Christian Homesteaders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Like/Tweet/+1
Latest topics
» The Beast Revelation
Horse Tails or How God Answers Prayers. - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2018 2:24 am by michae1

» Facebook page
Horse Tails or How God Answers Prayers. - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 11, 2018 9:19 am by dizzy

» Hilarious video A little garden fun by the cowboy poet Baxter Black
Horse Tails or How God Answers Prayers. - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 12:54 am by mountainmama

» An Insurrection Coming
Horse Tails or How God Answers Prayers. - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 6:52 am by 12acrehome

» Patrice's Patch Garden Journal
Horse Tails or How God Answers Prayers. - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 8:47 am by PATRICE IN IL

» lambs and ewes
Horse Tails or How God Answers Prayers. - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 11:46 pm by Farmfresh

» Irish Cuisine Class/Demonstration Recipes
Horse Tails or How God Answers Prayers. - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 6:13 am by PATRICE IN IL

» Prayer request for my dh's aunt
Horse Tails or How God Answers Prayers. - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 8:55 pm by PATRICE IN IL

» How has your day been and what's for dinner...................
Horse Tails or How God Answers Prayers. - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 5:43 am by PATRICE IN IL

Keywords

recipes  Sloppy  Seasoning  Taco  

Affiliates
free forum

Top posting users this week
No user

Horse Tails or How God Answers Prayers.

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Horse Tails or How God Answers Prayers. - Page 2 Empty Re: Horse Tails or How God Answers Prayers.

Post by 12acrehome Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:18 am

Horse Tails or How God Answers Prayers. - Page 2 Arabian_Horse_(Stallion)

chestnut?? This is what I think of when someone talks about an Arabian
12acrehome
12acrehome
Admin

https://www.facebook.com/keith.skaggs.9

Back to top Go down

Horse Tails or How God Answers Prayers. - Page 2 Empty Re: Horse Tails or How God Answers Prayers.

Post by dizzy Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:09 am

And that's a very nice looking one.

dizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzy Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:24 am

OK, I have time to add another chapter

The Lord Giveth

One day in November, I got a call from RU. She asked me, "How would you like a chestnut Arabian mare?" I asked her, "How much?" Her reply-Free. The owner had died and they just wanted to find a good home for her. Talked to hubby about it, when over to see her and found myself the owner of a beautiful, 20 yo chestnut Arabian mare.

I was full of high hopes when I got Binty (full name, Bint Rajahana-or daugther of Rafahana). I don't know how many horse stories I read where the horse and its owner had a special bond. And, that's what I was hoping for w/Binty. I figured she'd be easy to handle since she was 20. I found out very quickly that that wasn't so. When I rode, she wanted to do nothing but run. So, we rode in a lot of circles. And, it didn't seem to matter how much time I spent w/her, I was still struggling w/her. It seemed like my dream was turning into a night mare. I was about ready to give her back. After all, what good was it for me to have a horse if I couldn't control her. She seemed to want nothing to do w/me.

Then my brother's SIL, KN, lent me some tapes. They were on establishing a relationship w/your horse. I watched the tapes and started working on the principles laid down in the tapes. In February, I went to a horse expo in Harrisburg. I got to watch the person who produced the tapes-Gawani Pony Boy-work w/a horse and learned more about using his techniques. Slowly but surely, I started to build a solid relationship w/Binty.

Riding her went from a nightmare to a dream. While she didn't like water, she'd go thru because I asked her to. Then, another boarder, who was never there, decided they were tired of paying board for a pony they never saw nor rode and gave my daughter a Chincoteague pony, Stormy. I found a used, 2 horse bumper pull trailer for cheap. She had some trouble when she first started riding, but after going to horse camp for a week, she came home a better rider and instead of me telling her how to ride, she was telling me how to ride!

At times, we'd go on weekend trail rides w/quite a large group of people. We'd camp in someone's field for the weekend, and ride for hours on both Saturday and Sunday. (Sunday mornings, there'd be a devotional service for any that cared to attend. I actually found myself leading them at times!) By then, I had a good, solid relationship w/Binty. People were shocked when they saw the bit I rode her in. I rode her in a very mild bit. Plus, when we got back to the field, I'd untack her, put a lead rope on her and let her wander around and graze. There was just one other person that could do that w/their horse, and that was KN. Any others that tried could be sure their horse would take off.

Having the trailer meant that I wasn't limited to rides just off the farm, or times when RU could go. Sometimes, I'd trailer Binty and Stormy to places, other times, it would be KN and I. One of our favorite places to ride was in Maryland at a place called Fair Hills. There were hills, streams, even some bridges and tunnels. And, Binty would go thru all of them. Oftentimes, we'd go on a Saturday. It seemed like my dream had come true. My only problem was Binty's age. While she was always ready and willing to go, at times I was afraid that I was asking too much of her. I thought of getting another horse, but couldn't really afford another. But, since she seemed to be in good health, I didn't really worry about it much. I didn't know that our time together was going to be cut short.

OK, that's long enough for tonight.

dizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:55 am

Uh oh, sounds like you're getting to a sad part in the story.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

https://christianhomesteader.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2