Rechercher Advanced Search

Like/Tweet/+1
Latest topics
» The Beast Revelation
Hello from the backwoods of Tennessee! EmptyMon Jun 11, 2018 2:24 am by michae1

» Facebook page
Hello from the backwoods of Tennessee! EmptySun Feb 11, 2018 9:19 am by dizzy

» Hilarious video A little garden fun by the cowboy poet Baxter Black
Hello from the backwoods of Tennessee! EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 12:54 am by mountainmama

» An Insurrection Coming
Hello from the backwoods of Tennessee! EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 6:52 am by 12acrehome

» Patrice's Patch Garden Journal
Hello from the backwoods of Tennessee! EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 8:47 am by PATRICE IN IL

» lambs and ewes
Hello from the backwoods of Tennessee! EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 11:46 pm by Farmfresh

» Irish Cuisine Class/Demonstration Recipes
Hello from the backwoods of Tennessee! EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 6:13 am by PATRICE IN IL

» Prayer request for my dh's aunt
Hello from the backwoods of Tennessee! EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 8:55 pm by PATRICE IN IL

» How has your day been and what's for dinner...................
Hello from the backwoods of Tennessee! EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 5:43 am by PATRICE IN IL

Keywords

Taco  Seasoning  Sloppy  

Affiliates
free forum

Top posting users this week

Hello from the backwoods of Tennessee!

Go down

Hello from the backwoods of Tennessee! Empty Hello from the backwoods of Tennessee!

Post by PlainFolk on Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:49 am

Hello everyone. I live in Tennessee with my husband and two kids. We live in an area heavily populated by Amish, Mennonites, and plain clothed Christians. While I am neither Amish or Mennonite I do have leanings toward a "Plain" lifestyle. I'm home full time and I homeschool the kids. I keep gardens, chickens, and rabbits that I use for meat. I do a lot of cooking and canning. I also work to keep our pantry well stocked. It all keeps me pretty busy, which is always a good thing. So that's me and what I do, if you want to know anything else, just ask! Wink
PlainFolk
PlainFolk

Back to top Go down

Hello from the backwoods of Tennessee! Empty Re: Hello from the backwoods of Tennessee!

Post by Sonshine on Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:00 am

Hi and welcome to our little corner of the world. I hope you'll just jump right in, or as my Dad use to say, "pull up a chair and sit a spell". I'm in Georgia, but have lived in quite a few places because we're military. My Dad is from Alabama, and I have lived there before in the northwest part of the state, not too far from TN. I love the Tennessee mountains, in fact, we just got back from there about a week ago. We try to go once a year. Looking forward to sharing ideas with you. We're a pretty informal group, but have to say that we all get a long wonderfully. I am really blessed with the people God is sending this way. I'm sure they'll be a blessing to you too.

Proverbs 28:19[b]
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

https://christianhomesteader.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Hello from the backwoods of Tennessee! Empty Re: Hello from the backwoods of Tennessee!

Post by 12acrehome on Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:06 pm

Howdy neighbor,
welcome to the board. Yup you sound like you keep pretty busy

Proverbs 28:19  He who works his land will have abundant food...

Genesis 1:29  Then God said,"I give you every seed bearing plant on the face of the whole earth, and every tree that has fruit with seed in it..."

http://christiancountryramblings.com/
12acrehome
12acrehome
Admin

https://www.facebook.com/keith.skaggs.9

Back to top Go down

Post by backtotheland on Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:46 pm

Welcome. Glad you joined us. Lot of nice people on this forum who are more than willling to share and they are very supportive. Hope to hear more about your lifestyle.

backtotheland

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum