Christian Homesteaders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Like/Tweet/+1
Latest topics
» The Beast Revelation
Being faithful in the small things EmptyMon Jun 11, 2018 2:24 am by michae1

» Facebook page
Being faithful in the small things EmptySun Feb 11, 2018 9:19 am by dizzy

» Hilarious video A little garden fun by the cowboy poet Baxter Black
Being faithful in the small things EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 12:54 am by mountainmama

» An Insurrection Coming
Being faithful in the small things EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 6:52 am by 12acrehome

» Patrice's Patch Garden Journal
Being faithful in the small things EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 8:47 am by PATRICE IN IL

» lambs and ewes
Being faithful in the small things EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 11:46 pm by Farmfresh

» Irish Cuisine Class/Demonstration Recipes
Being faithful in the small things EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 6:13 am by PATRICE IN IL

» Prayer request for my dh's aunt
Being faithful in the small things EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 8:55 pm by PATRICE IN IL

» How has your day been and what's for dinner...................
Being faithful in the small things EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 5:43 am by PATRICE IN IL

Keywords

recipes  Taco  Seasoning  Sloppy  

Affiliates
free forum

Top posting users this week
No user

Being faithful in the small things

2 posters

Go down

Being faithful in the small things Empty Being faithful in the small things

Post by Sonshine Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:29 am

Tonight I watched a movie on GMC titled "Brother White". It was about a pastor that was given a church in Atlanta GA. Pastor White was a white man and his congregation was all black, and not very many at that. The Church was behind in it's mortgage and running out of time to pay. This church was in the hood, and there were some people who were trying to cause the church to fail so they could buy the property. As the story goes it was no surprise that Pastor White managed to get the funds to save the church. However, once he did this, the church he belonged to in California before being sent to pastor the church decided they wanted him back. He had been a Sunday school teacher in the California church and not really very good at it. He had a tendency to teach in a way that frightened the children and the parents were complaining to the Senior Pastor. So, sending him to GA was their way of getting rid of a problem, but once they saw what a good job he had done in GA they decided they wanted him back as one of the under pastors. In the end Pastor White, who's family wasn't thrilled about leaving their cush life in CA to move to the hood in GA realized that they may be where God wanted them to be. Pastor White though, was excited about finally being recognized and was ready to move back to a safer part of the country. Of course, God showed him, through his now growing congregation, that he was exactly where God wanted him to be.

The Bible tells us "His master replied, 'Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master's happiness!' Matthew 25:21 NIV Now, Pastor White had been faithful in his duties as a Sunday school teacher, even though he had earned his degree in theology and was an ordained minister. I'm sure many would have thought that God was finally going to use him to do some big things when he got the call to go back to CA. I wonder how many of us would have gone back. Yet he remained in this small church. It may not have been a mega church, but it turned out to be a great blessing for him, his family and the community.

How many of us are just waiting for that big ministry or being some sort of super witness? Sometimes it's really not a matter of how glamorous the job may seem, but it's a matter of how many people God will bless through you. It may seem like a small thing, but as you continue to follow the Lord he will open doors that we never dreamed could be opened. When I first started working in children's ministries I use to imagine becoming so well known that we would be invited all over the country and every Christian would know of Sonshine Ministries and the wonderful work they were doing with the children. That never happened. Smile What DID happen is that over the years and the many churches we have ministered in throughout the USA and in Germany we were blessed with the opportunity to minister to many kids from all walks of life and we were blessed with some wonderful teens that joined our ministry and traveled with us. Joe and I worked in this type of ministry for 20 plus years. In that time we have met some awesome kids, some that are now in the mission fields, or are now children's pastor's themselves. It seems that God is showing me that my small contribution has been used to reach more than I realized, through the very kids and teens God sent to me, now he's sending them out. I don't say this to be boastful because God is the one who changed the lives of these kids and called them into the ministry, but I'm sharing this to hopefully encourage you to continue in the path that God has called you to. What we may consider the small things, when given over to God can become big.

Now my ministry with children has come to an end, at least for now unless God shows me how to continue ministering to them the way my health is, or heals me, but God began many years ago showing me some things about the end times which eventually led to this forum. I don't know what God will do here, but I know that as long as I am faithful in the small things, God can make it something big. I'm not talking about membership numbers, but how what we are doing here can have an impact on others, like a snowball affect.

Keep following the Lord in whatever he has called you to do, you never know where it will lead.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

https://christianhomesteader.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Being faithful in the small things Empty Re: Being faithful in the small things

Post by PlainFolk Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:18 am

I was just teaching this principle this week past to my son in our homeschooling lessons. He is a typical 14 year old and he wants to drag his feet with his school work but thinks his free time activities are all important. So we talked about Colossians 3:23-24 and how we are expected to treat our work - however small it may be in the big scheme of life - as very important work that we are doing for the Lord.

I also apply this principal in my mind to homesteading. Almost anyone who homesteads on any level at all has a "dream homestead" in their mind that they would love to have some day. Well, if we don't work whatever homesteading abilities we have already...right in front of us right now...what makes us think God would bless us with our "dream homestead" some day? Just something I think about when I am tempted to give into being lazy...
PlainFolk
PlainFolk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:25 am

I agree. I have a 13 yr old son that I homeschool. He's got some learning disabilities, so doesn't work at grade level, but I like the idea of teaching a lesson on Colossians 3:23-24. I may have to put that in next week's lesson plan. Smile
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PlainFolk Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:48 am

My 15 year old daughter has some physical health problems that hinders her from working at what would be considered a "normal" (whatever that is, huh?) level. We do the best we can and God will take care of the rest.

As for the lesson on Colossians 3:23, 24 I think that just may be a lesson that I need to teach rather often during these teenage years, lol!
PlainFolk
PlainFolk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:03 pm

LOL Yep, teens do seem to need a rewind button. And I agree with the whole "normal" thing. We believe that Ty was a gift from God to begin with and he's just on loan to us, so I have had to learn to just leave him in God's capable hands. I use to worry all the time about whether he would ever be able to be independent. Right now I don't believe he will, but have come to accept it. I know that no matter how much I love him, God loves him even more and will take care of him.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum