Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Like/Tweet/+1
Latest topics
» The Beast Revelation
Our Concept of God - Jude 1:24, 25; Ephesians 3:20 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2018 2:24 am by michae1

» Facebook page
Our Concept of God - Jude 1:24, 25; Ephesians 3:20 EmptySun Feb 11, 2018 9:19 am by dizzy

» Hilarious video A little garden fun by the cowboy poet Baxter Black
Our Concept of God - Jude 1:24, 25; Ephesians 3:20 EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 12:54 am by mountainmama

» An Insurrection Coming
Our Concept of God - Jude 1:24, 25; Ephesians 3:20 EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 6:52 am by 12acrehome

» Patrice's Patch Garden Journal
Our Concept of God - Jude 1:24, 25; Ephesians 3:20 EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 8:47 am by PATRICE IN IL

» lambs and ewes
Our Concept of God - Jude 1:24, 25; Ephesians 3:20 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 11:46 pm by Farmfresh

» Irish Cuisine Class/Demonstration Recipes
Our Concept of God - Jude 1:24, 25; Ephesians 3:20 EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 6:13 am by PATRICE IN IL

» Prayer request for my dh's aunt
Our Concept of God - Jude 1:24, 25; Ephesians 3:20 EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 8:55 pm by PATRICE IN IL

» How has your day been and what's for dinner...................
Our Concept of God - Jude 1:24, 25; Ephesians 3:20 EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 5:43 am by PATRICE IN IL

Keywords

Seasoning  Sloppy  Taco  

Affiliates
free forum

Top posting users this week

Our Concept of God - Jude 1:24, 25; Ephesians 3:20

Go down

Our Concept of God - Jude 1:24, 25; Ephesians 3:20 Empty Our Concept of God - Jude 1:24, 25; Ephesians 3:20

Post by Rohn on Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:31 am

OUR CONCEPT OF GOD
Jude 1:24, 25;  Ephesians 3:20

(Ephesians 3:20) Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,  (KJV)

(Jude 1:24-25) Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.  (KJV)

What do you think about when you think of God?  What are your thoughts concerning God?  We have all probably heard that little prayer that children sometimes pray before a meal, “God is great, God is good, let  us thank Him for our food.”  Do we feel this way about God?

I.  OUR CONCEPT OF GOD DETERMINES WHAT WE ARE AND HOW WE BEHAVE OURSELVES AS FAR AS OUR RELIGION IS CONCERNED.
What kind of God do you believe in?  When you think of God what is He like to you?  Is He just a powerful being that has to be appeased or is He a God that loves you and really cares about your well-being?
Is He real? or just some ideal?  

The heathen worship a god that they believe they have to sacrifice to, to keep him from doing or allowing harm to come to them.   They so fear god, not with a reverential fear, but with a fear of the wrath of god, that they go so far as to sacrifice their children to him.  They credit him with all the evil  and sickness and badness that comes their way.  This is their concept of God.  Due to this they have little value for life or love.  

Our concept of God helps us in determining where we put our values or what values we have in life.  We read in the Old Testament times that those who worshipped Molech (Lev. 18:21; Deut. 12:31) burned their children in the fire.  Why? Their concept of God was a heartless God and consequently they became heartless.  

Remember what Jesus said about visiting the sick, those in prison, feeding the poor etc.? (Matt. 25:34-40).  Jesus was teaching them a concept of what God is and what God stands for.

There are those who do not believe in the trinity.  Consequently they do not believe in Jesus Christ as the Divine Son of God.  He is only a son as we are sons of God.  They bring Him down to their own sinful level.  (Romans 3:23) For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;  (KJV)  

Some  believe God is in everything, in the  trees, in the buildings, in objects, in everything.  To them their concept of God is abstract.  Nothing is absolutely wrong or right.  Everything is conditional and depends on circumstances and situations.  Thus to them God (Jesus) isn’t the same yesterday, today and tomorrow (Hebrews 13:8).  They believe it is all a part of your mind.  This is also part of the New Age Movement.
They believe that you are actually your own God.  Oh it is better to do right than wrong but it is not sin.  Their concept does away with sin.
It actually leaves God out.  A lot of people that wouldn’t subscribe to this  doctrine or religion, practice it.  They leave God out.

Then there are those who look at God as a God that stands by with a big whip ready to lower the boom on all who do not do what He says.  They don’t see a loving Father but a dogmatic tyrant.  A big bully.  

But here is what the Bible says:  
(Ezekiel 33:11) Say unto them, As I live, saith the Lord GOD, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked….  (KJV)
(2 Peter 3:9) The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.  (KJV)
It tells me that He loved me so much that He gave his only begotten Son to die in my place to be the sacrifice for my sin (John 3:16).  This doesn’t sound like a tyrant to me, but like a God of love and compassion.
Whatever you think of God, your concept of God , determines a lot about your direction in life.  Jesus is our perfect example and we are to follow in His steps.

II.  NOTICE A FEW EXAMPLES OF THE CONCEPT THAT SOME MEN OF THE BIBLE HAD OF GOD.

1.  JOSHUA & CALEB.  We remember how the twelve spies were sent to spy out the land of Canaan (Numbers 13).  They came back with a good report of the land but a bleak report of taking the land.  But Joshua and Caleb  said, (Numbers 14:8-9) If the LORD delight in us, then he will bring us into this land, and give it us; a land which floweth with milk and honey. Only rebel not ye against the LORD, neither fear ye the people of the land; for they are bread for us: their defence is departed from them, and the LORD is with us: fear them not.  (KJV)
There was no doubt in their minds of God’s ability.  They trusted God.  

Notice our text again:
(Ephesians 3:20) Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,  (KJV)
I believe that power was working in Joshua and Caleb.

Remember how they had to spend forty years in the wilderness?  A lot of sad things happened to them during that forty years.  Hebrews chapter three tells us that many perished in the wilderness because of unbelief.  Their concept of God was small.  The didn’t believe that He would or could deliver the land into their hands.  They were even ready to stone Caleb and Joshua because they said He would give them the land.

But time went on and all the adults perished in the wilderness, even Moses, and through Divine appointment Joshua took his place.  The first thing God told Joshua was to go in and possess the land.  He told him “Be strong and of good courage,” (Joshua 1:6).  

And Joshua did just what God said.  Through all the years of unbelief all around him yet he still had a right concept of God.  He believed in a God that was true to His promises.  Promises that never fail.  He never backs down on His Word.  He makes no mistakes. He never changes His Book.  

Canaan is a type of the sanctified life.  Not just coming out of Egypt but possessing the land God has for us.  It is His promise to every believer.  It is His will for us.  He is big enough to fulfill the promise to us.  Is there spiritual ground to be gained?  Yes!  Go for it!  Can you live closer to God?  Yes, you can by His help and strength.  Can you face the challenges you face each day and still be all that God desires you to be?  Yes, God will give you the strength and help as you believe and trust in Him.

2.  REMEMBER THE STORY OF THE THREE HEBREW BOYS IN THE FIERY FURNACE.
Remember what they said:

(Daniel 3:17-18) If it be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and he will deliver us out of thine hand, O king. But if not, be it known unto thee, O king, that we will not serve thy gods, nor worship the golden image which thou hast set up.  (KJV)

There was no doubt in their minds.  They could see the fire, They could hear the roar of the heat, but they still believed that their God was bigger.  “God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace.”  They had their minds made up and they knew what God could do.  
Do you really know what God can do?  

(Jude 1:24) Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,  (KJV)

3.  WE CAN’T LEAVE DANIEL OUT OF THIS CONCEPT OF GOD FOR WE FIND THAT BECAUSE OF THE WAY DANIEL LIVED AND SERVED HIS GOD THAT EVEN THE OLD KING DARIUS HAD A CONCEPT OF THE GOD OF DANIEL.

(Daniel 6:16) Then the king commanded, and they brought Daniel, and cast him into the den of lions. Now the king spake and said unto Daniel, Thy God whom thou servest continually, he will deliver thee.  (KJV)
And as we read the rest of the story we know that it was so.  
The king couldn’t sleep.  He arose very early in the morning and went to the lion’s den.  He didn’t peek in expecting to see the worst but the Bible says:

(Daniel 6:20-22) And when he came to the den, he cried with a lamentable voice unto Daniel: and the king spake and said to Daniel, O Daniel, servant of the living God, is thy God, whom thou servest continually, able to deliver thee from the lions? Then said Daniel unto the king, O king, live for ever. My God hath sent his angel, and hath shut the lions' mouths, that they have not hurt me: forasmuch as before him innocency was found in me; and also before thee, O king, have I done no hurt.  (KJV)

Daniel or the king wasn’t disappointed in what God could do.  God can still work the same in our day.

III.  LOOK AT WHAT THE CONCEPT OF GOD IN  THE NEW TESTAMENT IS.

1.  (Romans 4:21) AND BEING FULLY PERSUADED THAT, WHAT HE HAD PROMISED, HE WAS ABLE ALSO TO PERFORM.  (KJV)

The scripture here is talking about Abraham.  Abraham was full persuaded that God was able to keep His promises.
For a right concept of God you and I are going to have to be full persuaded in our minds that Go dis the God of all power and wisdom and love and that He uses His power and wisdom for our good and His glory.

He led Abraham right, and He wants us to follow and be led right.  He is interested in our happiness and our security.  
(Jude 1:24) Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,  (KJV)

Song goes like this:
“He’ll take you through, however you’re tried;
His tender care is never denied;
Then always trust His promise so true,
He’ll take you through, He’ll take you through.”

2.  (2 Corinthians 9:8) AND GOD IS ABLE TO MAKE ALL GRACE ABOUND TOWARD YOU; THAT YE, ALWAYS HAVING ALL SUFFICIENCY IN ALL THINGS, MAY ABOUND TO EVERY GOOD WORK:  (KJV)

Now that is a lot,  All sufficiency in all things.”  
I don’t know what all that takes in but I know His grace is sufficient.  He knows our needs.  He knows our weakness.  He knows just where we are apt to break down.  But He has grace for all our need.  He is sufficient grace for us and He gives us all the grace we need as we come to Him and trust Him to meet our need in the day we live in.
My concept of God is that he is able no matter what my need is.

3.  (2 Timothy 1:12) FOR THE WHICH CAUSE I ALSO SUFFER THESE THINGS: NEVERTHELESS I AM NOT ASHAMED: FOR I KNOW WHOM I HAVE BELIEVED, AND AM PERSUADED THAT HE IS ABLE TO KEEP THAT WHICH I HAVE COMMITTED UNTO HIM AGAINST THAT DAY.  (KJV)

I believe that as I confessed my sins to God and He forgave me, He  has put then all my under the blood and that when I come before the judgment throne of God that they will never be remembered against me.  
“He is able to keep that which I have committed unto Him.”
That is what Paul is talking about here.
He persecuted the Church, and stood by urging them on when they stoned Stephen.  But God opened his eyes  and forgave his sins and made him a preacher and an apostle and a teacher of the Gentiles.  Paul had a high concept of God because he had changed Paul.  Paul never expected to be reminded by God of what he was before, because God was able to keep that which he had committed against the judgment day.  It was all under the blood.

4.  (Hebrews 2:18) FOR IN THAT HE HIMSELF HATH SUFFERED BEING TEMPTED, HE IS ABLE TO SUCCOUR THEM THAT ARE TEMPTED.  (KJV)

He has feelings for you.  He doesn’t just see what you go through, but He feels what you go through.  He went before you.  
(Hebrews 4:15) For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.  (KJV)

That word “succor” means help but it also has with it the meaning of feelings.  He helps us and sorrows with us and suffers with us.  He hurts when we hurt whether in the physical or in our spirits.  He is a God of compassion.

5.  (Hebrews 7:25) WHEREFORE HE IS ABLE ALSO TO SAVE THEM TO THE UTTERMOST THAT COME UNTO GOD BY HIM, SEEING HE EVER LIVETH TO MAKE INTERCESSION FOR THEM.  (KJV)  

He is able:
1.  To save.
2. To save to the uttermost of any circumstances.  All depths of sin and unbelief.
3.  To save all that come to God by Jesus Christ.  There is no other name under heaven whereby we must be saved (Acts 4:12).
4.  He lives to intercede for us.
This is my concept of God in salvation for me.

IV.  WHAT DO YOU LET HIM DO FOR YOU?

According to the power that worketh in you, He is able to keep you from falling.
We don’t have to fall.
He is able to present you faultless before the presence of His glory.
What is heaven like?  It is glorious because of His glory.

But my God is the High and lofty one.  He reigns on high.  
“He loves me, He loves me, He loves me, this I know, He gave Himself to die for me because He loved me so.”
God is a God that cares and wants the best for you and me.  As you yield your life to His will in obedience and service it will make you what you ought to be.  If you will live for Him you will be living the best life you could possibly live.
What is your concept of God today?
Rohn
Rohn

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum