Christian Homesteaders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Like/Tweet/+1
Latest topics
» The Beast Revelation
Anyone getting started on...... EmptyMon Jun 11, 2018 2:24 am by michae1

» Facebook page
Anyone getting started on...... EmptySun Feb 11, 2018 9:19 am by dizzy

» Hilarious video A little garden fun by the cowboy poet Baxter Black
Anyone getting started on...... EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 12:54 am by mountainmama

» An Insurrection Coming
Anyone getting started on...... EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 6:52 am by 12acrehome

» Patrice's Patch Garden Journal
Anyone getting started on...... EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 8:47 am by PATRICE IN IL

» lambs and ewes
Anyone getting started on...... EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 11:46 pm by Farmfresh

» Irish Cuisine Class/Demonstration Recipes
Anyone getting started on...... EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 6:13 am by PATRICE IN IL

» Prayer request for my dh's aunt
Anyone getting started on...... EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 8:55 pm by PATRICE IN IL

» How has your day been and what's for dinner...................
Anyone getting started on...... EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 5:43 am by PATRICE IN IL

Keywords

Sloppy  recipes  Seasoning  Taco  

Affiliates
free forum

Top posting users this week
No user

Anyone getting started on......

+4
Mississippi Momma
Beanie
Sonshine
PATRICE IN IL
8 posters

Go down

Anyone getting started on...... Empty Anyone getting started on......

Post by PATRICE IN IL Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:57 am

Christmas gifts for this year yet?

I haven't started anything yet but now that my DS will be going to public school in the Fall, I'm planning on starting a Christmas quilt for his bed. I've had the fabric for a few years and just never had the time to get it done.

I was also thinking of making some cute Christmas themed potholders or hot pads for my sisters and SIL. santa
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Anyone getting started on...... Empty Re: Anyone getting started on......

Post by Sonshine Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:13 am

We're hoping to have some hard cheeses made to give as Christmas gifts this year. We'll see how that works out. LOL I usually try to make gifts, but with my arm and back giving me fits, it's been hard to work on anything. Hopefully next year will be better and I can get back in the swing of things. I wanted to crochet a baby blanket and some booties for our new niece. I had given her twin sisters blankets and booties when they were first born, but again, crocheting and knitting are off my list for awhile.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

https://christianhomesteader.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Beanie Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:56 pm

I've got almost all of my Christmas done!!!! I'm making the last part today.

After that...I can crochet a few extras. santa
Beanie
Beanie

Back to top Go down

Post by PATRICE IN IL Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:49 pm

Wow Beanie, you got an even bigger jump on gift making than I did!!! Very Happy
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Beanie Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:10 pm

PATRICE IN IL wrote:Wow Beanie, you got an even bigger jump on gift making than I did!!! Very Happy

Trust me....this is the first that's EVER happened! Laughing
Beanie
Beanie

Back to top Go down

Post by Beanie Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:11 pm

Ok - I got the last of the canned items done!!! Woohooo!!!!
Beanie
Beanie

Back to top Go down

Post by Mississippi Momma Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:43 am

I haven't gotten started yet. When it cools off and stays cool I'm planning to make fig perserves, can some barbecue sauce and make some blueberry jam. I like to make baskets up for our four children and their families. I put jams, preserves and usually some kind of bread. Usually I make pumpkin bread as they all like that. I plan to give them some of the barbecue sauce also.

Last year I knitted each family member a cap so that's out for this year and since I can only knit on the round hoop anything else is out as far as knitting.

I may make some Christmas themed hot pads also. Those are great stocking stuffers and believe or not all my family expects a stocking each year. Of course I love filling the stockings for them. I can make some soap to go in them also.

Mississippi Momma
Mississippi Momma
Admin

Back to top Go down

Anyone getting started on...... Empty Gifts

Post by PATRICE IN IL Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:06 pm

Well, I made some fleece doggie hats for my nieces but I gave them to them for their birthdays. I still have to make the matching scarves. The scarves will have pockets at the ends and a black fleece paw prints sewn onto them. Here's a photo so you can see how they turned out.
Anyone getting started on...... Fleece13

Last edited by PATRICE IN IL on Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:58 pm; edited 8 times in total (Reason for editing : bad link for photo)
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:37 pm

Those are adorable.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kerrig Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:33 pm

I haven't started on anything yet. I really don't know what to make. We did find out that our daughter is 7 months pregnant with our grandson, Oliver! So I have another baby to make something for. I made Lainey a wall hanging when she was born and I think I'll make Oliver one too.
I will also bake cookies, fudge, shortbread and put in coffee cans for each of the kids.
kerrig
kerrig

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:11 am

This year we're going to be making goat milk soap and bath products for gifts.

Kerrig, home baked goodies are wonderful gifts. One year I gave both my Dad and Father in law a cookie of the month gift. Each month I sent them a box of cookies. They seemed to enjoy it.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mountainmama Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:13 am

I'm planning to make doll clothes for my nieces who are getting American Girl dolls for Christmas. Not sure yet what to make the family.

I've been making machine embroidered Christmas ornaments that are beautiful and perfect for mailing in Christmas cards.

mountainmama

Back to top Go down

Post by kerrig Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:17 am

I know it's early, wayyyyyyyyy early to be thinking about Christmas but the year is half over and if we are making gifts then we'd better get started! Lol.
Has anyone started thinking of ideas or working on gifts?
I am definitely coming up with ideas. Now whether I'll do anything is another story.
I think I am going to make rag quilted letters (the alphabet) & numbers for the grandbabies & of course I'll make Oliver some quilted books since Lainey got them last year.
I am still crocheting (3 years later) the afghan for Joe but honestly it's taking me forever because I only know how to crochet rows and it's to fit a queen sized bed. Plus, I get distracted easily.
I am finishing hand quilting Ashley's quilt that I started 10 years ago (hence the getting distracted easily) and the quilt frame I have is pretty wobbly. So if the quilt isn't tight enough I'm blaming it on the frame! Ha ha.
I am working on my sister's quilt and I think instead of actually quilting it, since I don't have a machine that quilts, that I am going to do the kind where you push the yarn through and tie them.
I found a recipe on Pinterest for homemade gumdrops that Joe & I are going to make for all the family members. I will also do heavy baking as I didn't get to do that last year. We traveled to Virginia and I just didn't get it done.
I'm also working on rag quilted items to sell at craft shows this Fall so I'm going to be busy, busy, busy.
kerrig
kerrig

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:31 am

I'll probably do homemade soaps again this year because everyone that got some last year are asking if they can have more for this Christmas. This year I'm crocheting baskets for our soaps. I'm also hoping to harvest some loofas to go in the basket. I want to try to make some goat milk lotions too. My Dad and FIL will probably get home baked goodies, since my Mom and MIL have pretty much stopped baking. Other than that I'm not sure what I'm doing. I've been looking for more ideas for neighbors.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PATRICE IN IL Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:44 am

I'm starting to plan my gift mixes and which candies/cookies I'll be making this year. I'm also going to be making hot pads that look like ornaments for my siblings and a few friends. I might also make them some kind of ornament to hang on their Christmas tree.

I've started ordering some cooking related stuff for my son, a few cookbooks and some kitchen gadgets/tools. I'm thinking of compiling a book of some of his favorite recipes so he doesn't have to keep looking them up.
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzy Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:58 am

I don't give homemade gifts any more. People didn't appreciate them.

dizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by 12acrehome Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:42 pm

hmm everyone I have given a homemade gift to has come to me asking for another. Can't say more now, but I think you will understand when Joe unveils his gift.
12acrehome
12acrehome
Admin

https://www.facebook.com/keith.skaggs.9

Back to top Go down

Post by PATRICE IN IL Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:57 pm

I love to receive homemade gifts. It means more to me because the giver actually thinks about what I would like and takes the time to produce the item specifically for me. It makes me feel special and appreciated for who I am.
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:00 am

I love homemade gifts too. It takes time to get to know someone to make something for them, but I know what you mean dizzy. My MIL has given me some things that would normally have gone to her daughters, but she knew I appreciated homemade things and so blessed me with them. I figure too many people these days have no idea what goes into making homemade gifts, and that's a shame. I try to give my gifts to people who will be blessed by them.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:02 am

PATRICE IN IL wrote:I'm starting to plan my gift mixes and which candies/cookies I'll be making this year. I'm also going to be making hot pads that look like ornaments for my siblings and a few friends. I might also make them some kind of ornament to hang on their Christmas tree.

I've started ordering some cooking related stuff for my son, a few cookbooks and some kitchen gadgets/tools. I'm thinking of compiling a book of some of his favorite recipes so he doesn't have to keep looking them up.

I usually have Ty make homemade ornaments for gifts. He enjoys it and those he gives them to seem to treasure them. I like the idea of compiling a book of recipes. I may do that for some of my neighbors who are trying to learn how to cook.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kerrig Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:33 am

I did the recipe book for a friend of mine. She & I had matching ones. I borrowed books from the library and then typed up the recipes. I put them in binders and on the front of mine it says "Kerri's Country Cooking". Lol. I think they make great gifts.
kerrig
kerrig

Back to top Go down

Post by PATRICE IN IL Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:35 am

A number of years ago I made recipes books for my siblings for Christmas. I hand stamped card stock with designs fitting my grandmothers, parents, and siblings ages. I used a wood stove stamp for my grandmothers an old gas range for my parents and some 50's/60's background designs for my siblings.  I then took clear overhead projector film/double faced tape and made pockets on each page. I typed a recipe each person was known for onto clear sticker paper. I cut the stickers and applied them to manilla shipping tags. I made a tag featuring a photo, name and some personal info for each person to slip into the pocket opposite the recipe. I also laminated the recipe cards. Now each of my siblings has a treasured family archive of recipes/photos for those no longer with us. Many recipes are ones made only for holidays/special occasions that would have otherwise been lost to most in the family. I also made a few extra pages in the back of the books and provided extra tags so they could add recipes/info specific to each household.

When I dropped my brother's book off my niece was so thrilled with it, she had never seen a picture of my one grandmother nor knew anything about her life.
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kerrig Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:51 am

That is awesome!
kerrig
kerrig

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down