Christian Homesteaders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Like/Tweet/+1
Latest topics
» The Beast Revelation
Disease Proof Your Home EmptyMon Jun 11, 2018 2:24 am by michae1

» Facebook page
Disease Proof Your Home EmptySun Feb 11, 2018 9:19 am by dizzy

» Hilarious video A little garden fun by the cowboy poet Baxter Black
Disease Proof Your Home EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 12:54 am by mountainmama

» An Insurrection Coming
Disease Proof Your Home EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 6:52 am by 12acrehome

» Patrice's Patch Garden Journal
Disease Proof Your Home EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 8:47 am by PATRICE IN IL

» lambs and ewes
Disease Proof Your Home EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 11:46 pm by Farmfresh

» Irish Cuisine Class/Demonstration Recipes
Disease Proof Your Home EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 6:13 am by PATRICE IN IL

» Prayer request for my dh's aunt
Disease Proof Your Home EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 8:55 pm by PATRICE IN IL

» How has your day been and what's for dinner...................
Disease Proof Your Home EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 5:43 am by PATRICE IN IL

Keywords

Sloppy  recipes  Seasoning  Taco  

Affiliates
free forum

Top posting users this week
No user

Disease Proof Your Home

2 posters

Go down

Disease Proof Your Home Empty Disease Proof Your Home

Post by Sonshine Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:27 pm

http://www.survive-economic-collapse.com/blog/how-to-disease-proof-your-home-440.html

How To Disease Proof Your Home
The Ultimate Home Health Care Defense
Against Airborne Infectious Disease

Dateline 1918:

At the height of the worst killer flu outbreak ever seen, U.S. Army troops were loaded by the thousands, onto ships for transport to Europe to do battle against the German Kaiser (WWI). The world must have seemed turned upside down. With 4,500 influenza related deaths reported in one week alone in Philadelphia, soldiers were more fearful of coming down with the flu then they were of dying from a German bullet…And rightfully so.

During just one Atlantic crossing of 10,000 U.S. troops, 4,000 died from influenza contracted while on-board ship. Soldiers were scared to death of going below deck for fear of becoming exposed. The open air afforded by being top side was their only safe haven. And so it was, WWI provided the mechanism to spread the great flu pandemic of 1918.

250,000 German soldiers and 44,000 American soldiers died on the war's front from this virus, rather than from bullets. Many more thousands died behind the front. Little has been said about it, but the flu pandemic probably did more to put an end to the war than any military might could muster. World wide, an estimated 20 to 30 million people died from that flu outbreak.

Little was understood about flu outbreaks back in 1918. Today we know that influenza is caused by a class of viruses that are among the most infectious pathogens known to man. They are just as much a threat today as they were in 1918.

Once inhaled, the virus infects the cells lining the respiratory tract. If the infected person's immune system happens to be compromised or weak, the infection can cause high fever, body aches and pains and pneumonia. Symptoms can vary in intensity which makes the flu difficult to distinguish from a cold. Even worse, a totally immune person can become a carrier of a virus, infecting other people less fortunate.

The human body, is fully capable of staving off the most infectious of diseases…IF…its immune system is working at full throttle. But we know from statistical data a full blown influenza epidemic would today kill off an estimated 100 to 120 million people, exactly because their immune systems are compromised. A human body with such a system is not capable of defending itself against a virulent viral invasion.

Everyone is a Carrier…

This bit of history and background underscores the importance of making enclosed spaces, like our homes, safe from infectious diseases. Back in 1918, kids played skip rope while singing this tune…

"I had a little bird, it's name was Enza.
I opened a window and in-flew-Enza."

We cannot prevent our kids, even today, from coming in contact with a flu virus or from carrying it home, but we can do something to purge our homes and respiratory tracts of infectious pathogens.

Where the Rubber Meets the Road…

Researchers at Weber State University are spraying therapeutic grade essential oils within enclosed atmospheres in controlled tests, to measure their effectiveness against various airborne, life-threatening pathogens. What they have found and reported can literally save your family's life. Diffusing essential oils in a micro-fine vapor (within an enclosed atmosphere like a home), effectively destroys infectious pathogens…while at the same time boosting one's immunity system.

The Weber State study proved conclusively that essential oils are even more effective and reliable than such antibiotics as Penicillin and Ampicillin. A virus or bacteria will mutate to defend itself against vaccines and antibiotics, but no pathogen has ever been known to mutate when confronted with essential oils. Microscopic photo's dramatically recorded the massive breakdown (lysis) of pathogenic life-forms taken during the tests.

Specific oils which proved most effective include cinnamon, oregano, thyme and two proprietary blends of oil formulated by Young Living Research Lab called ImmuPower and Purification. ImmuPower is a blend of oils containing frankincense, oregano, wild tansy, black cumin. clove, hyssop, ravensara and mountain savory oils. The Purification blend of oils is formulated using citronella, lemongrass and melaleuca oil.

Previously, Dr. Jean C. Lapraz, the famed French researcher, reported in 1985 that he couldn't find a single bacteria or virus that could live in the presence of the essential oils of cinnamon or oregano. Today, from the Weber State study, we know of many other essential oils that are as equally effective.

Put a Diffuser in Your Home…

Diffusing essential oils in your home is easy to do, but it's knowing what to do and doing it that matters. To begin, essential oils are volatile. That is, they quickly evaporate, which makes them ideal for purifying the air within a home or office. People may place a drop or two on the vents of a furnace or air conditioner. The air passing over the vent will disperse the oil vapor. Other methods employ the use of a fan by placing a few drops of oil on the fan housing. But the most efficient method uses a device made specifically for diffusing called a diffuser.

Commercial diffusers typically disperse the oil in micro-fine or molecule size vapors, which quickly saturate the air. Because the vapors are micro-fine, they can remain suspended for up to several hours. By using such a diffuser, everyone, pets included, will inhale the vapors as they breathe. As the vapors reach the interior of the respiratory tract, the chemical molecules of the oil go to work against invaders and penetrate into the blood stream. The whole body benefits as the oils work synergistically with the body's defenses.

The most common diffusers consist of an air pump, oil well and a glass nebulizer connected by flexible air tubing. The pump can be set on the floor or under an end table out of sight. Many people hook diffusers up to a timer, which allows it to turn on and off automatically. The whole assembly is easy to assemble and to clean.

I have been diffusing essential oils for nine years,and am satisfied that diffusing really works and keeps the flu bug away. People all about me fall ill in the Fall, but I remain healthy. I typically run the diffuser twice a day for about 30 minutes, though other people run diffusers for longer periods of time. I use a variety of oils, but the one I use most often is the Young Living blend called Purification. It has a clean smell which fills the whole house.

Because essential oils are antiviral, antibacterial, antifungal in property, they not only kill viruses and bacteria, they help to reduce fungus and mold in dark damp places like basements.

I encourage you to buy a diffuser for your home. You are sure to love diffusing essential oils for their wonderful fragrances. But most of all, you will have peace of mind knowing you have placed an antiviral and antibacterial protective barrier between your family and the rest of the world.

If you would like more specific information, send me a request. Type "Send diffuser Info" in the subject line, and send it to lyngroup@inwave.com. You'll receive information back with resources to locate a diffuser and oils.

References:

1. Doomsday Flu, video production, History Channel
2. Rolling Stone, Killer Flu. January 22, 98
3. Weber State University, Essential Oil Research Study, 97/98
4. Aromatherapy, the Essential beginning, by D. Gary Young,
Essential Press pub, 96

Prepare for the worst and pray for the best.

Jim Lynn
Survive Economic Collapse
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

https://christianhomesteader.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Disease Proof Your Home Empty Re: Disease Proof Your Home

Post by got6kids Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:01 am

I am convinced that God has given us the tools to keep ourselves healthy outside of man made medicine. Surprised)
Of course our first line of defense should always be nourishing our bodies with wholesome life giving foods...Not always easy in todays society but nonetheless essential.
I am a huge proponent of using essential oil. One of my personal favorites is tea tree oil. When I was in college I ran an experiment using tea tree. Now mind you, hardly anyone had even heard of it back then. I introduced multiple strains of bacteria and fungi to the agar containing it and another containing triclosan (a popular antibacterial)...To my amazement virtually NOTHING grew on the agar that had the tea tree and lots of "yuck" grew on the other...WOW!
My son has chronic throat infections due to very large crypted tonsils. He gets a horrible throat infection with high fevers at least once a month(at least he used to). The doctors wanted to remove his tonsils, which my husband and I didn't want to do if it wasn't absolutely necessary...So we began having him gargle once a day with a solution of warm water, unrefined sea salt and a couple of drops of the oil...What do you know? NO THROAT INFECTIONS!
The uses for essential oils and medicinal herbs is endless. We serve a GREAT GOD who has given us so many good things!! Surprised)

got6kids

Back to top Go down