronomy 10:12-13

Post by Rohn on Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:37 am

Thanks Keith. I post every one with much prayer that they will help someone.
Rohn
Rohn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum