Christian Homesteaders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Like/Tweet/+1
Latest topics
» The Beast Revelation
Iowa Caucus and the other upcomiing caususes EmptyMon Jun 11, 2018 2:24 am by michae1

» Facebook page
Iowa Caucus and the other upcomiing caususes EmptySun Feb 11, 2018 9:19 am by dizzy

» Hilarious video A little garden fun by the cowboy poet Baxter Black
Iowa Caucus and the other upcomiing caususes EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 12:54 am by mountainmama

» An Insurrection Coming
Iowa Caucus and the other upcomiing caususes EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 6:52 am by 12acrehome

» Patrice's Patch Garden Journal
Iowa Caucus and the other upcomiing caususes EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 8:47 am by PATRICE IN IL

» lambs and ewes
Iowa Caucus and the other upcomiing caususes EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 11:46 pm by Farmfresh

» Irish Cuisine Class/Demonstration Recipes
Iowa Caucus and the other upcomiing caususes EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 6:13 am by PATRICE IN IL

» Prayer request for my dh's aunt
Iowa Caucus and the other upcomiing caususes EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 8:55 pm by PATRICE IN IL

» How has your day been and what's for dinner...................
Iowa Caucus and the other upcomiing caususes EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 5:43 am by PATRICE IN IL

Keywords

recipes  Sloppy  Seasoning  Taco  

Affiliates
free forum

Top posting users this week
No user

Iowa Caucus and the other upcomiing caususes

3 posters

Go down

Iowa Caucus and the other upcomiing caususes Empty Iowa Caucus and the other upcomiing caususes

Post by 7dawn Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:44 am

Is anyone watching the crazy poll numbers going on in Iowa? I am encouraged to see Ron Paul doing so well. I am hoping that people are really listening to what he is saying and not to all the people that are calling him stupid, crazy and a nut case. The thought of another 4 years of the Obama administration just makes me cringe.

I am horribly disappointed in the tea party and seeing them move more towards the mainstream candidates. I need to check out what is going on with As A Mom to get a feel for who they will end up backing.

Any thoughts???
7dawn
7dawn
Admin

Back to top Go down

Iowa Caucus and the other upcomiing caususes Empty Re: Iowa Caucus and the other upcomiing caususes

Post by Sonshine Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:31 am

I'm not a big Ron Paul fan. I could probably get behind him if it wasn't for his foreign policy stance. He doesn't believe Iran is a threat, even though they have recently stated they now have nuclear fuel rods. Now, I know that just because they have the rods, doesn't mean they have nuclear weapons, but it's one step closer to them. I don't believe Ron Paul really understands that you can't just sit and talk to these people. They are radical, and that's putting it mildly. As for the tea party, I'm not really sure who they have that they can support. The group that are trying for the nomination isn't that great. As it stands right now, I have no clue who I would support.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

https://christianhomesteader.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Iowa Caucus and the other upcomiing caususes Empty Re: Iowa Caucus and the other upcomiing caususes

Post by 7dawn Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:39 pm

I love his foriegn policy and agree with him. We cannot police the world. It is costing us billions. Most people don't get past his initial comments. If you listen to him when he is actually given the chance to explain it makes perfect sense. Our shores are weak. We jump into every war, every tribal conflict and into things I don't think we need to be involved in.

He wants congressional approval for war and if we do go to war we go to win. We don't go in and all of a sudden play politics with people that want to see us annhilated. We end up spending years when we could go in, take care of business and get out. Instead, we go in wage war and then all of sudden get politically correct.

I find it sad how brainwashed the people have gotten when it comes to foriegn policy and what America needs to be involved in. So, essentially what we will end up with on the ballot is a conservative version of Obama....We will get to the point that Obama has set the course for, it will just take a little longer....

Goodbye America...The public hastens your death....Instead of giving Ron Paul a real chance the media is instilling in peoples minds that he is crazy because he wants to do things as the forefathers intended. He wants to obey the constitution. He wants to bring our military home and protect our borders.
7dawn
7dawn
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:54 am

Sometimes the best way to protect ourselves is to have bases overseas for strategic purposes. I also wouldn't want to wait till Iran has a nuclear weapon before taking action against them. So on this we'll probably have to agree to disagree. I also have some issues with his stance regarding Israel and racism. The newsletter that was under his name had quite a bit of racist statements and anti-semitism in it. Now people can say he didn't know about those articles, but if he can't keep an eye on what is going on in your newspaper for over 10 years I don't think I would trust him with what is going on in the country.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 7dawn Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:27 am

Yup, we are going to have to agree to disagree. Cause he is the only one I can vote for. Santorum reminds me of a crooked televangelist and I do not like Romney, Perry or Gingrich.

I don't mind having bases in certain countries and Iran probably already has a nuclear weapon. As far as Israel is concerned, I heard some of the comments that they were talking about and didn't see where they were so racist. He is the only candidate that doesn't have a problem with Israel protecting herself from what I have heard.
7dawn
7dawn
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:05 pm

He has a problem with us siding with Israel and believes they should either stand on their own or be destroyed. I haven't heard any of the other candidates say anything about Israel protecting herself.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rohn Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:59 pm

I believe that unless we stand with Israel we are a doomed country. We can't turn our backs on God's chosen nation be expect God's blessing.

As far as the candidates, I am not sure yet who I'll vote for. but anyone else besides who we now have as president would be an improvement.
Rohn
Rohn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:02 pm

God promises to bless those who blesses Israel and curse those who curse her. Unfortunately I'm afraid that we, as a nation, have turned so far away from God that we're already in trouble. It's like in the OT. God never intended for man to have a king other than Jesus, but God gave mankind what they asked for and look at the mess. I think God is giving America what we have asked for.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rohn Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:32 pm

I agree. My prayer is that people in the USA would begin to turn again to God and repent of their sins and that God would forgive and heal our land. More than anything else we need a revival of souls turning back to Him.
Rohn
Rohn

Back to top Go down

Post by 7dawn Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:19 am

We will find out where he stands. I have never heard him say that. I just e-mailed his campaign. I also went to his website and looked up his National Defense policy. I do not see where it is putting Israel in jeopardy or where it is so bad. It makes perfect sense to me.

He is for states rights which I firmly believe in. The government is deciding a bit much for us. I find all the others less evil versions of Obama. They will lead us down the same path it will just take longer.

I do agree our country is too far gone. Obama put the nail in the coffin by totally ignoring Israel and treating them with utter disgust and disrespect.
7dawn
7dawn
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:43 am

I have no problem with his ideas on smaller government. I have heard him, in the debates, talk about us having no business taking sides in the Middle East, that Israel needs to stand on their own. That right there was a deal breaker for me regardeing Ron Paul.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:30 am

Dawn, here's some links you may find enlightening:

http://www.commentarymagazine.com/2011/03/01/ron-paul-we-shouldn%E2%80%99t-support-israel-over-the-palestinians/

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2826649/posts

Now, before you say what RP has been saying, that he didn't know that was in his newsletter, it went on for 10 years in his name. To say he didn't agree with it and didn't know it was in there is like Obama saying he didn't know what his pastor for many years was preaching from the pulpit. If he can't manage his newletter and know what is going on for 10 yrs, how can he manage a country?

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/ron-paul-says-he-will-not-aid-israel-in-military-action-against-iran/

http://www.comw.org/pda/1006SDTF.html

Research the people Barney Frank and Ron Paul have put on this team. 11 out of 14 work for George Soros companies.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 7dawn Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:39 am

I did read the links. I still think he will be better than any of the other candidates just because he is a constitutionalist. As far as the newsletters go, I would have to read all of them in their total context.

I have noticed the media likes to take little things that are said and blow them out of proportion. Unfortunately, most of our politicians are involved in something shady at one time or another.

I do agree with him, let Israel take care of herself. We tend to get in the way and keep telling the Israeli's what they can and cannot do. I do not think he would refuse to help Israel if they requested our help, infact, he has said if there was a request he would aid Israel.

If we go with any of the other candidates, we will continue to stretch our military thin and stay in wars we don't need to be involved in. If we are gonna go to war, I agree with Paul, go in take care of things and get out. The politcal games they play are ridiculous.

I don't agree with everything that the man says, but I do think he is the best choice out of all the other candidates.
7dawn
7dawn
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:07 am

Guess that's why I love this country so much. We can each research and choose which candidate we support. I have not yet decided who I'll support, but have decided against Ron Paul, and I really did look into him because I do like his agenda for our economy, but that's all I liked. I totally disagree with his foreign policy agenda.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 7dawn Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:20 am

Oh, there are some things that I disagree with, but one thing I do know...We have our fingers in too many pots and that can never be good. I do not think it is America's job to police the world. That is the main reason I am voting for him. Very Happy
7dawn
7dawn
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:48 pm

I agree that it's not our job to police the world, BUT, I do believe that we still need some bases in strategic locations.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 7dawn Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:40 pm

I totally agree with that Smile
7dawn
7dawn
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down