» Patrice's Patch Garden Journal
Redeemed - Hebrews 9:12 EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 8:47 am by PATRICE IN IL

» lambs and ewes
Redeemed - Hebrews 9:12 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 11:46 pm by Farmfresh

» Irish Cuisine Class/Demonstration Recipes
Redeemed - Hebrews 9:12 EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 6:13 am by PATRICE IN IL

» Prayer request for my dh's aunt
Redeemed - Hebrews 9:12 EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 8:55 pm by PATRICE IN IL

» How has your day been and what's for dinner...................
Redeemed - Hebrews 9:12 EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 5:43 am by PATRICE IN IL

Keywords

Seasoning  Sloppy  Taco  

Affiliates
free forum

Top posting users this week

Redeemed - Hebrews 9:12

Go down

Redeemed - Hebrews 9:12 Empty Redeemed - Hebrews 9:12

Post by Rohn on Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:06 am

REDEMPTION
Hebrews 9:12

(Hebrews 9:12) Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us. (KJV)

Language has been called the amber in which a thousand precious subtle thoughts have been safely embedded and preserved. This is particularly true with regard to the word "Redemption."
Redemption means a buying back, or a changed state or condition of freedom from bondage as a result of the act of sacrifice.
The Cross of our Lord Jesus Christ is, in a sense, a great mystery, or better, there is a mysterious side to it. Attempts have been made in various ways, to explain it and make something of its wonderfulness, and one of the clearest is to think of it as a Redemption.
View sin as slavery; sinners as bondmen to sin and Satan, Christ's Blood as the Ransom Price, paid to the holy demands of God for the sinner; the Christian as one freed from just condemnation, restored to liberty and much more, and you will begin to understand something of its length and breadth, its height and depth.
Only we must never forget that purchase implies new ownership. The redeemed must now serve as loving and devoted slaves to the One who has now redeemed them. It has been well said that "The conception of God as Creator is the foundation of the Christian revelation, the conception of God as Redeemer is the soul and substance of it."

I. THE AUTHOR OF REDEMPTION.
REDEMPTION IS BY GOD.
The utter hopelessness of man ever redeeming himself or others is shown by the psalmist:
(Psalms 49:6-8] They that trust in their wealth, and boast themselves in the multitude of their riches; None of them can by any means redeem his brother, nor give to God a ransom for him: (For the redemption of their soul is precious, and it ceaseth for ever:) (KJV)
Why? The price of redemption is far too costly for any to pay. But observe:
(Psalms 49:15) But God will redeem my soul from the power of the grave: for he shall receive me. Selah. (KJV)
The Psalmist exclaims in triumph, “But God will redeem." He is our only hope.
If you had a terrible disease and there was one doctor who had the cure you would do all you could to go see him so that you could be cured and not die. But how many people have the dreaded disease of sin, which in the end will bring eternal death, yet they reject the only one who can heal their soul and give them eternal life.

II. THE CHANNEL OF REDEMPTION.
REDEMPTION IS THROUGH CHRIST.
Has this verse ever gripped you?
(Ephesians 1:7) In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace; (KJV)
There is no redemption apart from the Lord Jesus Christ. Jesus said:
(John 14:6) Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. (KJV)
One warm summer afternoon, a bird flew through the open door into a chapel, where service was being conducted. Full of fear it flew backward and forward near the ceiling and against the windows, vainly seeking a way out into the sunshine. In one of the pews sat a lady, who observed the bird, while thinking how foolish it was, not to fly out through the open door into liberty. At last the bird's strength being gone, it rested a moment on one of the rafters. Then seeing the open door, it flew out into the sunshine, venting its joy in a song.
Then the lady who had been watching the little bird thought to herself: "Am I not acting as foolish as I thought the bird was? How long have I been struggling under the burden of my sin in the vain endeavor to get free and all the while the door of God's grace has been wide open?" Then and there the decision was formed to enter in.
"I am the Way," says Jesus, "no man cometh unto the Father, but by me" (John 14:6).
(Galatians 4:4-5) But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law, To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons. (KJV)

III. THE PRICE OF REDEMPTION.
REDEMPTION IS BY BLOOD.
That the Blood of Christ is the price of redemption is clearly taught in God’s Word.
(Ephesians 1:7) In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace; (KJV)
(Colossians 1:14) In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins: (KJV)
(1 Peter 1:18-19) Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers; But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot: (KJV)
"Redeemed with the precious blood of Christ."

IV. WHERE IS THIS REDEMPTION?
REDEMPTION IS IN CHRIST.
(Romans 3:23-24) For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: (KJV)
(Colossians 1:14) In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins: (KJV)
Redemption is in Him and only there can it be secured. When I receive Him I receive Redemption.

V. THE SECURITY OF REDEMPTION.
REDEMPTION INCLUDES THE HOLY SPIRIT.
(Ephesians 4:30) And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption. (KJV)
By the Holy Spirit we are "sealed unto the day of redemption," and the same Holy Spirit is the one who helps us and keeps us. In ancient times when land was purchased, instead of 10% of the agreed amount of money deposited as legal bond, the vender would stoop down, and taking a handful of the earth bought, hand it to the purchaser. In giving the Holy Spirit to us we receive the pledge of our full redemption. Double security.
While we have Him to lead and guide and help us we must to careful not to offend or grieve Him. To grieve the Holy Spirit is to shun Him and turn Him from us.
(Isaiah 63:10) But they rebelled, and vexed his holy Spirit: therefore he was turned to be their enemy, and he fought against them. (KJV)
(Psalms 78:40) How oft did they provoke him in the wilderness, and grieve him in the desert! (KJV)
We need to listen carefully when the Holy Spirit speaks to us and obey and allow ourselves to be led by Him.

VI. THE OPERATION OF REDEMPTION.
REDEMPTION IS BY POWER.
(Exodus 6:6) Wherefore say unto the children of Israel, I am the LORD, and I will bring you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians, and I will rid you out of their bondage, and I will redeem you with a stretched out arm, and with great judgments: (KJV)
(Exodus 13:14) ….By strength of hand the LORD brought us out from Egypt, from the house of bondage: (KJV)
The power of the Spirit, the executive of God in this dispensation, sets the captive free on the ground of the Blood of Christ.
(Romans 8:2) For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death. (KJV)

VII. THE SCOPE OF REDEMPTION.
REDEMPTION IS FOR ALL.
(John 3:16) For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. (KJV)
(1 Timothy 2:6) Who gave himself a ransom for all, ….. (KJV)
This clearly Shows that there can be no redemption apart from the Lord Jesus, for "He gave Himself a ransom," and that redemption is "for all." It is available for all, yet only enjoyed by those who receive Him as their Saviour.

VIII. THE AMAZING BREADTH OF REDEMPTION.
REDEMPTION IS ALL-ENCOMPASSING.
See what a wide sweep redemption has, and note its blessings. What are we redeemed from?

1. WE ARE FREE FROM THE CURSE OF THE LAW.
(Galatians 3:13) Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree: (KJV)
Note how the Old Testament ends with a curse –
(Malachi 4:6) And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse. (KJV)
But note how the New Testament ends with a blessing –
(Revelation 22:21) The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen. (KJV)

2. WE ARE FREE FROM ALL INIQUITY.
(Psalms 130:8] And he shall redeem Israel from all his iniquities. (KJV)
This is not only a promise for Israel but also for today.
(Titus 2:14) Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works. (KJV)

3. WE ARE FREE FROM ALL EVIL.
(Genesis 48:16) The Angel which redeemed me from all evil, …. (KJV)
(Psalms 121:7) The LORD shall preserve thee from all evil: he shall preserve thy soul. (KJV)

4. WE ARE FREE FROM DESTRUCTION.
(Psalms 103:4) Who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies; (KJV)

5. WE ARE FREE FROM DEATH.
(Hosea 13:14) I will ransom them from the power of the grave; I will redeem them from death: O death, I will be thy plagues; O grave, I will be thy destruction: repentance shall be hid from mine eyes. (KJV)
(1 Corinthians 15:54-57) So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory. O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory? The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law. But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. (KJV)

6. WE ARE FREE FROM DECEIT.
(Psalms 72:14) He shall redeem their soul from deceit ….. (KJV)

7. WE ARE FREE FROM ALL TROUBLES.
(Psalms 25:22) Redeem Israel, O God, out of all his troubles. (KJV)
While we will have troubles here on this earth there is coming a time when God will save us from all of our troubles. Even in this life if we are following the Lord and living for Him our troubles will be much less than if we were living a life of sin. Sin brings troubles in one’s life like nothing else does.

8. LONELINESS. AS ILLUSTRATED IN THE BOOK OF RUTH.
In these Scriptures we see what we are redeemed from; now note what we are redeemed to:

1. THE FIRST CONSCIOUS BLESSING IS THE FORGIVENESS OF SINS.
2. THE NEXT CONSCIOUS BLESSING IS FREEDOM FROM SIN'S POWER AS WELL AS ITS GUILT.
(Isaiah 61:1) The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound; (KJV)
(Luke 4:18) The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, (KJV)
It is a wonderful experience to be have our sins washed away and to be set free from the power of sin. Only God can do this for an individual as the come to Him and repent of their sins and begin to walk with the Lord.

IX. THE ENRICHMENT OF REDEMPTION.
REDEMPTION IS BY UNION.
This is taught in the book of Ruth. (Ruth 4:4-11). To redeem the possessions of Ruth meant the Union of Boaz and Ruth in marriage, meaning good-bye to loneliness and poverty. For she then shared the companionship of her husband.

X. THE PERIOD OF REDEMPTION.
REDEMPTION IS FOR ETERNITY.
(Hebrews 9:12) Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us. (KJV)
This clearly shows that He secured an eternal redemption for us
Thus the fact of redemption with its privilege and blessings, extends beyond time, right through eternity.

We will close with a song by Fanny Crosby:

“Redeemed, how I love to proclaim it!
Redeemed by the blood of the Lamb;
Redeemed through His infinite mercy,
His child and forever I am.”

Rohn
Rohn

Back to top Go down

Redeemed - Hebrews 9:12 Empty Re: Redeemed - Hebrews 9:12

Post by Sonshine on Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:38 am

Rohn, first of all, I want to thank you for answering my call to post sermons for us. I love this message. The fact that sin is a sickness of a soul is so true. How many times have we seen people who are sick, yet refuse to see a doctor? I know my Dad is one who will wait till he can't wait anymore. Many people will die from cancer that could have been helped if it had been caught sooner, yet they shrug off their symptoms until the cancer has spread so far that nothing can be done. It's the same way with sin, people shrug it off until it consumes every aspect of their lives.

The bird in the chapel and the lady who thought it was foolish is also something I have seen many times. People think that serving a God you can't see is foolishness, yet it is the fool that says there is no God. That bird kept trying to reach freedom. As mankind we try so many ways to get that freedom not realizing that all we have to do is submit to our Lord.

What an awesome message. Thank you.

Proverbs 28:19[b]
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

https://christianhomesteader.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Rohn on Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:55 am

Thanks Sonshine. If you or anyone else receive any blessing or any good from these messages give God all the praise. Without His help my efforts would be a complete failure.
Rohn
Rohn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine on Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:24 am

Rohn, that may be true, but God uses willing servants to get his messages to us, so thank you for your service. Smile

Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mountainmama on Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:56 am

Amen. I am so glad to see you have the integrity to say Jesus is the only way to heaven. So many people don't want to state that for fear of not being "politically correct" and maybe offending someone.

mountainmama

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzy on Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:54 pm

I was watching an old TV show the other day, Highway to Heaven. I'll admit that it got me upset because they had a "minister" state that he believed if a person was good, God would let them into heaven. Jesus stated that He is the only way to the Father, period. The Bible teaches that clearly. If people could get into heaven some other way, then Christ's death is in vain.

dizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Rohn on Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:16 pm

Thanks for the nice comments.
Rohn
Rohn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine on Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:01 am

dizzy, sadly too many people believe all it takes is being good to get into heaven and too many are teaching that. Of course, we know that satan will lie to anyone who will listen and make them believe that's all it takes. Yet the Bible tells us that our own righteousness is as filthy rags.

Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzy on Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:10 am

That's so true. And, if they're counting on being good, then what do they measure it by? Other people? Just because you're not as bad as someone else doesn't mean you're good enough.

And, what's counted as good in some cultures, is not in others, so who is going to be the judge?

Best Judge I've found is God, Himself. He's the only completely fair Judge. And, He gives everyone opportunity to come to Him.

dizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by 12acrehome on Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:44 pm

I agree to a point, but I believe that simply being good is not the way to heaven. You or anyone else must accept Jesus as your Lord and savior. Once that happens, truly happens, a persons heart and mind will change to follow His teachings. There by the person who has Christ as their Lord will be judged good.

Proverbs 28:19  He who works his land will have abundant food...

Genesis 1:29  Then God said,"I give you every seed bearing plant on the face of the whole earth, and every tree that has fruit with seed in it..."

http://christiancountryramblings.com/
12acrehome
12acrehome
Admin

https://www.facebook.com/keith.skaggs.9

Back to top Go down

Post by carla on Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:47 pm

Amen 12acrehome.

carla

Back to top Go down

Post by Harvey_Birdman on Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:50 pm

This reminds me of a sermon I preached a while back.

There have only been 2 sacrifices that changed to world, and both were done by God. The first was when God gave Adam and Eve skins for clothes after they chose to sin. The second was when Jesus gave his life on the cross.

I enjoyed the Rohn, like I always tell my church. We must "study to show ourselves approved" That way when we need scripture the Spirit will bring it to our thoughts. You showed a good understanding of scripture, and that is something to be proud of. To me that is the best complement a Preacher can get. I never feel right when someone says I did a good job preaching, so I will not say that to you. I can just say you show a good understanding of scripture.

I agree that there are to many preachers that never mention the blood. The blood of Christ is the ONLY way to Heaven. And I have no use for a "politicaly correct" preacher. Seperation of Church and State was intended to protect the Church NOT the State.
Harvey_Birdman
Harvey_Birdman

http://homesteadingpreacherman.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Harvey_Birdman on Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:53 pm

Sonshine wrote:Rohn, first of all, I want to thank you for answering my call to post sermons for us.

Sonshine, I have been recording audio of some of my sermons. As soon as I have some edited (to remove background noise, and static, not content) I will post them.
Harvey_Birdman
Harvey_Birdman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine on Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:52 pm

Chad that would be great. Maybe between you and Rohn we can get this section busy. After all, this is "Christian" Homesteaders. What sets us apart from other homestead forums is the fact that we have accepted the wonderful gift of salvation. Raising our own food is good and important, but what good does it do to feed our bodies when our spirits are not being fed? It's my hope that by studying the scriptures together that we will all grow. BTW, have you considered joining in the anything homemade swap going on in the craft section? So far we have 3 guys involved, I would love to have an even number so the guys will make something for another guy and the ladies will swap with another lady.

Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Harvey_Birdman on Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:01 am

Sonshine wrote:Chad that would be great. Maybe between you and Rohn we can get this section busy. After all, this is "Christian" Homesteaders. What sets us apart from other homestead forums is the fact that we have accepted the wonderful gift of salvation. Raising our own food is good and important, but what good does it do to feed our bodies when our spirits are not being fed? It's my hope that by studying the scriptures together that we will all grow. BTW, have you considered joining in the anything homemade swap going on in the craft section? So far we have 3 guys involved, I would love to have an even number so the guys will make something for another guy and the ladies will swap with another lady.

I am not very handy when it comes to making stuf. I don't feel anyone would ba happy with what I made. That is why I haven't signed up for the swap.
Harvey_Birdman
Harvey_Birdman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine on Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:59 pm

Chad everyone has some type of gifts and talents. I was involved in a swap on another forum and the lady knew we liked camping, so she made me a cookbook with recipes for the open fire. She just went through her own cookbooks and online to print them out and put them all in a folder. She also made a folder of games to play at campgrounds. I keep both of them in my camper at all times and they are great and well used. that's just one idea. Just a bit of imagination and getting to know your swap partner I think anyone could come up with something. The main thing is, you get a chance to have one on one time with another member and that's always a good thing. Smile It makes us all a closer knit family of believers.

Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum