Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Like/Tweet/+1
Latest topics
» The Beast Revelation
Encouragement in Your Weight Loss Journey EmptyMon Jun 11, 2018 2:24 am by michae1

» Facebook page
Encouragement in Your Weight Loss Journey EmptySun Feb 11, 2018 9:19 am by dizzy

» Hilarious video A little garden fun by the cowboy poet Baxter Black
Encouragement in Your Weight Loss Journey EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 12:54 am by mountainmama

» An Insurrection Coming
Encouragement in Your Weight Loss Journey EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 6:52 am by 12acrehome

» Patrice's Patch Garden Journal
Encouragement in Your Weight Loss Journey EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 8:47 am by PATRICE IN IL

» lambs and ewes
Encouragement in Your Weight Loss Journey EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 11:46 pm by Farmfresh

» Irish Cuisine Class/Demonstration Recipes
Encouragement in Your Weight Loss Journey EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 6:13 am by PATRICE IN IL

» Prayer request for my dh's aunt
Encouragement in Your Weight Loss Journey EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 8:55 pm by PATRICE IN IL

» How has your day been and what's for dinner...................
Encouragement in Your Weight Loss Journey EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 5:43 am by PATRICE IN IL

Keywords

Seasoning  Sloppy  Taco  

Affiliates
free forum

Top posting users this week

Encouragement in Your Weight Loss Journey

Go down

Encouragement in Your Weight Loss Journey Empty Encouragement in Your Weight Loss Journey

Post by Miss Lillia on Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:04 pm

I know that losing weight can seem like a never ending journey. We wait for results and they come so slowly.
From experience, I just want to offer a little advice.
We all desire the perfect weight, but when we are overweight and look in the mirror, the image we long for seems very far away and very unrealistic.
We lose hope, easily.
I think what really will and does help, is to develop a different mindset. Instead of imagining a perfect body and desiring that image of perfection, in our minds, we should focus more on 2 things. One, pleasing God, and two, our health.
When we truly desire to please God, we make changes in our life. We want to be pleasing to Him. The more we desire to please God, the more we try to improve our lives. He will give us strength, through Jesus Christ.
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.(Philippians 4:13)
If we were to value our health above physical beauty, we would lose weight easier, I believe. In reality, the healthier we are, the more beautiful we can be, inside and out.
To focus on outward appearance it fruitless really. I'm not going to say that appearance is meaningless. Appearance is very important but focusing on it is hitting life from the wrong angle.
I feel very good, thinking 'healthy'. I certainly love my cakes on occasion, and a cheeseburger, now and then, but I am very careful. When I put my focus on health, I think differently.
There are days when there are muffins in the tin, cookies on the plate, chocolate in cupboard, and I know I have the freedom to eat these things whenever I want. And usually I decide that I don't want to. I started my day with orange juice. I had oatmeal for breakfast, I don't feel like putting something fattening and unhealthy in my body. I feel clean inside, if that makes any sense. I have sweets at my reach but sometimes I just choose not to reach for them.
Self control is a fruit of The Spirit and we must practice it.
Proverbs 25:28 - "Like a city whose walls are broken down is a man who lacks self-control."

Let me add a few more things.
Walk. I don't just mean going for 'a walk', so to speak, but really think about walking and do it as much as you can. Walk to the mailbox, to the shop, walk up and down the stairs, every opportunity that you can. Take the stairs instead of the elevator. Really focus on walking. It burns calories, strengthens your muscles, helps your circulation and is very good for your heart.

Drink water. It cleanses you and flushes you and it also fills you so that you eat less food. Many people do not know that water gives you energy.

This one is so important. Don't drink fizzy drink/pop/soda!
It is so fattening. You can exercise, give up all the cakes and cookies, and eat all the salad in the world, but you won't lose weight if you're drinking even a little amount of pop everyday. Even if you do lose a bit, you are only prolonging the journey.

Remember that a healthy mind and body is truly more appealing than mere physical perfection. It also offers more peace and satisfaction to our self.

I hope this helps. And always remember that true beauty comes from within. Keep Jesus in your heart and let your light shine, always.

Miss Lillia
Miss Lillia

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum