Christian Homesteaders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Like/Tweet/+1
Latest topics
» The Beast Revelation
Good books.......come on now......... EmptyMon Jun 11, 2018 2:24 am by michae1

» Facebook page
Good books.......come on now......... EmptySun Feb 11, 2018 9:19 am by dizzy

» Hilarious video A little garden fun by the cowboy poet Baxter Black
Good books.......come on now......... EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 12:54 am by mountainmama

» An Insurrection Coming
Good books.......come on now......... EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 6:52 am by 12acrehome

» Patrice's Patch Garden Journal
Good books.......come on now......... EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 8:47 am by PATRICE IN IL

» lambs and ewes
Good books.......come on now......... EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 11:46 pm by Farmfresh

» Irish Cuisine Class/Demonstration Recipes
Good books.......come on now......... EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 6:13 am by PATRICE IN IL

» Prayer request for my dh's aunt
Good books.......come on now......... EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 8:55 pm by PATRICE IN IL

» How has your day been and what's for dinner...................
Good books.......come on now......... EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 5:43 am by PATRICE IN IL

Keywords

Taco  recipes  Seasoning  Sloppy  

Affiliates
free forum

Top posting users this week
No user

Good books.......come on now.........

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Good books.......come on now......... Empty Good books.......come on now.........

Post by nannie16 Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:36 am

study Hey, I know there has to be some folks on this forum that love to read. What is the latest good book you have read. Share the book and the author and let's get this ball rolling. Rolling Eyes

Guess I will start this topic off.

I have read two Amish novels by Suzanne Woods Fisher...The Waiting and The Choice. Very good reading and an excellent author.
nannie16
nannie16

Back to top Go down

Good books.......come on now......... Empty Re: Good books.......come on now.........

Post by Sonshine Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:07 am

I'm currently reading "Broke" by Glen Beck. Have to admit though that I haven't gotten very far in it yet. And yes, you're right, I love to read and I know Dawn is a reader too. Glad to see this getting started. Smile
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

https://christianhomesteader.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Good books.......come on now......... Empty Re: Good books.......come on now.........

Post by 7dawn Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:13 pm

I am reading "Broke" by Glen Beck, "The Overton Window" by Glen Beck, a book called the "Qabalah" I forget the author, but it is supposedly the books that were written by Solomon, dealing with the demons while he was building the Temple. Not sure how I feel about it, but it is interesting. I am also working on Dave Ramsey "Financial Peace Revistited" but Hunter has highjacked the book from me. I am hoping to be able to get Joel Rosenburgs "The Twelfth Iman" and another book called "Aftershock" soon.
7dawn
7dawn
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nannie16 Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:21 pm

Oh, I love Dave Ramsey's books. He helped us get the knowledge as to how to get out of debt. Wink We listen to him on the radio often. Such a wonderful feeling not owing your soul to the bank, loan companies, financial institutions of all kinds. Sounds like you have your winter reading lined up! I've heard about Glen Becks books, will have to check them out.
nannie16
nannie16

Back to top Go down

Post by 7dawn Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:44 pm

"Broke" reads like a High School Text book, so it is slow going on that one. I will probably have my kids start reading it as part of their history. I was pleasantly surprised by "The Overton Window." I haven't finished it yet, but it is interesting and the writing wasn't cheesy like I expected, lol!
7dawn
7dawn
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:18 am

That's why I'm going so slow on Broke. I hated reading text books. I did like The Overton Window, and finished it pretty quick. Told ya you'd like it. Smile
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 7dawn Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:04 pm

Haha, yes you did! Ever hear of the Qabalah?
7dawn
7dawn
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:02 pm

No, what is it?
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 7dawn Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:47 pm

It is supposedly scrolls that were found from Solomon. The scrolls contain the names of all the demons, what strong holds they control as far as disease, lust, and so on. Supposedly, Solomon was given power over them and a ring to control them with. He had certain ones doing certain things to help build the Temple.

It is an interesting read, I haven't gotten too far into it, but one thing that was mentioned on the International History Channel, was when Jesus mentioned "One greater than Solomon is here." I would have to go actually read the Scripture to see the content. Anyway, my brother ordered the book after watching the show and was all excited and asked me to read it.
7dawn
7dawn
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 7dawn Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:14 pm

I got a Nook for my birthday!!!!! I don't have a lot of books on it. I can't believe that e-readers cost as much as regular books so my Nook collection is non-existant right now.

I did get some new Tim Downs novels this weekend and one of Leis Whiels new books. I know, I butchered the spelling of her name. I love Mardel Christian store. They have a bargain book section where you can get 1-5 dollar books. Very Happy I am also reading some James Patterson novels and Tom Clancy.

Anyone else have any good reads going?
7dawn
7dawn
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:17 am

I've been having problems concentrating on reading recently. I did pick up a book about old fashioned living. It's not really a book to just read for stories, but has some interesting ideas in it. I just picked up a Robert Whitlow book, but can't remember the title. I'm not sure I could read from an e-reader. I guess I'm just too old fashioned. LOL In fact, it seems that Joe and I are always on the outlook for anything from the olden days to add to our homestead.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 7dawn Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:46 pm

LOL!!! I don't read from it all the time but it sure is nice when waiting at the doctors office or at the dentist. It fits in my purse, I can get magazines and newspapers too. I can surf the net and check e-mail if there is wi-fi around. I just downloaded a Robert Whitlow book. It was free...My only complaint is the cost. I try and find the free books. You can also play games on it. Hunter and Ian take it over to play Angry Birds.

I need to work on more old fashioned stuff for the house. I found a pasta recipe on the cooking channel that I want to try out. I need a ravioli shaper thingy! Very Happy
7dawn
7dawn
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:33 am

I love Robert Whitlow, and Ty loves playing "angry birds".

For ravioli, just role out your dough and cut it with a pizza cutter, then for around the edges to seal it. That's always worked well for us.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 7dawn Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:42 am

So do my kids..They are always kidnapping my nook and good idea on the ravioli. I have to go to Barnes and Noble to get the free eagle. I also got a free Robin Parrish book that looks pretty interesting. Very Happy
7dawn
7dawn
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Beanie Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:01 am

I just finished "One Second After". Whoa...makes you think about life after a catastrophic event. I'm not a tin foil hat wearer but the plausibility of the book is incredible. A few bad words but no compromising situations. Embarassed

Before that I read the Hunger Games. It's now being filmed for the big screen in our state. It's a good book that has no bad words or compromising situations.
Beanie
Beanie

Back to top Go down

Post by Beanie Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:04 am

7dawn wrote:I got a Nook for my birthday!!!!! I don't have a lot of books on it. I can't believe that e-readers cost as much as regular books so my Nook collection is non-existant right now.

I did get some new Tim Downs novels this weekend and one of Leis Whiels new books. I know, I butchered the spelling of her name. I love Mardel Christian store. They have a bargain book section where you can get 1-5 dollar books. Very Happy I am also reading some James Patterson novels and Tom Clancy.

Anyone else have any good reads going?

I got a Nook too. Do you go to Barnes&Nobles web page for Freebie Fridays? They post new books that you can get for free on Fridays. I got a bunch of books in the .99 cent section and the under $5 section.
Beanie
Beanie

Back to top Go down

Post by 7dawn Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:29 pm

I had no clue they had freebie fridays. Right now I am reading The 12th Imam by Joel Rosenberg. I love the .99 cent section. Very Happy

I usually take my nook outside in the morning when I have my coffee and read my Bible. I haven't been lately which is not good, but I do like being able to go outside and read without having to worry about the wind flipping the pages all over the place.
7dawn
7dawn
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Beanie Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:04 am

Has anyone read Heaven Is real?
Beanie
Beanie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:33 am

Unfortunately, I haven't done much reading lately. What is Heaven is Real about and who wrote it?
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Beanie Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:32 am

Sorry I got the title wrong...it's Heaven is for real - bby Todd Burpo

It's the true story of Pastor Todd's family. his son (Colton) is 4 yrs old and becomes very ill. After Colton is well he starts relaying to his dad and mom about all these things he saw. He saw things in the hospital and could not have known about them. He tells about being in heaven and who he was with and what he saw. He explained about minute details of heaven that scholars would only know.

I saw the family on the Today show and got the book. trust me....have your Kleenex handy!!!!
Beanie
Beanie

Back to top Go down

Good books.......come on now......... Empty Great Read!

Post by Rosalyce Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:42 am

Two books that I have read recently and were very good are by Lisa See. Snow Flower and the Secret Fan and Shanghi Girls. They are about the life and times and tribulations of Chinese girls from the time they are little until widowhood. Very good read!

Rosalyce

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:08 am

Sounds interesting.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 7dawn Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:14 am

Both of those sound interesting. I started the Hunger Games when Micah was living with us because he had to read it. I would like to get the series, what I read was really good and with they way our world is going you could almost see something like that happening.
7dawn
7dawn
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:17 am

I've started reading Snow Angel by Glen Back. I don't read as much as I use to so it takes awhile to finish a book.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 7dawn Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:38 pm

I bet Snow Angel is a tear jerker...I have debated on getting it but I don't like tear jerker books..lol! Well, I do but I don't...I am reading Net Games by Tom Clancy right now. I haven't been in the mood to read lately so it is slow going.

David wanted the series that they made the movie The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. I will read that when he is done. The movie looks interesting but I prefer the books to the movies most of the time.
7dawn
7dawn
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum