» Patrice's Patch Garden Journal
The Person Whom God Calls A Fool EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 8:47 am by PATRICE IN IL

» lambs and ewes
The Person Whom God Calls A Fool EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 11:46 pm by Farmfresh

» Irish Cuisine Class/Demonstration Recipes
The Person Whom God Calls A Fool EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 6:13 am by PATRICE IN IL

» Prayer request for my dh's aunt
The Person Whom God Calls A Fool EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 8:55 pm by PATRICE IN IL

» How has your day been and what's for dinner...................
The Person Whom God Calls A Fool EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 5:43 am by PATRICE IN IL

Keywords

Sloppy  Seasoning  Taco  

Affiliates
free forum

Top posting users this week

The Person Whom God Calls A Fool

Go down

The Person Whom God Calls A Fool Empty The Person Whom God Calls A Fool

Post by Rohn on Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:13 pm

THE PERSON WHOM GOD CALLS A FOOL

Luke 12:20

(Luke 12:20) But God said unto him, Thou fool, this night thy soul shall be required of thee: then whose shall those things be, which thou hast provided?  (KJV)

There are some people who are fools in the sight of an all-wise God.
The word fool means idiot or ignorant one. There are many people who consider themselves highly intelligent; but when they are examined in the, light of God's precious Book, they are pronounced fools. God says they are fools.
Now, who is the person whom God calls a fool?

I. HE WHO SAYS THERE IS NO GOD.
(Psalms 14:1) The fool hath said in his heart. There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good. (KJV)

1. THIS PERSON CLASSIFIES HIMSELF AN ATHEIST.
He teaches science form the viewpoint of evolution.
"Wisdom" may best describe our present scientific and cultural plateau, yet spiritually we are foolish indeed. Many men, seen as wise in the eyes of the world, are fools in the eyes of our God..
The atheist who audaciously affirms, "I know there is no God," is elevated upon the pedestal of intellectualism and wisdom by the world of pseudo-science, yet God calls him a fool (Ps. 14:1).  
Humanists, who deny the existence of sin, and contend that one's conduct should best be determined by the circumstances in which he finds himself, are applauded and lauded as the wise men of our age. God, in no uncertain terms, has said, "Fools make a mock at sin" (Prov. 14:9).

The world cries out, "Do what makes you feel good; do your own thing!" God has decreed, "He that trusteth in his own heart is a fool" (Provo28:26)..
The rich farmer in the twelfth chapter of Luke, who found comfort in his accumulation of worldly goods, would be seen by many among us today as a wise man indeed.  God called him a fool (Luke 12:20).

How does God see you, my friend? Our nation seems to be floating with the tide of moral and spiritual corruption.
Are you drifting with the tide, or are you willing to stem the tide? I would rather be a fool in the eyes of a foolish world, than a fool in the eyes of my all-wise Creator.

2. THE WORD OF GOD MAKES NO EFFORT TO PROVE THE EXISTENCE OF GOD.
(Genesis 1:1) In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. (KJV)

3. THE WORD OF GOD MAKES IT CLEAR THAT GOD CREATED ALL THINGS.
(John 1:1-3) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. (KJV)

His creation bears witness to His being.
(Psalms 19:1)  The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork. (KJV)
A minister 'who faithfully proclaimed the Gospel inan open-air meeting was challenged at the close by an unbeliever who stepped from the crowd and said, "1 don't believe in heaven or hell. I don't believe in God or Christ. I haven't seen them." Then a man wearing dark glasses came forward and said, ''You say there is a river near this place? There is no such thing. You say there are people standing here, but it cannot be true. I haven't seen them. I was born blind. Only a blind man could say what I have said. And only a spiritually blind man could say what you have said. The Bible says of you, 'The natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned' (1 Cor. 2:14). Doesn't the Word of God say, 'The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God'?" (Ps. 14:1)

II. HE WHO MOCKS SIN.
(Proverbs 14:9) Fools make a mock at sin: but among the righteous there is favour. (KJV)
1. The word mock means to sneer or scoff; to make light of.

2. Many people make light of:
(1) God's day and God's house.
(Hebrews 10:24-25) And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works: Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the
manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching. (KJV)

Quite often, when people are encouraged to put aside whatever is preventing them from attending services regularly, they will say: "Well, I really should be there, but I think God understands!"
God has gone on record in Hebrews 10:25 as saying, "Not forsaking the assembling .... " He does not understand why some of His people willfully hold to habits of forsaking the assembly! God does understand that we need to meet to praise Him and study His Word. God understands that others need the encouragement of our presence, we are a family that He put together. He does understand group fellowship, the power of people meeting together for mutual strengthening.
But do we understand 'those things? Many times we do not--and that is why so many allow Satan to bring one little excuse after another into their lives until they are separated from our God and His assembly.
Let us pray that God will help us to understand the need, the purpose and the power of attendance to Bible classes and worship services whenever the doors are open. And let us pray for the courage to do our part in making the gathering of the saints a time of love, praise, and spiritual growth! It is a matter of spiritual life and death, really, not only for us, but also for others whom we are influencing. Think about it!

(2) Many make light God's truth.
(Romans 1:18) For. the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness; (KJV)

(Acts 17:30-33) And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent: Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead. And when they heard of the resurrection of the dead, some mocked: and others said, We will hear thee again of this matter. So Paul departed from among them.  (KJV)

(3) Many people make light of God's preachers.

Jesus Christ -
(Matthew 11:16-19) But whereunto shall I liken this generation? It is like unto children sitting in the markets, and calling unto their fellows, And saying, We have piped unto you, and ye have not danced; we have mourned unto you, and ye have not lamented. For John came neither eating nor drinking, and they say, He hath a devil. The Son of man came eating and drinking, and they say, Behold a man gluttonous, and a winebibber, a friend of publicans and sinners. But wisdom is justified of her children.  (KJV)

Paul-
(Acts 26:22-24) Having therefore obtained help of God, I continue unto this day, witnessing both to small and great, saying none other things than those which the prophets and Moses did say should come: That Christ should suffer, and that he should be the first that should rise from the dead, and should shew light unto the people, and to the Gentiles. And as he thus spake for himself, Festus said with a loud voice, Paul, thou art beside thyself; much learning doth make thee mad.  (KJV)

(3) This is according to prophecy.

(2 Peter 3:1-4) This second epistle, beloved, I now write unto you; in, both which I stir up your pure minds by way of remembrance: That ye may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us the apostles of the Lord and Saviour: Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation. (KJV)

III. HE WHO DESPISES WISDOM.
((Proverbs 1:7) The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.  (KJV)

1. Wisdom means to have the ability to judge soundly; to use knowledge aright.
(James 1:5) If any of you lack wisdom;.let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. (KJV)

2. To despise means to look down on with disfavor or contempt.

3. This eliminates the idea that God places a
premium on His Word.
(2 Timothy -2:15) Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed,
rightly dividing the word of truth. (KJV)
What we experience today, hear today, and read today will help us and become the tools of our mind, or the way we think tomorrow. Because of this process we can see the importance of teaching a child the Word of God and right thinking while they are young.
Proverbs 22:6 says:-"Train up a child in the way he should go; and when he is old, he will not depart from it."

"Read the Good Book. We get out what we put in!"

A Christian is a person that does not have a sin nature and also puts into himself what is needed to make the right decisions.
"Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of God" (2 Tim. 2: 15).--J. F. Carter

4. There are those who think that whatever they decide is right.
(Proverbs 12:15) The way of a fool is right in his own eyes: but he that hearkeneth unto counsel is wise.  (KJV)

IV. HE WHO NEGLECTS HIS SOUL.
(Luke 12:16-21) And he spake a parable unto them, saying, The ground of a certain rich man brought forth plentifully: And he thought within himself, saying, What shall I do, because I have no room where to bestow my fruits? And he said, This will I do: I will pull down my barns, and build greater; and there will I bestow all my fruits and my goods. And I will say to my soul, Soul, thou hast much goods laid up for many years; take thine ease, eat, drink, and be merry. But God said unto him, Thou fool, this night thy soul shall be required of thee: then whose shall those things be, which thou hast provided? So is he that layeth up treasure for himself, and is not rich toward God.  (KJV)

Some time ago a New York millionaire sat by his window, knowing that the hour of his death was drawing near, and, seeing a street-sweeper at work below, said; "I would give every penny of my fortune if I could change places with that man--if I could have my health back again. I have worked hard during my life and have saved every dollar that I could. And now it is hard to think that I have got to die and leave it all behind." Evidently this man was in the same condition as that rich farmer whom Jesus tells us about, who meant to store up his goods to feed his soul on, and whom God declared to be a fool (see Luke 12:16-21). If this man had made wise and loving use of his money to bless the world during his lifetime, he would not have had this lament at his death, "How hard it is to think I have to die and leave it all behind."

1.  TO NEGLECT THE SOUL IS PUTTING SELF-WILL BEFORE GOD’S WILL.
(Luke 12:17) And he thought within himself, saying, What shall I do, because I have no room where to bestow my fruits?  (KJV)

2.  TO NEGLECT THE SOUL IS PUTTING MATERIAL WEALTH ABOVE SPIRITUAL PROSPERITY. (Luke 12:19-21)

3. TO NEGLECT THE SOUL IS LEAVING CHRIST OUT OF YOUR LIFE.
((Luke 12:29-32) And seek not ye what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink, neither be ye of doubtful mind. For all these things do the nations of the world seek after: and your Father knoweth that ye have need of these things. But rather seek ye the kingdom of God; and all these things shall be added unto you. Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom.  (KJV)

It is better to be poor here and rich hereafter, than to be rich here and lost forever.
Rohn
Rohn

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum