» Patrice's Patch Garden Journal
Nothing happens by chance EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 8:47 am by PATRICE IN IL

» lambs and ewes
Nothing happens by chance EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 11:46 pm by Farmfresh

» Irish Cuisine Class/Demonstration Recipes
Nothing happens by chance EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 6:13 am by PATRICE IN IL

» Prayer request for my dh's aunt
Nothing happens by chance EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 8:55 pm by PATRICE IN IL

» How has your day been and what's for dinner...................
Nothing happens by chance EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 5:43 am by PATRICE IN IL

Keywords

Sloppy  Seasoning  Taco  

Affiliates
free forum

Top posting users this week

Nothing happens by chance

Go down

Nothing happens by chance Empty Nothing happens by chance

Post by dizzy on Wed May 22, 2013 6:26 pm

One of my favorite stories in the Bible is the story of Ruth. And, one part of Ruth that sticks out in my mind is when she just "happened" to come into a field belonging to Boaz. We know that that "chance" meeting led to them getting married, and becoming part of the genealogy not only of Kind David, but of Jesus.

Too often, we forget that God is in control, and that nothing happens by chance. Last night, I had a reminder of this.

For the past couple of years, I've been riding my motorcycle w/a group from a local church. This year, I've heard nothing. My brother called on Monday night wanting to know if I had heard anything since he hasn't heard either. We were both wondering if we got accidently dropped from the e-mail that normally goes out. So, since last night was a beautiful night for riding, I decided to run over to the church at the normal time and see if anyone was there. My brother was also going to try and make it.

I get there, no one was there. Called my brother, he couldn't make it. Called the owner of the farm where I have my horses-she has a scooter-she couldn't go for a ride either. So, I decided to go for a ride by myself. I had an end destination in mind, just wasn't sure how to get there. I started off in the general direction, going down roads I had never been on B4, and just in general, enjoying the ride and God's creation.

I'm not sure how long I rode, but it's been awhile since I've ridden farther than to the farm, so I was getting a little saddle sore. I realized that I wasn't too far from an ice cream place. So, rather than go to the one I started out for, I headed for that one. Only problem being, I was riding right into the sun. I figured I'd get my ice cream and even though this road was the most direct route for getting home, I'd go down a different road to get out of the sun. Because of the sun, I didn't see the other bikes until I was turning in. I parked, got off to look at them, and noticed the helmets. Many of them had Christian sayings on them. Then, one of the guys came over to introduce himself. This is the local chapter of Christian Motorcycle Association! (I think Keith has mentioned them B4) They ride the 1st and 3rd Tuesdays of the month, and have a meeting at a local diner on the 3rd Saturday. So, it looks like I have a new group to ride with.

I know the world would say it was just chance, but I don't believe that. There are many other ice cream places in this area either they or I could have chosen to go to. Since I hadn't heard from the group, I could have chosen to just stay home and work in the yard. But, God knew I was desiring some Christian fellowship for riding, and He supplied it.

dizzy

Back to top Go down

Nothing happens by chance Empty Re: Nothing happens by chance

Post by Sonshine on Wed May 22, 2013 8:17 pm

I agree, in fact Psalm 37:23 tells us that a good man's steps are ordered by the Lord. Sometimes things may seem small to others who may know us, but we have the assurance that there are no coincidences or chance meetings, but God will be in every area of our lives as long as we allow him to.

Proverbs 28:19[b]
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

https://christianhomesteader.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by 12acrehome on Wed May 22, 2013 11:11 pm

without meeting that exact group I can tell you to expect hugs the next time you show up to ride with them.

and no I don't believe in random chance (except with gambling) so it must have been God guiding you there

Proverbs 28:19  He who works his land will have abundant food...

Genesis 1:29  Then God said,"I give you every seed bearing plant on the face of the whole earth, and every tree that has fruit with seed in it..."

http://christiancountryramblings.com/
12acrehome
12acrehome
Admin

https://www.facebook.com/keith.skaggs.9

Back to top Go down

Post by mountainmama on Thu May 23, 2013 12:47 am

How wonderful! The Lord knew you needed that fellowship, and provided it for you.

mountainmama

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzy on Thu May 23, 2013 3:24 am

Sonshine, I had that verse running thru my mind last night.

12acre, I already got some hugs. Laughing

MM, that's for sure! It's so hard to find fellow Christians that enjoy the same things that I do. And, while I may do some of the activities w/non Christians, there's just not the same level of enjoyment.

dizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by 12acrehome on Thu May 23, 2013 2:50 pm

dizzy wrote:...

12acre, I already got some hugs. Laughing

MM, that's for sure! It's so hard to find fellow Christians that enjoy the same things that I do. And, while I may do some of the activities w/non Christians, there's just not the same level of enjoyment.

They are the most likely to hug a stranger and call them brother or sister of any group of people I have ever met. Enjoy your time with them.

I find that riding with either CMA, or Rolling Thunder, or The Patriot Guard is more enjoyable and fulfilling than just riding with other riders. You can tell when God is on the minds and in the hearts of the other riders. (and for the non riders here no it has nothing to do with how loud the pipes are, how fast we ride, or even where we ride) I wish everyone could experience the first ride with word warriors...

Proverbs 28:19  He who works his land will have abundant food...

Genesis 1:29  Then God said,"I give you every seed bearing plant on the face of the whole earth, and every tree that has fruit with seed in it..."

http://christiancountryramblings.com/
12acrehome
12acrehome
Admin

https://www.facebook.com/keith.skaggs.9

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum