» Patrice's Patch Garden Journal
Attitudes (sermon by Rohn) EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 8:47 am by PATRICE IN IL

» lambs and ewes
Attitudes (sermon by Rohn) EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 11:46 pm by Farmfresh

» Irish Cuisine Class/Demonstration Recipes
Attitudes (sermon by Rohn) EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 6:13 am by PATRICE IN IL

» Prayer request for my dh's aunt
Attitudes (sermon by Rohn) EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 8:55 pm by PATRICE IN IL

» How has your day been and what's for dinner...................
Attitudes (sermon by Rohn) EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 5:43 am by PATRICE IN IL

Keywords

Taco  Sloppy  Seasoning  

Affiliates
free forum

Top posting users this week

Attitudes (sermon by Rohn)

Go down

Attitudes (sermon by Rohn) Empty Attitudes (sermon by Rohn)

Post by Sonshine on Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:00 pm

Rohn has agreed to post messages in here for us, however, he was not able to post this weeks message, so he emailed it to me to post for us.  I know it will bless you.

ATTITUDES

Numbers 12:1-16 (Philemon 9-22)

Text: Hebrews 10:24

(Hebrews 10:24) And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works: (KJV)

In the window of a small store in Gettysburg, PA, was a sign with these words, "If you can't stop in, smile as you go by." It takes 73 muscles to frown--14 to smile. No wonder the grouchy people are always tired. It has been said if you laugh every day it is equal to 10 minutes of exercise.

We all have some kind of attitude, but what we are and what we do make a difference because of the attitudes we have. Some attitudes are good and some are bad. We have all heard someone say, ”They have a bad attitude.”

Our attitude shows not only in our actions but also in the things we say and how we say them.

(Hebrews 10:24) And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works: (KJV)

Our attitudes affect others as well as ourselves. But sometimes it affects us more than it effects anyone else. It makes us feel isolated. It makes us feel like no one cares. It makes us feel like no one wants us, like we make no difference.

Another thing attitudes do is make us think about ourselves in relation to our usefulness in regards to others.

Every one of us is useful to someone and are needed by someone. But we can’t do or be what we should be with a negative attitude.

I. Good Attitudes.

1. An attitude of consideration for others.

In the scriptures we see examples of consideration for others.

Moses prayed for Marian and asked the Lord to heal her despite what she was guilty of doing against him.

(Numbers 12:13) And Moses cried unto the LORD, saying, Heal her now, O God, I beseech thee. (KJV)

You can almost feel the urgency of his prayer. His prayer came from a heart full of care. His attitude was one of compassion.

In the book of Philemon you can almost feel Paul’s feelings for Onesimus, and also his confidence and love for Philemon.

He was begging for leniency for Onesimus and for Philemon to show compassion and Christian love for him.

2. An attitude of kindness.

(Ephesians 4:32) And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you. (KJV)

Do we have an attitude of kindness? Is not only what we do right but is it kind?

There is no doubt that Moses had been used in a wrong way. Yet he had an attitude of kindness as he prayed for his sister even though she had mistreated him.

3. Attitudes of Self-respect, and self-accomplishment, and self-love.

There is nothing wrong with thinking something good about yourself, if you don’t think more of yourself than you ought.

God made you for a purpose. You have a place to fulfill in this world. You will never fill it by having an attitude that you can’t do anything. Or by having a defeated attitude. We ought not to have an inferior attitude. No one is inferior if they don’t make themselves that way by their attitude.

(Philippians 4:13) I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. (KJV)

You too can accomplish something for yourself, the world and the Lord if you have the right attitude.

We can’t have an attitude of independence because we are not independent of each other or of God.

An attitude of self-respect will help us to conduct ourselves and take care of ourselves and will in itself demand respect of others. Respect earned is valued far more than respect demanded.

An attitude of self-respect will make you do your best at whatever you do.

Jesus said to “love you neighbors as yourself.”

If that means anything it means to treat yourself the best you can. Love here means self-respect and appreciating what ability and intellect God has given us.

A right attitude toward myself will make me a better person.

4. An Attitude of Trusting God.

Abraham had an attitude of trusting God and went to a far country that he knew nothing about just because God told him to.

The three Hebrew boys in the fiery furnace. Instead of caving into the kings command they trusted God with the results and refused to bow down to the image. God saved them. (Dan. 3)

Daniel continued to pray and was thrown into the lion’s den, but God sent an angel to deliver him. (Dan. 6)

David took his stand against Goliath and God gave him the victory. (I Samuel 17)

David found king Saul sleeping in a cave but spared his life because he did not want to be responsible for harming God’s anointed. (I Samuel 24:6)

II. Bad Attitudes.

1. A Judgmental Attitude Toward Others.

God is our Judge. Sometimes we have to leave things in His hands.

(Matthew 7:1) Judge not, that ye be not judged. (KJV)

There are a lot of scriptures that tell us about judging another person, all of them forbid it. Sometimes attitudes are judgmental.

2. An Attitude of a Get Even Spirit.

“I don’t get mad I just get even.” Sometimes this is done underhanded, but the attitude is still there.

3. An Attitude of Prejudice.

It can be about a lot of things or circumstances. Miriam and Aaron had this attitude toward Moses. Their attitude wasn’t just about his wife, it was about his revelation and hearing from God. He held a more prominent place than they did.

4. An Attitude of Complacency.

What’s the difference? We’re getting by. That is one thing that is wrong with the church world in general. So what? It doesn’t bother me. I’m satisfied with the way things are, they don’t bother me this way.

When Paul said he had learned to be content in whatever state he found himself, he didn’t mean he was complacent. He meant he wouldn’t complain about what God had given or not given him.

We are reminded that he also said-

(Philippians 3:12-14) Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus. Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. (KJV)

No complacency here.

5. Inferior - Superior.

One is as bad as the other.

III. Our Attitudes Effects On Others.

It isn’t always what you say or do, but it is how you say or do it.

1. Have you ever had someone use you in a way that you just know they would be glad if you weren’t there?

They actually didn’t say anything wrong, but you could feel their attitude. I’ve seen the atmosphere so thick you could almost cut it with a knife. Nothing was said outward, but sometimes attitudes speak louder than words. Our attitude can hurt people way down deep. It can stop people from asking for out help.

We can tell when a person is sincere and when love and compassion is present in an attitude.

2. We know What Kind of an Attitude We Have.

We nurture our attitudes and because of God’s faithfulness we have a clear conscious or a guilty conscience about our attitude.

Paul talked about having a good conscience void of offense.

Our attitudes bother us when they aren’t what they should be. We should be glad for this, but sometimes we aren’t because we don’t want to change - we want to put the blame on someone else.

IV. What Kind of Attitude Do You Have Toward God and Spiritual Things?

Our attitude helps seal our destiny. By our attitudes we can shut God out or our lives.

By the same token we can invite His presence into our lives by our attitudes.

We should have attitudes of prayer, worship, and just the desire to be in His constant presence.

We can keep God from talking to us by our attitude or we can have a real sense of His presence and direction in our lives because of our attitude.

We can expect and have revival in our own soul because of our attitude or we can stop revival in our soul because of our attitude.

Salvation can be real or just a routine because of our attitude.

We can depend on God and be assured of his help every day by our attitude or we can flounder around on our own because of our attitude.

What kind of an attitude do you have?

Is it a warm, forgiving, loving attitude or is it the opposite?

Is it an attitude that depends on God or is it dependent on yourself?

Are you satisfied with your attitude? The way you feel now? About people; about things; about God; about yourself?

Attitudes have to be taken care of before God as well as our actions.

With the right attitude we can have a conscious void of offense.

(John 8:32) And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. (KJV)

Proverbs 28:19[b]
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

https://christianhomesteader.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Attitudes (sermon by Rohn) Empty Re: Attitudes (sermon by Rohn)

Post by 12acrehome on Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:09 pm

Excellent as always.  I wish I could post this at work, some among us could use a reminder.  Wink

Proverbs 28:19  He who works his land will have abundant food...

Genesis 1:29  Then God said,"I give you every seed bearing plant on the face of the whole earth, and every tree that has fruit with seed in it..."

http://christiancountryramblings.com/
12acrehome
12acrehome
Admin

https://www.facebook.com/keith.skaggs.9

Back to top Go down

Post by Rohn on Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:24 am

Thanks for posting this for me Sonshine.
Thanks for the nice comment Keith.
Rohn
Rohn

Back to top Go down

Post by 12acrehome on Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:55 am

You are welcome, Rohn.  Thank you for sharing a regular message with us. 

My comment was simply stating an observation about the diverse beliefs and attitudes found in a large factory.  There is a large union workforce here, which if you are an hourly employee you must be a part of.  (For now, I may post more on this later.)  Far too many are openly hostile towards those "on the other side of the fence". Some hourly persons spend the bulk of their time trying to get out of doing a job, and also trying to make life at work difficult for not only salaried personel but also other hourly persons.  These are the ones most likely to express great discontent with their jobs, use inappropriate and foul language both in casual conversations, as well as "business" settings.  On the salaried side I can see how sometimes the frustration gets to be too much, and an inappropriate comment slips out.  I also see how those of us who care about doing a good job, and prefer to work as a team with our crew leaders and technical advisors are treated differently.  We few are the ones that salaried employees seek out for pet projects, and special job assignments that must be done on time and within budget.  We are the ones that they sit with, visit with over coffee, and are facebook friends with.    

The other day I received a card marking my annivesary milestone with the company.  There are over 5,000 people here, and yet the message inside the card was hand written by the man who is over 1/2 of all plant operations. 

Call it what you will but when a Christian glorifies God with all of his works, they are recognized for it.

Proverbs 28:19  He who works his land will have abundant food...

Genesis 1:29  Then God said,"I give you every seed bearing plant on the face of the whole earth, and every tree that has fruit with seed in it..."

http://christiancountryramblings.com/
12acrehome
12acrehome
Admin

https://www.facebook.com/keith.skaggs.9

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum