Christian Homesteaders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Like/Tweet/+1
Latest topics
» The Beast Revelation
You are being tested EmptyMon Jun 11, 2018 2:24 am by michae1

» Facebook page
You are being tested EmptySun Feb 11, 2018 9:19 am by dizzy

» Hilarious video A little garden fun by the cowboy poet Baxter Black
You are being tested EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 12:54 am by mountainmama

» An Insurrection Coming
You are being tested EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 6:52 am by 12acrehome

» Patrice's Patch Garden Journal
You are being tested EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 8:47 am by PATRICE IN IL

» lambs and ewes
You are being tested EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 11:46 pm by Farmfresh

» Irish Cuisine Class/Demonstration Recipes
You are being tested EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 6:13 am by PATRICE IN IL

» Prayer request for my dh's aunt
You are being tested EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 8:55 pm by PATRICE IN IL

» How has your day been and what's for dinner...................
You are being tested EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 5:43 am by PATRICE IN IL

Keywords

Taco  Sloppy  recipes  Seasoning  

Affiliates
free forum

Top posting users this week
No user

You are being tested

3 posters

Go down

You are being tested Empty You are being tested

Post by Sonshine Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:12 pm

Rest assured that if you are trying to walk righteously before the Lord, you are being tested. In fact, the deeper your walk with Christ, the more intense your testing will be. Scripture makes this clear:

"The people that do know their God shall be strong, and do exploits. . . . Now when they shall fall, they shall be [helped] with a little help. . . . And some of them of understanding shall fall, to try them, and to purge, and to make them white, even to the time of the end: because it is yet for a time appointed" (Daniel 11:32-35).

A great time of testing is coming upon "those of understanding." Just who are these who will be tested? They are the righteous, those who do exploits for the Lord, who walk with God and have the wisdom of Christ.

Right now, you may be asking, "Why am I being tested? Why is this happening to me?"

Remember your school days? When a test in school was given, it revealed how much you had actually learned of what you had been taught. Yet Paul spoke of a different school, one where we are "learning Christ" and are "being taught by Him, as the truth is in Jesus" (see Ephesians 4:20-21). If you belong to Jesus, you are in His school. You may have thought you had graduated, but that will not happen until you are in glory.

When I was in school, I hated "pop quizzes," unannounced tests. Yet the Lord has told us to be ready to be tested at any time, and these tests will continue until Jesus returns. All who love the Lord are going to go through fiery trials and be purged of all that is not like Christ, in preparation for the wedding of the Lamb.

David often spoke of being tested and tried: "I know also, my God, that thou triest the heart, and hast pleasure in uprightness" (1 Chronicles 29:17). "Thou has proved mine heart; thou hast visited me in the night; thou hast tried me, and shalt find nothing; I am purposed that my mouth shall not transgress" (Psalm 17:3).

http://www.worldchallenge.org/en/node/21373?src=devo-email
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

https://christianhomesteader.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

You are being tested Empty Re: You are being tested

Post by Rohn Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:54 pm

Good truth, Sonshine.
Rohn
Rohn

Back to top Go down

Post by 12acrehome Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:22 pm

while I agree with the post Sonshine, let me stir the pot a bit ... just to see what surfaces

Life on earth, from birth to and including death is the test, individual life events are not tests, nor quizzes. Consider for a moment the phases of life

Birth through about three years old followed by five years old to the pre-teen years, then the teen age years, young adult, adult, mid-life, senior, and ending with elder and death. Each of these life phases involves it's own challenges, and each has its own "tests".

Up to the adult phase of life the quizzes are easily forgiven if failed as God teaches us how to follow HIM, and puts influential people into our lives. By the time we are adults it seems God expects us to know what is expected, how we are to act, and even brings youths to us (and other adults) to show the path we are to walk, or to gently nudge us back onto the path of righteousness.

Being 45 years old I am most likely entering the mid-life portion of my existence on earth. I find God sending people into my life that are lost. No surprise there, but the age group has changed. As a youth my elders guided me, as an adult (young adult if you prefer) I found younger people drawn to me for guidance in his word. This past year I have noticed more people who are older than I am asking me about God, religion, and how to know God.

So yes we are always being tested, but we are also always teachers. Each individual life event (loss of loved ones, car wreck, financial issues, job change or loss, health concerns, etc) is in and of itself just life. God's test is how you handle each of the issues. These are the quizzes of life that God allows (not causes) to see if we pray, if we turn to HIM, or if we turn away with the temptation of an easier existence here.

12acrehome
12acrehome
Admin

https://www.facebook.com/keith.skaggs.9

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:44 pm

Keith, I disagree, life in itself is a test. Every day we are given choices, we are being tested on how we respond and what choices we make. I'm not even sure I agree that up to the adult phase of life the quizzes are easily forgivin. God understands where each of us are at in regards to our spiritual maturity. The tests we face and how we respond to them will be graded (if you will) accordingly. I've seen young children that were very mature spiritually and believe they are held to a higher standard than those who are not. Luke 12:48 says But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more. I don't believe this is in reference to material things, but spiritual matters.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

https://christianhomesteader.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by 12acrehome Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:47 am

yes life as a whole is our test, each phase of life making up a section of the test, and individual life life events being like questions on the test.
12acrehome
12acrehome
Admin

https://www.facebook.com/keith.skaggs.9

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum