Christian Homesteaders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Like/Tweet/+1
Latest topics
» The Beast Revelation
"Was Jesus Christ married? Did Jesus have a wife?" EmptyMon Jun 11, 2018 2:24 am by michae1

» Facebook page
"Was Jesus Christ married? Did Jesus have a wife?" EmptySun Feb 11, 2018 9:19 am by dizzy

» Hilarious video A little garden fun by the cowboy poet Baxter Black
"Was Jesus Christ married? Did Jesus have a wife?" EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 12:54 am by mountainmama

» An Insurrection Coming
"Was Jesus Christ married? Did Jesus have a wife?" EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 6:52 am by 12acrehome

» Patrice's Patch Garden Journal
"Was Jesus Christ married? Did Jesus have a wife?" EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 8:47 am by PATRICE IN IL

» lambs and ewes
"Was Jesus Christ married? Did Jesus have a wife?" EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 11:46 pm by Farmfresh

» Irish Cuisine Class/Demonstration Recipes
"Was Jesus Christ married? Did Jesus have a wife?" EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 6:13 am by PATRICE IN IL

» Prayer request for my dh's aunt
"Was Jesus Christ married? Did Jesus have a wife?" EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 8:55 pm by PATRICE IN IL

» How has your day been and what's for dinner...................
"Was Jesus Christ married? Did Jesus have a wife?" EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 5:43 am by PATRICE IN IL

Keywords

recipes  Taco  Seasoning  Sloppy  

Affiliates
free forum

Top posting users this week
No user

"Was Jesus Christ married? Did Jesus have a wife?"

2 posters

Go down

"Was Jesus Christ married? Did Jesus have a wife?" Empty "Was Jesus Christ married? Did Jesus have a wife?"

Post by Sonshine Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:26 am

Question: "Was Jesus Christ married? Did Jesus have a wife?"

Answer: The recent discovery and translation of the fourth-century "Jesus' wife papyrus" has reopened the discussion as to whether Jesus had a wife / was married. The "Jesus' wife papyus" says, "Jesus said to them, 'My wife ...'" This discovery is interesting in that it is the first Gnostic writing to explicitly state that Jesus had a wife. While a couple of the Gnostic gospels mention Jesus having a close relationship with Mary Magdalene, none of them specifically state that Jesus was married to her or to anyone else. Ultimately, it does not matter what the "Jesus' wife papyrus" or Gnostic gospels say. They have no authority. They have all been proven to be forgeries invented to create a Gnostic view of Jesus.

If Jesus had been married, the Bible would have told us so, or there would be some unambiguous statement to that fact. Scripture would not be completely silent on such an important issue. The Bible mentions Jesus’ mother, adoptive father, half-brothers, and half-sisters. Why would it neglect to mention the fact that Jesus had a wife? Those who believe/teach that Jesus was married are doing so in an attempt to “humanize” Him, to make Him more ordinary, more like everyone else. People simply do not want to believe that Jesus was God in the flesh (John 1:1, 14; 10:30). So, they invent and believe myths about Jesus being married, having children, and being an ordinary human being.

A secondary question would be, “Could Jesus Christ have been married?” There is nothing sinful about being married. There is nothing sinful about having sexual relations in marriage. So, yes, Jesus could have been married and still be the sinless Lamb of God and Savior of the world. At the same time, there is no biblical reason for Jesus to marry. That is not the point in this debate. Those who believe Jesus was married do not believe that He was sinless, or that He was the Messiah. Getting married and having children is not why God sent Jesus. Mark 10:45 tells us why Jesus came, “For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.”

http://www.gotquestions.org/QOTW.htm?utm_source=iContact&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Question%20of%20the%20Week&utm_content=QOTW-09-21-12
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

https://christianhomesteader.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

"Was Jesus Christ married? Did Jesus have a wife?" Empty Re: "Was Jesus Christ married? Did Jesus have a wife?"

Post by Rohn Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:28 pm

I saw the news article about this and I agree whole-hardheartedly with your post Sonshine.
Rohn
Rohn

Back to top Go down

"Was Jesus Christ married? Did Jesus have a wife?" Empty Re: "Was Jesus Christ married? Did Jesus have a wife?"

Post by Sonshine Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:34 am

I think there is a scholar that is claiming the whole thing is a fake, but it sure got people talking.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rohn Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:27 pm

I'm sure there are those out there who would like to raise questions about true Christianity, but I we are truly settled in our heart and know what God has done for us, it will take more than some "scholar" with some off the wall claim to shake our faith.
Rohn
Rohn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:05 am

Yes, but, IF Jesus had been married, which for the record, I don't believe he was, but if he had been, would it have changed what he did for us? I don't believe so. The reasons I don't think he was was the same reason Paul never married. He didn't want divided loyalties. He was loyal to the Father and to his calling. One day he will take a bride, the church.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum