Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Like/Tweet/+1
Latest topics
» The Beast Revelation
 THE MANIPULATING of THE CHRISTIAN "POWER BLOK" EmptyMon Jun 11, 2018 2:24 am by michae1

» Facebook page
 THE MANIPULATING of THE CHRISTIAN "POWER BLOK" EmptySun Feb 11, 2018 9:19 am by dizzy

» Hilarious video A little garden fun by the cowboy poet Baxter Black
 THE MANIPULATING of THE CHRISTIAN "POWER BLOK" EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 12:54 am by mountainmama

» An Insurrection Coming
 THE MANIPULATING of THE CHRISTIAN "POWER BLOK" EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 6:52 am by 12acrehome

» Patrice's Patch Garden Journal
 THE MANIPULATING of THE CHRISTIAN "POWER BLOK" EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 8:47 am by PATRICE IN IL

» lambs and ewes
 THE MANIPULATING of THE CHRISTIAN "POWER BLOK" EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 11:46 pm by Farmfresh

» Irish Cuisine Class/Demonstration Recipes
 THE MANIPULATING of THE CHRISTIAN "POWER BLOK" EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 6:13 am by PATRICE IN IL

» Prayer request for my dh's aunt
 THE MANIPULATING of THE CHRISTIAN "POWER BLOK" EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 8:55 pm by PATRICE IN IL

» How has your day been and what's for dinner...................
 THE MANIPULATING of THE CHRISTIAN "POWER BLOK" EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 5:43 am by PATRICE IN IL

Keywords

Seasoning  Sloppy  Taco  

Affiliates
free forum

Top posting users this week

THE MANIPULATING of THE CHRISTIAN "POWER BLOK"

Go down

THE MANIPULATING of THE CHRISTIAN "POWER BLOK" Empty THE MANIPULATING of THE CHRISTIAN "POWER BLOK"

Post by Sonshine on Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:19 am

There is a recent history lesson in all this. I am old enough to recall
The inception of the "Moral Majority" in the late 70´s and the rise of
The religious right.

The religious right and it´s rise, as I recall, was focused on the issue
Of abortion. President Jimmy Carter professed to be a Christian and
Claimed a personal objection to abortion but was determined to
Uphold Roe v Wade as the law of the land. The opposition to abortion
And Jimmy Carter by association and the dreaded Equal Rights
Amendment were the two prominent issues that I remember that
Helped advance the so-called "Moral Majority" of that time. Ronald
Reagan became the darling of the moral majority crowd and then
There was the idea for a National Prayer Amendment to allow prayer
Back into schools which became another hook for getting more
And more Christians on board to getting Reagan elected.

Well, the prayer amendment initially flopped and to pursue it was
Too costly from a political standpoint for Reagen so it was dropped.
The appointment of supreme court justices by both Reagan and
Bush Sr., who weren´t as conservative as promised, derailed the
Overturning of the abortion ruling. They did stop the ERA, barely.
I forget the dreadful evil that this amendment was supposed to
Have caused.

With all the religious political bluster that began in those days what
Has actually been accomplished in relation to it´s initial goals and
All the promised expectations? Have they stopped abortion? No.
Did they get prayer back in schools? No. Have they thwarted the
Homosexual agenda? No. What about evolution being taught in
Schools? Did they keep the ten commandments in school? Are
They stopping the assault on marriage and family today?

If God is with us why can´t we win these battles? If this is God
And His leading, why has there been no fruit? Why all the failure?

As I look at things today in this country I have concluded that it
Hasn´t made anything better but has likely made it worse. It has
Prejudiced many, many people against the gospel. Christianity has
Been reduced in many people´s minds as to fighting for religious
Control of this world as opposed to fighting for the eternal souls
Of those who are lost and dying in this world. You end up
Fighting the ones you are supposedly trying to reach.

The simplicity and purity of devotion to Jesus Christ which consists
Of following Him and keeping His word which He tells us over and
Over is the way and practice of true faith. Jesus Christ came into
The world to save sinners, He didn´t come into the world to fix the
World and set public policy. It´s actually a form of worldliness.

It´s a deception and a delusion and completely unwarranted by
Scripture. Imagine that, religious leaders deceiving their followers
And leading them astray. There´s a biblical theme for you. It is a
False agenda that thwarts the true gospel and it´s purpose. It uses
Carnal weapons to fight a futile battle against spiritual enemies.
Some people are waking up to that fact.

-Please comment on this topic at the website below-

http://www.johnthebaptisttv.com/

I'm interested in everyone's thoughts on this.

Proverbs 28:19[b]
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

https://christianhomesteader.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

THE MANIPULATING of THE CHRISTIAN "POWER BLOK" Empty Re: THE MANIPULATING of THE CHRISTIAN "POWER BLOK"

Post by Rohn on Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:03 am

I'll be watching this topic and possibly reply to it in a few days.
Rohn
Rohn

Back to top Go down

THE MANIPULATING of THE CHRISTIAN "POWER BLOK" Empty Re: THE MANIPULATING of THE CHRISTIAN "POWER BLOK"

Post by Sonshine on Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:28 am

Rohn, looks like I'm not getting any bites. Smile

Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotton Picker on Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:03 am

Hi Sonshine!

I have an opinion, or several....

I have pondered the reality of the continual slide into moral oblivion that the US is apparently well on. For starters Jesus warned us about moral decay.

Matthew 24: 4 “Jesus told them, “Don’t let anyone mislead you, 5 for many will come in my name, claiming, ‘I am the Messiah.’ They will deceive many. 6 And you will hear of wars and threats of wars, but don’t panic. Yes, these things must take place, but the end won’t follow immediately. 7 Nation will go to war against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in many parts of the world. 8 But all this is only the first of the birth pains, with more to come.

9 “Then you will be arrested, persecuted, and killed. You will be hated all over the world because you are my followers. 10 And many will turn away from me and betray and hate each other. 11 And many false prophets will appear and will deceive many people. 12 Sin will be rampant everywhere, and the love of many will grow cold. 13 But the one who endures to the end will be saved. 14 And the Good News about the Kingdom will be preached throughout the whole world, so that all nations will hear it; and then the end will come.”

You must realize that no matter how good the intentions, a politician is still a politician. They choose their battles in order to accomplish their agenda. I would say that more than a few are like Esau. Hebrews 12:16 “Make sure that no one is immoral or godless like Esau, who traded his birthright as the firstborn son for a single meal.” I believe that there are political leaders who make painful “Sophie’s Choice” decisions regarding certain elements of planned goals in order to accomplish a greater and more lasting change in other areas.

And not to forget, hindsight is 20/20. If humans could precisely predict outcomes we would all marry the perfect spouse, raise Harvard graduates and be independently wealthy. Politicians are just humans with more authority than you and I.

Cotton Picker

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotton Picker on Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:27 am

Luke 20: 22 Now tell us—is it right for us to pay taxes to Caesar or not?”

23 He saw through their trickery and said, 24 “Show me a Roman coin. Whose picture and title are stamped on it?”
“Caesar’s,” they replied.

25 “Well then,” he said, “give to Caesar what belongs to Caesar, and give to God what belongs to God.”

I believe the problem lies with the citizens, rather than the leadership. As you know we are not a Roman tribute state as was Israel in the time of Jesus. We in the US are citizens of a Republic, of, by and for the people. In other words, we the people are Caesar in the USA. We have an obligation to render unto ourselves what is our birthright, a country that reflects the will of the majority with regard to the rights of the few. If all who claim to be Christians in the US were to truly act like a unified body all that you lament would have been accomplished long ago. We are where we are morally in this country due to the complicity of believers.

Like the army of the children of Israel quaking in their sandals before Goliath, (1 Samuel 17) US Christians do not fearlessly go forth in the battle against sin and evil because they love comfort and the illusion of security more than they love Jesus. Like politicians, they wish to go along to get along and shirk the hard, thankless and dangerous work of presenting the gospel of Jesus.

Remember what Jesus said. Luke 9: Luke 9:23 Then he said to the crowd, “If any of you wants to be my follower, you must turn from your selfish ways, take up your cross daily, and follow me.

Here is a very well said observation.

Cotton Picker

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotton Picker on Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:47 am

As for being at odds with those we are trying to reach. What did Jesus say?

Matthew 10: “Don’t imagine that I came to bring peace to the earth! I came not to bring peace, but a sword.

35 ‘I have come to set a man against his father,
a daughter against her mother,
and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law.
36 Your enemies will be right in your own household!’

John 15: 18 “If the world hates you, remember that it hated me first. 19 The world would love you as one of its own if you belonged to it, but you are no longer part of the world. I chose you to come out of the world, so it hates you. 20 Do you remember what I told you? ‘A slave is not greater than the master.’ Since they persecuted me, naturally they will persecute you. And if they had listened to me, they would listen to you. 21 They will do all this to you because of me, for they have rejected the one who sent me.

And Paul,

2 Corinthians 2: 14” But thank God! He has made us his captives and continues to lead us along in Christ’s triumphal procession. Now he uses us to spread the knowledge of Christ everywhere, like a sweet perfume. 15 Our lives are a Christ-like fragrance rising up to God. But this fragrance is perceived differently by those who are being saved and by those who are perishing. 16 To those who are perishing, we are a dreadful smell of death and doom. But to those who are being saved, we are a life-giving perfume.”

2 Timothy 2: 23 “Again I say, don’t get involved in foolish, ignorant arguments that only start fights. 24 A servant of the Lord must not quarrel but must be kind to everyone, be able to teach, and be patient with difficult people. 25 Gently instruct those who oppose the truth. Perhaps God will change those people’s hearts, and they will learn the truth. 26 Then they will come to their senses and escape from the devil’s trap. For they have been held captive by him to do whatever he wants.”

Ephesians 6: 12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.

2 Corinthians 6:14 Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness?

Like it or not, there can be no real and lasting peace with non believers. Not that we don’t wish for it and work towards it, it’s just that the spirit that guides them is the enemy of the Spirit that lives within us. I believe that is why you have people who for no known reason, seek to cause you grief at work, in social circles, and wherever we have contact with non believers.

I believe it is because the spirit that guides them inflames them with anger at the very sight of a believer. In cases where no spiritual conversations have taken place this can be very puzzling, because the harder you try to reach out, the angrier they become. Realize that they may not know you are a believer; it is the spirit who guides them that does. They are just the human patsy, a mindless tool in the hands of the enemy of our souls.

We have to accept the fact that as Christians we are in a state of constant war. We have to depend upon the Lord for the knowledge and wisdom to know when to fight and when to extend the olive branch. And we need to be prepared to go from one to the other in the blink of an eye, all the while not allowing our egos to get in the way.

1 Peter 3: 13 Now, who will want to harm you if you are eager to do good? 14 But even if you suffer for doing what is right, God will reward you for it. So don’t worry or be afraid of their threats. 15 Instead, you must worship Christ as Lord of your life. And if someone asks about your Christian hope, always be ready to explain it. 16 But do this in a gentle and respectful way. Keep your conscience clear. Then if people speak against you, they will be ashamed when they see what a good life you live because you belong to Christ. 17 Remember, it is better to suffer for doing good, if that is what God wants, than to suffer for doing wrong!

Cotton Picker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine on Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:09 pm

Welcome back CottonPicker! You have been missed. I agree with all you posted. Even though I know that this is spiritual warfare it still gets frustrating. I've had non-believers ask me that if Christians don't like the way things are going in the government, why do we keep electing the people we do. I tell them it's because we are limited on who we can vote for because it depends on who is running for office. The reality is, this world isn't going to be around much longer, we are living in the last days and there are certain things that have been prophecied about that we are seeing unfold.

Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotton Picker on Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:24 pm

Thank you Sonshine.

I have lurked around every now and then. I thought I might add to this conversation, so here I am.

Yes the outlook is not pretty for this old world, yet it should come as no real surprise. It is frustrating though to work for change and see little. Ah well, we are to keep on trying and doing our work "as unto the Lord." We are the salt of the world. Salt is savory if you're hungry, however it stings open wounds and the world is one big open wound.

I believe we need to keep hammering away at shedding light. Wherever truth, or the pursuit of it, needs to be added to the conversation, which is everywhere, every day, all of the time.

Cotton Picker

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotton Picker on Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:37 pm

Sonshine,

I attempted to put a link in the comments above and now see that it didn't come through in the final post.

I think you would find it interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4i9CZ-4zgns&feature=share

Cotton Picker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum