Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Like/Tweet/+1
Latest topics
» The Beast Revelation
Got our fencing to make more pasture area EmptyMon Jun 11, 2018 2:24 am by michae1

» Facebook page
Got our fencing to make more pasture area EmptySun Feb 11, 2018 9:19 am by dizzy

» Hilarious video A little garden fun by the cowboy poet Baxter Black
Got our fencing to make more pasture area EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 12:54 am by mountainmama

» An Insurrection Coming
Got our fencing to make more pasture area EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 6:52 am by 12acrehome

» Patrice's Patch Garden Journal
Got our fencing to make more pasture area EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 8:47 am by PATRICE IN IL

» lambs and ewes
Got our fencing to make more pasture area EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 11:46 pm by Farmfresh

» Irish Cuisine Class/Demonstration Recipes
Got our fencing to make more pasture area EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 6:13 am by PATRICE IN IL

» Prayer request for my dh's aunt
Got our fencing to make more pasture area EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 8:55 pm by PATRICE IN IL

» How has your day been and what's for dinner...................
Got our fencing to make more pasture area EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 5:43 am by PATRICE IN IL

Keywords

Taco  Seasoning  Sloppy  

Affiliates
free forum

Top posting users this week

Got our fencing to make more pasture area

Go down

Got our fencing to make more pasture area Empty Got our fencing to make more pasture area

Post by Sonshine on Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:49 am

We got our income tax refund yesterday and went to TSC and got enough fencing to be able to make a couple of pasture areas for our goats. Now we'll have 3 pastures we can rotate them through. Hopefully that means no more dry lots for them and we can cut back on the amount of hay we have to buy. Smile Joe tried the milk pump we had bought awhile back on the two does we're milking and it worked great for him. I've just been hand milking, but it takes me about a half an hour for the two of them. Joe did both in just 10 minutes. Who would have thought it would be that much faster?

Proverbs 28:19[b]
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

https://christianhomesteader.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Got our fencing to make more pasture area Empty Re: Got our fencing to make more pasture area

Post by backtotheland on Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:19 am

What type of fencing did you get? It's so nice that you and Joe do this together. Even when I was married it was me and Lexy against the world so to speak. I think that is what got me in the end, or I thought it had, but I just can't get over wanting to have critters. I think it is my maternal instinct -I have to have something to take care of and since I don't have any kids at home anymore the goats and chickens will do just fine.

How much milk are you getting with the milk pump and where did you get it? A friend of mine had the EZ Milker and didn't like it. I'm going up to her farm next week and look at some goats and pick out the ones I want. I know I'm putting the horse before the cart but I've just got to get a baby fix. She has Mini-Nubian doe that I'm going to take a look at.

backtotheland

Back to top Go down

Got our fencing to make more pasture area Empty Re: Got our fencing to make more pasture area

Post by Sonshine on Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:13 am

The milk pump is Maggadins, or something like that. We're still not getting a lot of milk, because the kids are still nursing. We get about a pint a day.

The fencing is regular goat fencing. It's been raining since we got it, so we haven't had a chance to get it up yet. Joe is taking leave next week, so hopefully we'll be able to get it up then.

Joe hasn't always been into the whole homesteading thing as I have, in fact, he's just now really starting to get into it. I think he really got started after my surgery, since I couldn't do things around here, he started doing them. Now he's hooked. LOL

Proverbs 28:19[b]
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

https://christianhomesteader.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum