Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Like/Tweet/+1
Latest topics
» The Beast Revelation
Take a few moments to introduce yourself EmptyMon Jun 11, 2018 2:24 am by michae1

» Facebook page
Take a few moments to introduce yourself EmptySun Feb 11, 2018 9:19 am by dizzy

» Hilarious video A little garden fun by the cowboy poet Baxter Black
Take a few moments to introduce yourself EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 12:54 am by mountainmama

» An Insurrection Coming
Take a few moments to introduce yourself EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 6:52 am by 12acrehome

» Patrice's Patch Garden Journal
Take a few moments to introduce yourself EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 8:47 am by PATRICE IN IL

» lambs and ewes
Take a few moments to introduce yourself EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 11:46 pm by Farmfresh

» Irish Cuisine Class/Demonstration Recipes
Take a few moments to introduce yourself EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 6:13 am by PATRICE IN IL

» Prayer request for my dh's aunt
Take a few moments to introduce yourself EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 8:55 pm by PATRICE IN IL

» How has your day been and what's for dinner...................
Take a few moments to introduce yourself EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 5:43 am by PATRICE IN IL

Keywords

Sloppy  Seasoning  Taco  

Affiliates
free forum

Top posting users this week

Take a few moments to introduce yourself

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Take a few moments to introduce yourself Empty Take a few moments to introduce yourself

Post by Sonshine on Sat May 09, 2009 11:14 am

It is my prayer that this will become a place for fellowship as well as learning and sharing. Tell us a little about yourself. Thanks.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

http://christianhomesteader.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Take a few moments to introduce yourself Empty Re: Take a few moments to introduce yourself

Post by NativeOregonian on Wed May 13, 2009 1:16 pm

Hi Everyone. I am Joni, born and raised in Oregon. My Husband was a Logger/ Log Truck Driver for 30 years. I have had my own Upholstery Shop for 19 years. We have been married for 34 years, have three great kids and four grandchildren. The only animals I have is one dog. I am kind of a homesteading want-to-be. I hope that is ok. I do sew, cook, can and garden. I do buy fresh cows milk and eggs so have been having fun and experimenting with that. (Butter, ice cream etc.) We just built a shop building with a loft which we hope to live in the loft part someday and be as much off the grid as possible. We have 7 acres so hope to get chickens and maybe beef someday also. I love learning from all of you. I hate to say this, but I kind of followed Sonshine over here and so far I like this site.
NativeOregonian
NativeOregonian

Back to top Go down

Take a few moments to introduce yourself Empty Re: Take a few moments to introduce yourself

Post by Sonshine on Wed May 13, 2009 1:25 pm

Hi Joni,
I'm glad you like the site. So far God has been blessing it. I pray that it continues to remain a place where people feel comfortable. As for being a wanna be, the way I look at it, homesteading is a heart thing. There are others here who don't do as much as you're already doing, but it's their desire to get more self-sufficient and learn about all the bounties that God has provided us with. God bless.

Proverbs 28:19[b]
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by salsaak on Fri May 15, 2009 8:30 am

Hi, My name is Sarah.I am above all things a born-again, Spirit filled. on-fire-for-Jesus person. I am an intercessor-that's my job-my vocation.

I am also a mother of 8, grandmother and great-grandmother of 11. These are my heart. I live in Juneau Alaska and love my life here. We have whales, we have bears, wolves and deers [2 of which was in the roadway this morning while people were going to work:)] We have mountains and the sea, Its beautiful here and I love it.

But my main life goals are the ones I stand in the gap for...

Well, thats a little bit about Sarah

May each of you be blessed,
Sarah
salsaak
salsaak

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine on Fri May 15, 2009 8:33 am

(((((HUGS))))) Sarah, are you ready to take over the prayer forum? I'm so glad you agreed to come and intercede on behalf of our growing family here. Just let me know when you're ready and I'll turn the prayer section over to you.

Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by salsaak on Fri May 15, 2009 9:07 am

I will be in a position to begin on Saturday, May 16th. Tomorrow I have 3 serious situation that will take most of my day into tomorrow evening. I will come back tomorrow evening and see the need and requests and pray and rise early [remember you are 4 hours ahead of me] Saturday and begin my intercession for the Dear Ones and their requests.

Is tht OK with you?

In Christ,

Sarah
salsaak
salsaak

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine on Fri May 15, 2009 10:16 am

Sarah,
That's great! I've already got you set up. I never saw an upclose picture of you. So it's good to see who I have called a friend all these years. BTW, you may want to repost your intro under a new thread in this section so folks don't miss it. Smile Love ya lady!

Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 7dawn on Fri May 15, 2009 8:37 pm

WOOT! Miss Sarah is here! HUGS to you. I am glad that you decided to join us!

You laugh because I am different. I laugh because you are all the same.

http://myshakeology.com/esuite/home/7dawn

http://www.teambeachbody.com/home
7dawn
7dawn
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Marie on Fri May 15, 2009 8:40 pm

Welcome, Sarah!! Great to have you here!
Marie
Marie

http://www.triparoundsun.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CountryGirl72 on Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:11 am

Hi! I was using the greydove_ld ID but for some reason it is not letting me access or giving me a way to change my password, and so I hope no one minds but I am starting all over!
I am Lenora, I live in Texas with my DH of over 17 years, we have a DD17, a DD12, and a DS8 whom we homeschool. We also now have 2 cats, 1 German Shepherd, 1 Lab/Newfoundland, and 1 Lab/GSD/Chow/who knows what that were all rescued. Bear (our Loony Newfie) is not full grown yet and he can stick his head on the table now! EASILY.... and he is only going to get bigger.
I also teach piano, guitar, and voice from our home and we are going to be helping a neighbor with SMC stuff and we also crochet, sew, do jewelry, and want to start getting leather for DH and DS to start working in leather.
Now.... since I can't access the greydove_ld ID, I guess I will save the information for this ID and keep it in a SAFE spot for my absent mind to be able to find easily so I don't lose it! And I hope to be able to be here more often than I was before.
Lenora in Texas
CountryGirl72
CountryGirl72

http://www.tastefullysimple.com/web/lday

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine on Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:29 am

Hi Lenora,
Glad you made it back to us. Smile Not sure why your grey dove isn't working, but glad you came back.

Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CountryGirl72 on Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:37 am

Smile LOL I am glad to be back too!
For a bit I was typing one handed so did not type much. Liam yanked the leash out of my hands on the 10th of June and hurt my hand, mainly my right ring finger and middle fingers, so they were taped for a bit (duc tape works wonders! LOL)
but I am getting my strength back in that hand and able to play a bit (played Oe to Joy from the Accelerated Music Adventures book for my student that is getting to that piece today and did pretty good!) and I even took BOTH dogs out today (Liam and Bear - Ginger we are keeping seperate from those two beasts until she heals from getting spayed).
Anyway GOOD TO BE BACK! and nope, have no clue why greydove is not working for me. But, hey... this ID will work! Smile
Lenora
CountryGirl72
CountryGirl72

http://www.tastefullysimple.com/web/lday

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine on Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:14 am

Glad you're on the mend. Smile

Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lbjack on Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:55 am

My name is Linda. I am a 70 y/o widow living in central Illinois. I am a Christian lady and am very involved in church activities. I live by myself and have a dog named Sundance. I am interested in doing a little gardening, but probably will limit it to tomatoes and pepper plants. I have three daughters and seven living grandchildren, ranging from early 20's to five y/o/ I enjoy reading,knitting, visiting with friends,and of course the computer. Looks like there are many interesting topics here.

lbjack

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine on Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:47 am

Hi Linda and welcome to our family. Smile I grew up in Rockford IL, but it's been quite some time since I lived there. I hope you will jump in with both feet and make yourself at home here. Oh, BTW, my name is Katrina.

Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PATRICE IN IL on Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:21 am

Hi Linda! Smile

I'm glad you made your way over from just frugal. These are a bunch of very friendly christian folks, look around and make yourself at home.
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Take a few moments to introduce yourself Empty New to this site

Post by george on Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:43 am

Hi. My name is George. I am new to this site. I have been building a place near Herkimer New York (Dolgeville/Norway) to which I would like to move to in the next couple of years. My interests are in homesteading and organic gardening and finding a group of people who love the Lord and are interested in Christian community values, although not living together. Is there anyone out there close to this area? I hope to hear from you . thanks

george

Back to top Go down

Post by PATRICE IN IL on Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:14 am

Welcome to the group, take a look around and make yourself at home. If you have questions, ask away and we'll try to answer whatever we can.
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine on Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:34 am

Hi George, and welcome. I'm not sure where Herkimer is, but we do have some people that live in New York here. Hope you find a home here. The people who are here are wonderful and bless me every day when I read their posts. Looking forward to learning more about you.

Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wawa7 on Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:29 am

Hi.
My name is Laura. I've been a Christian for over 16 years now. I'm excited to see what others are doing with their faith, homesteading, and etc!!! I am mom to three kids, all have special needs. I live in Kansas. We're right on the edge of the country. Someday we hope to move further out! In the meantime, I'm an avid organic gardener, I love to fish, love the outdoors, and I'm always looking to learn more. And I'm glad to have found you/be here....

wawa7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine on Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:27 pm

Hi Laura. I'm glad you joined us. Please don't hesitate to post away. It seems we get new members that never post. Sad I also have a special needs child. To me, having Ty is a great reminder of how much God loves us. He's the most loving person I have ever met. I look forward to sharing and learning from one another.

Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PATRICE IN IL on Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:50 pm

Welcome Laura, glad you joined our group. Smile
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rohn on Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:23 am

Hi all. My name is Rohn and I am from Ohio. I am a minister, but have many other things that interest me too. Some of the things I do are: I work leather, am a woodworker and turner, love to garden, shoot, hunt, and fish. In the past I have raised rabbits, turkeys, chickens, honey bees, and a few dogs. I am glad to find this site and hope to learn some things here. I am anxiously awaiting spring and gardening.
Rohn
Rohn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine on Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:02 am

Hi Rohn and welcome to our little corner of the world. This forum isn't as chatty as others, but it's full of wonderful people. I hope that you find all you are looking for here and if I can help you in any way, don't hesitate to ask. You'll find those on here to be friendly and willing to share whatever info they can. You'll also find those who are willing to pray when you need a prayer partner. I'm glad you joined us and hope you will jump right in. Smile We need more regular posters on here. Also, since you're a minister I hope you'll post some in the Bible studies section when you are able to.

Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by backtotheland on Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:05 pm

Hello all! My name is Donna and I'm not really new to this forum but have just come back after a long absence.

I live in a wonderful little town north of New York City. I tried to start my own homestead, many, many times, but it wasn't in God's plan for me and I've finally accepted that. I rent a lovely mobile home just down the road from my friend Joan's lower farm and that is where I will be doing my homesteading now. She keeps her sheep there in the summer and plans are in the works to set up a small creamery. She is a wonderful friend and is going to let me keep some chickens, milk goats and angora rabbits down there in exchange for helping her with the chores and getting the creamery set up.

My hobbies include all things "homesteady", if that's a word. I process and spin my own fiber and knit it into hats, gloves, mittens, socks (my favorite), shawls, and other things. I love to garden and cook and bake. There is a small Farmer's Market on the Town Square in the summer and it is my plan to get the kitchen certified and sell baked goods and garden produce there. The lady I rent the mobile home from has a horse (right outside my window) and she already started me a garden bed with compost and leaves. I also love to can and preserve and live as frugally as possibly.

I took retirement last year from my job as a Medical Transcriptionist after being in the health care field for 23 years because my kids needed my help (oldest daughter lost her house in the flood last year, son was moving home from Washington State, and youngest daughter was trying to get through college and get married). I thought I would be okay "retired" but financially it was a diaster. I tried to find jobs not in health care but that didn't work. One day in September I stopped in to see my old boss and she threw her arms around me and asked me to come back. I can only work 1000 a year but that amounts to three six hours a day and I will be working from home again by the week after Thanksgiving, if not before. Needless to say I'm a very, very happy camper. We talked my first day back and she said she felt I really needed to do what I did because I had burned myself out always being there when they needed me no matter what was going on in my life and she was right and I knew it. She said she was goingto watch me to make sure I didn't do it again. Well, actually the hospital will do it for her because if I work more than 1000 hours, so much as 1001 as a matter of fact, they will get in trouble with the government because of something to do with having to put me back in the retirement plan after I was already there and took the money last year.That's alright, I'm setting up my own retirement plan.

Well, I've rambled on long enough. I'm very glad Sonshine let me come back, AGAIN, as I've missed the supportive attitude of everyone on the board. I feel now I'm in the right place because I let go and let God put me where he wanted me. Thanks Sonshine for all your support.

backtotheland

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum