Christian Homesteaders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Like/Tweet/+1
Latest topics
» The Beast Revelation
What does the Bible say about racism, prejudice, and discrimination?" EmptyMon Jun 11, 2018 2:24 am by michae1

» Facebook page
What does the Bible say about racism, prejudice, and discrimination?" EmptySun Feb 11, 2018 9:19 am by dizzy

» Hilarious video A little garden fun by the cowboy poet Baxter Black
What does the Bible say about racism, prejudice, and discrimination?" EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 12:54 am by mountainmama

» An Insurrection Coming
What does the Bible say about racism, prejudice, and discrimination?" EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 6:52 am by 12acrehome

» Patrice's Patch Garden Journal
What does the Bible say about racism, prejudice, and discrimination?" EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 8:47 am by PATRICE IN IL

» lambs and ewes
What does the Bible say about racism, prejudice, and discrimination?" EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 11:46 pm by Farmfresh

» Irish Cuisine Class/Demonstration Recipes
What does the Bible say about racism, prejudice, and discrimination?" EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 6:13 am by PATRICE IN IL

» Prayer request for my dh's aunt
What does the Bible say about racism, prejudice, and discrimination?" EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 8:55 pm by PATRICE IN IL

» How has your day been and what's for dinner...................
What does the Bible say about racism, prejudice, and discrimination?" EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 5:43 am by PATRICE IN IL

Keywords

recipes  Sloppy  Seasoning  Taco  

Affiliates
free forum

Top posting users this week
No user

What does the Bible say about racism, prejudice, and discrimination?"

3 posters

Go down

What does the Bible say about racism, prejudice, and discrimination?" Empty What does the Bible say about racism, prejudice, and discrimination?"

Post by Sonshine Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:27 pm

I'm posting this light on the Zimmerman/Martin event.

The first thing to understand in this discussion is that there is only one race—the human race. Caucasians, Africans, Asians, Indians, Arabs, and Jews are not different races. Rather, they are different ethnicities of the human race. All human beings have the same physical characteristics (with minor variations, of course). More importantly, all human beings are created in the image and likeness of God (Genesis 1:26-27). God loved the world so much that He sent Jesus to lay down His life for us (John 3:16). The “world” obviously includes all ethnic groups.

God does not show partiality or favoritism (Deuteronomy 10:17; Acts 10:34; Romans 2:11; Ephesians 6:9), and neither should we. James 2:4 describes those who discriminate as “judges with evil thoughts.” Instead, we are to love our neighbors as ourselves (James 2:Cool. In the Old Testament, God divided humanity into two “racial” groups: Jews and Gentiles. God’s intent was for the Jews to be a kingdom of priests, ministering to the Gentile nations. Instead, for the most part, the Jews became proud of their status and despised the Gentiles. Jesus Christ put an end to this, destroying the dividing wall of hostility (Ephesians 2:14). All forms of racism, prejudice, and discrimination are affronts to the work of Christ on the cross.

Jesus commands us to love one another as He loves us (John 13:34). If God is impartial and loves us with impartiality, then we need to love others with that same high standard. Jesus teaches in Matthew 25 that whatever we do to the least of His brothers, we do to Him. If we treat a person with contempt, we are mistreating a person created in God’s image; we are hurting somebody whom God loves and for whom Jesus died.

Racism, in varying forms and to various degrees, has been a plague on humanity for thousands of years. Brothers and sisters of all ethnicities, this should not be. Victims of racism, prejudice, and discrimination need to forgive. Ephesians 4:32 declares, “Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.” Racists may not deserve your forgiveness, but we deserved God’s forgiveness far less. Those who practice racism, prejudice, and discrimination need to repent. “Present yourselves to God as being alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness to God” (Romans 6:13). May Galatians 3:28 be completely realized, “There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.”

Recommended Resource: Bloodlines: Race, Cross, and the Christian by John Piper.

http://www.gotquestions.org/racism-Bible.html
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

https://christianhomesteader.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

What does the Bible say about racism, prejudice, and discrimination?" Empty Re: What does the Bible say about racism, prejudice, and discrimination?"

Post by 12acrehome Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:37 am

study study study

umm I agree with 99.5% of that (pretty good as long as it is)

the neither slave nor free, and the neither male nor female is where I have disagreement.

There "SHOULD" be neither slave nor free, but sadly slavery is alive and well in many forms in the world today.

As for male and female Genesis 2:5 tells how man was made, and later Genesis 2:21&22 tells how woman was made (differently) each with differing responsibilities (various references through out the bible that I am too tired to look up, however please search duties of Husband, then look at Genesis 18:6 and Proverbs 31:13-27 ) While the Husband is to comfort and provide for the wife, the duties of the wife differ greatly. So there is a huge difference between male and female, and I prefer to honor those differences rather than mask them.
12acrehome
12acrehome
Admin

https://www.facebook.com/keith.skaggs.9

Back to top Go down

What does the Bible say about racism, prejudice, and discrimination?" Empty Re: What does the Bible say about racism, prejudice, and discrimination?"

Post by Sonshine Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:06 am

The scripture that is referenced in the article is Gal 3:28 where Paul is trying to show that in God's eyes we are all the same. I don't think Paul meant that there were no differences, but that those differences don't matter to God, he loves us all the same. Smile
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 12acrehome Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:51 am

ahh then we agree entirely, my misunderstanding
12acrehome
12acrehome
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PlainFolk Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:52 am

Yes, this topic hits home especially hard for me. My husband is Native American Indian and I'm white. He quit going to church five years ago because of a comment a church member made about one of our children being a "half breed." I honestly think it was said out of ignorance and not hostility but the situation made him completely re-think his stance on church and worship and Christianity in general. It's a heartache.
PlainFolk
PlainFolk

Back to top Go down

Post by 12acrehome Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:37 am

I understand why he has left a church, I pray he has not turned his back on God because of a small minded individual. Perhaps that person should look into his lineage a bit deeper than just grandparents. My family was here before this country was settled, in fact we were here before the 13 original colonies, and learned how to live off the land from the natives, and mingled freely with the native inhabitants. A forgotten bit of history is a group called the long hunters
12acrehome
12acrehome
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PlainFolk Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:50 am

12acrehome wrote:I understand why he has left a church, I pray he has not turned his back on God because of a small minded individual. Perhaps that person should look into his lineage a bit deeper than just grandparents. My family was here before this country was settled, in fact we were here before the 13 original colonies, and learned how to live off the land from the natives, and mingled freely with the native inhabitants. A forgotten bit of history is a group called the long hunters

Long hunters - I've never heard of that but I do believe it just may spawn a new homeschooling lesson for us. It sounds very interesting, I'd like to know more. We shall have to Google.

I honestly don't know what his relationship with God is now as it has become something he refuses to talk about and has all but forbidden me to address the subject with him. So whatever it is or is not, I have to leave it between him and God. I pray
PlainFolk
PlainFolk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:39 am

I've never heard of long hunters either Keith, care to share a bit more?

It's a shame that we see things like this in places that are suppose to be the house of God. So far we've been blessed. Having a bi-racial son we're very careful about allowing people with ignorant prejudices be around him.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 12acrehome Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:45 am

Long hunters were the group the military would hire as scouts. Active time period approximately 1500 into the late 1700's or early 1800's. Descendants became known as mountain men, and plainsmen.
12acrehome
12acrehome
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 12acrehome Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:53 am

. Findley was looking for an overland route to Kentucky and needed a skilled woodsman to guide him. In 1769 Boone, Findley and five men traveled along wilderness trails and through the Cumberland gap in the Appalachian mountains into Kentucky. They found a "hunter's paradise" filled with buffalo, deer, wild turkey and meadows ideal for farming. Boone vowed to return with his family one day.

This is when it is said that my family came to Ky. Of the five men two were brothers, and my ancestors. Both brothers settled in different areas of Ky.

The best know "long hunter" is:

http://www.lucidcafe.com/library/95nov/boone.html

12acrehome
12acrehome
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down