Christian Homesteaders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Like/Tweet/+1
Latest topics
» The Beast Revelation
Just Thinking....uh-oh.... EmptyMon Jun 11, 2018 2:24 am by michae1

» Facebook page
Just Thinking....uh-oh.... EmptySun Feb 11, 2018 9:19 am by dizzy

» Hilarious video A little garden fun by the cowboy poet Baxter Black
Just Thinking....uh-oh.... EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 12:54 am by mountainmama

» An Insurrection Coming
Just Thinking....uh-oh.... EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 6:52 am by 12acrehome

» Patrice's Patch Garden Journal
Just Thinking....uh-oh.... EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 8:47 am by PATRICE IN IL

» lambs and ewes
Just Thinking....uh-oh.... EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 11:46 pm by Farmfresh

» Irish Cuisine Class/Demonstration Recipes
Just Thinking....uh-oh.... EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 6:13 am by PATRICE IN IL

» Prayer request for my dh's aunt
Just Thinking....uh-oh.... EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 8:55 pm by PATRICE IN IL

» How has your day been and what's for dinner...................
Just Thinking....uh-oh.... EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 5:43 am by PATRICE IN IL

Keywords

Sloppy  recipes  Seasoning  Taco  

Affiliates
free forum

Top posting users this week
No user

Just Thinking....uh-oh....

2 posters

Go down

Just Thinking....uh-oh.... Empty Just Thinking....uh-oh....

Post by 7dawn Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:16 pm

I picked up my Bible again. It has been a while. I was given a Nook Color for my birthday and you can download a free Bible on it. I know, I have about 6 Bibles in my house to choose from that I could have been reading. It has been a long journey and I actually love the ease of use of the Nook. I don't have to worry about fighting the wind when I am outside in the morning, flipping the pages or anything like that. It is silly, but I like it. I can take it with me anywhere and pull up with ease whatever I have been reading. Anyway....Sonshine knows my story. It has been a long journey, as I said, but I don't want to get into that right now. I am posting a food for thought type thing. Not really a study, but maybe it will turn into one.

Not long ago one of my sons came to me and told me he didn't feel like God was there. He reads everyday and prays. I told him it was maturity. I think I lied to my child. I believed it at the time, but upon reading John and part of the book of Acts.....I do not think that is a true statement. If I remember correctly, there isn't many places in Scripture that God is just silent. There are, but they are few and far between and especially after the death and ressurection of Jesus and the pouring out of the Holy Spirit. I know we go through seasons in our lives. Not sure if this is really scriptural. I know it is something the church has taught or the churches I have been to have taught it.

They also teach that if things aren't going right, if you don't have money and this wonderfully blessed life with perfect health that you are in sin or being attacked by Satan. It seems they have forgotten that Jesus said we would be persecuted and have trials and tribulations. My trial right now is breathing...lol, I can't....But I am learning to trust God again, not because of anything He did but because of choices I made and some things that happened to me over the years.

My question has been, "What happened Lord?" Where did we lose you? As I read the scriptures I do not see a silence of the Holy Spirit or of Jesus, but just the opposite. So now, I wonder because I have always struggled so much, was I really saved? Was it a true conversion? Where did I go wrong? Why has the "Church" lost it? Is it because I find the American church to resemble the book of Galatians? Have we allowed so much false doctrine in that we have been bewitched? Shouldn't our lives resemble the disciples and apostles?

I think we should. I have never attained that level of Spirituality with Christ, but shouldn't we? Is it something that is attained or given? I have studied so many preachers...they all say the same thing, most of the churches say the same thing. Sometimes I leave feeling really great and then like a popped balloon it just goes away. When I leave church very little leaves with me because very little of what is said has any true substance. Am I being harsh? It is what I call the feel good gospel. I feel good while I am there and when I leave I feel good for a little while then it just goes away.

So, once again....What happened? God is the same today, yesterday and tomorrow.....What happened????
7dawn
7dawn
Admin

Back to top Go down

Just Thinking....uh-oh.... Empty Re: Just Thinking....uh-oh....

Post by Sonshine Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:38 pm

Good question. God is never silent, but we don't always listen. Dawn, you remember Jen? I still hear from her occasionally, and as you know, she has had many struggles in this life. I just read an email from her I got a few days ago. In it she told me she doesn't have much time to read the Bible, but she was asking about end times. She remembers some of the things I had shared with her. I had told her to keep an eye on Israel, because Israel has always been God's timeline. Well, her boss happens to be Jewish. She told me that he knows more about Christian's beliefs on endtimes than she does and he's constantly telling her about Israel and what's going on and how it relates to end times. So even though she's not reading the Bible, God is preparing her through her boss.

If you read through the posts in General chat you can understand what happened. We have gotten too busy to listen to God. Many people stand on what they heard yesterday, or years ago instead of listening to God's message for us today.

I'm as guilty as the next person. I have my little pity parties and ask everyone to pray for me, when in reality, I need to spend more time in prayer. Our prayers have turned into requests, which is fine if that wasn't all we were doing. We have grown cold and go through the motions, without remember our first love. We no longer carry that fire that was ignited when we first came to know the Lord.

Right now mankind is in the biggest spirtual battle of our life and it's only going to get worse. We MUST turn back to God in a way like we've never done before. We are facing endtimes. It's not going to get any easier, so Satan finds so many ways to distract us. It's time to turn it all back over to the Lord and stand in faith. When we've done all to stand, stand!
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

https://christianhomesteader.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by 7dawn Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:07 pm

Thanks Katrina, but I am not sure that is what I am asking. I have been reading lately, and as I read I see what was done. When I go into church now it is the same old, same old feel good gospel. Same people going to the alter, same message in a new and entertaining form, same call....It never changes.

Where did the power go? Where did the signs and miracles go? What happened? I know I have not led a very Christ like lifestyle. I allowed things to get to me and I walked off. I have seen a lot of things happen in my short spiritual walk and after evaluating some things I am wondering if what I saw was not of God. I don't know...I just wonder what happened. David is getting more and more discouraged as each day goes by. I guess I am just frustrated and don't understand why things within the "Church" changed so much.

I am glad you still talk to Jen. I was thinking about her the other day.
7dawn
7dawn
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum