Christian Homesteaders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Like/Tweet/+1
Latest topics
» The Beast Revelation
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2018 2:24 am by michae1

» Facebook page
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 11, 2018 9:19 am by dizzy

» Hilarious video A little garden fun by the cowboy poet Baxter Black
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 12:54 am by mountainmama

» An Insurrection Coming
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 6:52 am by 12acrehome

» Patrice's Patch Garden Journal
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 8:47 am by PATRICE IN IL

» lambs and ewes
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 11:46 pm by Farmfresh

» Irish Cuisine Class/Demonstration Recipes
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 6:13 am by PATRICE IN IL

» Prayer request for my dh's aunt
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 8:55 pm by PATRICE IN IL

» How has your day been and what's for dinner...................
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 5:43 am by PATRICE IN IL

Keywords

Taco  Sloppy  Seasoning  recipes  

Affiliates
free forum

Top posting users this week
No user

How has your day been and what's for dinner...................

+11
Farmfresh
Mississippi Momma
Mrs Rooster
carla
Evie1
kerrig
Rohn
amybyrd21
PlainFolk
backtotheland
Sonshine
15 posters

Page 3 of 34 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18 ... 34  Next

Go down

How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 3 Empty Re: How has your day been and what's for dinner...................

Post by 12acrehome Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:02 pm

Happy Friday a good day here finally getting some rain that has been predicted but nary a drop for two weeks. Grass seed laying in the dust just waiting for moisture...let's see how it does.

Working the weekend, the money is always put to good use, but I'm getting tired of the 7 days a week schedule my employer is demanding these days.

My wife is scheduled for outpatient surgery tuesday, not looking forward to that either, but it is part of the package deal ("for better...") it saddens me the way people speak the words but do not understand that it is an oath to God as well as to the Spouse.

Can't remember supper tonight, bed time ya know. Have a great weekend everyone.
12acrehome
12acrehome
Admin

https://www.facebook.com/keith.skaggs.9

Back to top Go down

How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 3 Empty Re: How has your day been and what's for dinner...................

Post by backtotheland Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:01 pm

Hope everything goes well for your wife's surgery on Tuesday and I will keep her in my prayers.

backtotheland

Back to top Go down

Post by 12acrehome Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:58 pm

Thanks backtotheland.
The rain brought the grass out, maybe this will be the year we finally have more grass than mud Smile Blueberries are in full bloom, now if I can just get that weed eater running...

supper is gonna be cooked apples, polish sausage, mac and cheese, with green peas
12acrehome
12acrehome
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by amybyrd21 Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:37 am

Today the boys went fishing. They did pretty good so we had fish for dinner.

We have had the problem of people stealing gas out of our vehicles mainly my car. I bought a locking gas cap so they decided to get back at me and when they could not pick it they put grease all over it. This tells me it is probably a teenager. Now we know there is a girl involved. While out side after dark feeding the dogs I heard one of them giggle. I figure it is some one the kids knows because they know the dogs and the dogs know them.

The State of Tennessee finally got my Child Suppodt between them and Alabama sorted out, I also heard from Social Security about my insurance. I an so glad that I got it now since I went on Dyalsis it has gotten expensive.

For dinner we had fried fish, hush puppies and french fries. And we cant forget the vegetable group Ketchup. Smile And I did put onion and peppers in the hush puppies.
amybyrd21
amybyrd21
Admin

http://waylandcook.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 12acrehome Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:20 am

LOL ketchup

Glad to hear insurance is picking up and the child support is being sorted out.

When you feel like it but one of those screeching personal alarm keychain things, and some black string. I'll post a topic later on how to set up a "trip wire" trap to scare the heck outta anybody sneakin around
12acrehome
12acrehome
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:05 pm

Sorry I haven't been on much the past couple of days. It's been raining, which makes it hard to get the rest of our garden in. I figure tomorrow after Church we'll have to try to get the rest of the seeds planted.

Keith, our blueberries and blackberries are both blooming and it looks like they are loaded. We have to cover ours when the berries show signs of ripening because the birds always get them.

Ty has 3 friends sleeping over tonight. Joe took them all our to the camper to give me a bit of peace and quiet. I've been working on our Praise and Worship songs for Childrens church tomorrow. I have all of them down except for one, so I guess I'll be up a bit late tonight working on that one.

For supper I made steak fajitas and rice.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

https://christianhomesteader.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by amybyrd21 Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:28 am

Today we got the yard mowed, trashed burned and hubby and I got to sit on the porch for a while.

After hubby mowed the grass the dogs started barking at something in the grass. It was a snake. Hubby got rid of it and within 20 minuets they were barking again. It was another snake. This time they threw it up in the air. Hubby got rid of this one too. We let them live as long as they are not in the yard. These two were just to close to the house and where the kids played. The dogs got rewarded for there good job. I was if someone trained them. One lays down on one side then the other one on the other side. Then they start to bark and make it stay put.

For diner I grilled Ribs and made french fries. (Yes I have plenty of veggies on the menu for this week. Smile )
amybyrd21
amybyrd21
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 12acrehome Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:15 pm

lol! lol! lol! lol!

One of our dogs, a Yorkshire Terrier is a snake killing machine (no he's not for hire) if he sees a snake it is dead in 10 seconds or less, whether we want it around or not.

time on the porch or in the swing together is a precious commodity around here.

Supper was sausage pizza.
12acrehome
12acrehome
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:57 pm

Had a pretty good week-end and children's church went really well. I was kind of discouraged to see attendance down, but the schools are on spring break, so we'll see how many kids they are running on the average later. It was so refreshing to question the kids about the message and having them answer and some even expanded on what I had taught.

I did pay for being on my feet so much by leg cramps that woke me up at 2:30 this morning, but it's a small price to pay to be back doing what I love.

Tonight we'll have our first puppet practice. I've managed to find 4 kids to help with puppets, 3 of them use to help me on Wednesday nights, so they won't require much training.

For supper last night we just had a salad with grilled chicken.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 12acrehome Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:15 am

glad to hear it went well, I was wondering if that had gotten you down.
12acrehome
12acrehome
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 12acrehome Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:57 am

today was a day of rest and preparation. My wife goes in for surgery in the morning so I am taking time from work to comfort and tend to her daily needs for a few days. A stroll through the gardens earlier show that our winter squash is growing nicely, as is the asparagus, the potatoes are growing, and the popcorn is coming up. Temps here (according to the thermometer mounted at the west side of the house) are currently 101 (officially 89) and the dogwoods and locust trees are both in full bloom, the oaks are greening up, and the redbuds are seeding out. Perfect day

For supper we are having Steaks (raised on my grand fathers place) baked potatoes, salad and asparagus
12acrehome
12acrehome
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rohn Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:05 am

Today was a busy day for me. Me and a friend from our church went to another couples place and tilled their garden for them . The man just had surgery a few weeks ago and couldn't walk well enough to till his garden yet.

After we got home I worked on my mantis tiller and replaced the fuel filter and line and finally got it running so we can use it this summer, although I think I am going to get a new spark plug for it yet.

Was going to go fishing but changed my mind and decided I needed to do more work around here.

I also re-potted some of my tomato plants. They were just getting to long and leggy. I don't particularly like re-potting plants. I wonder if next year I start them in bigger pots if I can skip the re-potting?

Keith I am sorry to hear that your wife if facing surgery. My wife and I will be praying for her that all goes well and she gets complete healing.

Sonshine I'm glad to hear that you had a good week-end with your children's work. I trust that God will bless you as you labor for Him.

Had chilli and homemade rye bread for supper.
Rohn
Rohn

Back to top Go down

Post by PlainFolk Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:03 am

My son and I did a bit of baking this afternoon. We made chocolate muffins, apple cinnamon muffins and a honey bun cake with a big crumb topping. I also made a chicken and veggie casserole. Consider us stuffed. clown

We had a slow day today. Mondays are usually slow around here...by design. I hung some laundry out to dry, did some weeding in the garden, and piddled around with the chickens a bit. Tomorrow will be the start of a very busy week, we've got a lot to do the rest of the week and an overnight trip this weekend. So once I hit the ground running tomorrow, it won't stop until next Sunday night. But all good things. It will be busy but should be enjoyable.
PlainFolk
PlainFolk

Back to top Go down

Post by backtotheland Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:15 pm

Sonshine, I'm glad to hear that all went will with Children's Worship.

Glad to hear everyone's gardens are doing well. I haven't even started my seeds yet. For one reason I haven't had te money to buy them and for another I don't trust the weather here. We had a week of beautiful weather and now it is a lot cooler but we have gotten much needed rain. There is actually a little bit of frost on the grass this morning. I get paid Friday so I'm going to get my seeds and starter mix then and hopefully that will get me out of the slump I have beenin.

This job is taking up a lot more of my time than I thought it would but I don't have a choice. If I want a homestead I have to work for it. At least with this job I don't work week-ends and I have two short days where I only work four hours. Two days I work until 6:00 p.m., one day I'm out at 4:00 p.m., one day I get out at one and one day I start at 12.

The wedding plans are coming along but the time is getting closer. Her gown is just about done except for the flowers and then the bridesmaids dresses and flower girls dresses have to be done. My daughter is getting a little testy about her dress. I can see a bridezilla coming. I told her to just go get married and not worry about all the pomp and circumstance but who ever listens to me.

My barn is supposed to get started right after this week-end. Maybe if the weather is good on Sunday we can get it started them. I sure hope so. Everything is just so expensive. I'm just thankful that God showed me where to find used materials like pallets, culled wood from the lumbar yard and sheets of used plywood to get it started with.

One of the ladies in one of my spinning guilds has made me an offer I'm seriously thinking about. She raises alpacas and she has offered me four of them for $800. That is a pretty good price from her because she has one she sold half ownership in for $20,000 and another one she sold half ownership in for $40,000. I'm finding that I like working with alpaca much more than I do wool.

Supper last night was cheeseburger macaroni (homemade). I have a hard time cooking because when I make something I end up eating it for days. I guess I just have to stop thinking I'm cooking for a family.

Hope everyone has a good day.

backtotheland

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:36 pm

Backtotheland, what types of seeds are you needing? Maybe your Christian Homesteading family can help you by sending some of ours to get you started.

Keith, I'm praying for your wife that everything goes well with the surgery. My Dad goes in for hernia surgery tomorrow.

PlainFolk, you live too far away! I would love to sample some of those baked goods. LOL

We had puppet practice last night to prepare for Easter. The team did a great job. I came home tired, but content.

Today I don't have anything going on but resting. Ty has taikwondo tonight, but Joe will be taking him. We're going to finish getting our garden in on Saturday. Our neighbor is coming over to help us get it in. She enjoys gardening, but isn't able to do it by herself, so we had enlarged our garden last year to raise enough for both families. She helps when she can, but has a disabled husband that makes it hard to do much in it.

For supper I'm cooking chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes, gravy and corn.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 12acrehome Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:09 am

Sonshine wrote:Backtotheland, what types of seeds are you needing? Maybe your Christian Homesteading family can help you by sending some of ours to get you started.

For supper I'm cooking chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes, gravy and corn.

YUMM when do we eat Very Happy

I'll say a prayer for your Dad, Sonshine.

Yes I am sure we all would pitch in with anything we can to help you get started backtotheland. infact this is yet another reason for a version of Sonshines "seed train". Be on the lookout for another poll, I need everyone to vote and participate to make it work.

Surgery went "as expected" according to "Doc", arrived at hospital at 6 am, departed at 11:30, home at 2. Makes for a long day...

Supper is to be determined, she's napping, and I may be shortly Smile

Thanks for the prayers everyone
12acrehome
12acrehome
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:58 am

Keith, I wish you lived closer I would have brought you over a plate. I always make extras anyways for my neighbor. I'm glad the surgery went well and am praying for a speedy recovery.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by backtotheland Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:58 am

Keith, I'm so glad the surgery went well.

Thank you all so much for the offer of seeds. I'm really interested in butter beans and I'm going to be starting the tomatoes, peppers (hot and sweet), brocolli, cauliflower and brussel sprouts. Those are the most important ones for right now. It is so nice to be part of such a wonderful group of people.

I found another source for pallets on my way home so I will be stopping tomorrow to check to see if I can pick some up. I also found some wooden boxes sitting outside someones house with a "free" sign on them. If they are still there tomorrow I'm going to stop and pick them up.

Work went well today. There isn't much too my job and I feel really guilty that they are paying me what they are to just sit there and watch television. My main job with this patient is just to make sure he is getting some exercise, getting his meals, his personal care and that he doesn't fall because he is very unsteady. This has got to be by far the easiest job I have ever had.

Well, some friends are here to pick up the long table for our Passover dinner on Friday. Tomorrow I'm going to be making the coconut macaroons and matzah.

Hope you all have a good evening.

backtotheland

Back to top Go down

Post by PATRICE IN IL Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:07 am

Hi all! Smile Glad to hear you all are doing well.

Sonshine, I'm glad things went well with the children's ministry Sunday. I'll keep your dad in my prayers.

Keith, I'm glad your wife's surgery went well and she's home to recouperate.

I've been busy trying to stay on top of things around here and at the pantry. I went shopping yesterday and was able to get a new blueberry bush to replace the one that went missing from the horses. I had to run to the store for an elderly friend today, so while I was in town I stopped at Starbucks for some used coffee grounds for my blueberry bushes. After my son came home from school he helped me to plant the new bush and to move one of the existing bushes that was getting over taken by some flowers.

Tomorrow night our church youth group has it's monthly dinner and I'll be heading to church at 4 p.m. to cook the meat and warm the shells for the dinner. The kids will be doing the veggie prep as well as the set-up and clean-up.

I also want to try and get my homemade peanut butter eggs made tomorrow afternoon. I may only get the centers completed because they have to be frozen for a few hours before you can chocolate coat them. I also want to try and get my son's & the dog's Easter baskets assembled while he's at school so they're ready for Sunday morning. albino

I need to get this house cleaned up and my seeds started this week as well as clean up the garden yet.

I'm still messing with my insulin dose, it's getting better though, now that we switched insulin brands. My numbers are finally starting to move in the right direction, praise God! I've woken up in the 170's for the past two mornings which is good for me, I've been waking up in the 200's for about six months. Now it's just the fine tuning of my dose to get me regulated. Smile

For dinner we had sloppy joes sandwiches and chips.

Well, I hope you all have a great Holy Week and enjoy your Easter celebrations this weekend if I don't get a chance to pop back in before then.

Last edited by PATRICE IN IL on Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:05 am; edited 1 time in total
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PlainFolk Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:48 am

I have been lazy today. My sciatica has been screaming since Sunday. I didn't sleep much last night at all because I was in so much pain. I'm hoping tonight will be better. This truly is one of the busiest weeks of my year because of some events the kids are involved in. I really need my energy and need to not be in pain. I want so badly to be one of those people with loads of energy who can just go, go, go until all the work is done. But my body has never let me do that since the day I was born, lol. Ah oh well, it is what it is ~ I do my best to accept it and carry on.

Supper tonight is leftovers. I cooked enough yesterday to tide us over today. :-)
PlainFolk
PlainFolk

Back to top Go down

Post by PATRICE IN IL Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:05 am

I'll be praying for you PlainFolk. I've had sciatica as well as back surgery 30 years ago, so I know your pain. Try some ice on the hip that is affected as well as some Motrin or other anti-inflammatory, if you can take one. You can make a re-usable ice pack with a pint sized bottle of 93% rubbing alcohol and 3 pint bottles of water poured into a foodsaver bag or doubled up zipper bag with as much of the air squeezed out as possible. Lay the filled bag on a cookie sheet to freeze, it doesn't get solid, it's more of a slush like consistancy. It will freeze solid if you don't use it for a long time, but you can just thaw it and refreeze it to slush consistancy.
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by amybyrd21 Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:27 am

I got the writing job that I applied for. I get to start out as a fill in. It doesnt pay any thing right now but it gives me another notch on my belt for writing on line.

Hubby got to buy two out buildings so we get to pick them up Friday. We will have to wait to put them up until he gets a concrete floor set up.

I got part of my paper work for my SSI but now I am waiting for the Social security interview. I am just thankful that they gave me insurance to pay for the extra supplies for dyalsis.

For dinner we had black eyed peas, mashed taters, corn bread and meat balls (more like mini meatloaf)

Sonshine I fixed Chicken Fried Steaks Monday night too.
amybyrd21
amybyrd21
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:28 am

backtotheland,
I'll check my seeds. I think I have some butter bean seeds. If so, PM me your mailing address and I'll get some out to you within the next day or two.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by backtotheland Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:56 pm

Thank you so much Sonshine. I don't know what I would do some days without you folks on this board. Lord knows my family is not there for me. They all think I'm nuts.

I just figured out that with the price of gas what it is right now, $4.05 a gallon, it will cost me $150 to get just back and forth to work for two weeks. That is almost half of what I will bring home. I have just got to buckle down and figure out some way to make money from home. I know I'm not the only one in this mess either. I really don't know how people are going to survive if they don't grow their own food and figure out ways to be more frugal.

backtotheland

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:52 pm

Amybyrd, praying that the SSI is approved quickly for you.

Patrice, hope you have fun tonight cooking with the youth. I'm glad you're there for them after what you said about the Leader'skills in the kitchen. Smile

Keith, how is your wife doing today?

Just heard from my sister and Dad is out of surgery and in the recovery room. He tolerated the surgery well.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 34 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18 ... 34  Next