Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Like/Tweet/+1
Latest topics
» The Beast Revelation
HELP I lost most of the liquid from my collard greens EmptyMon Jun 11, 2018 2:24 am by michae1

» Facebook page
HELP I lost most of the liquid from my collard greens EmptySun Feb 11, 2018 9:19 am by dizzy

» Hilarious video A little garden fun by the cowboy poet Baxter Black
HELP I lost most of the liquid from my collard greens EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 12:54 am by mountainmama

» An Insurrection Coming
HELP I lost most of the liquid from my collard greens EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 6:52 am by 12acrehome

» Patrice's Patch Garden Journal
HELP I lost most of the liquid from my collard greens EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 8:47 am by PATRICE IN IL

» lambs and ewes
HELP I lost most of the liquid from my collard greens EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 11:46 pm by Farmfresh

» Irish Cuisine Class/Demonstration Recipes
HELP I lost most of the liquid from my collard greens EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 6:13 am by PATRICE IN IL

» Prayer request for my dh's aunt
HELP I lost most of the liquid from my collard greens EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 8:55 pm by PATRICE IN IL

» How has your day been and what's for dinner...................
HELP I lost most of the liquid from my collard greens EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 5:43 am by PATRICE IN IL

Keywords

Sloppy  Seasoning  Taco  

Affiliates
free forum

Top posting users this week

HELP I lost most of the liquid from my collard greens

Go down

HELP I lost most of the liquid from my collard greens Empty HELP I lost most of the liquid from my collard greens

Post by Sonshine on Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:26 am

I have never canned collard greens before, but this year I thought I would try. I followed the directions on how long and how much pressure. They look lovely, except most of the liquid is gone. I was wondering if I could open them up and add more water and just water bath can them instead of going through the whole pressure canning routine again. Also, why did this happen? Did we do something wrong to cause the water to escape? The jars all sealed.

Proverbs 28:19[b]
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

http://christianhomesteader.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

HELP I lost most of the liquid from my collard greens Empty Re: HELP I lost most of the liquid from my collard greens

Post by squeezinby on Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:09 am

Do not do the water bath idea. You will be letting yourself open for poisoning. If you do open and add water you will need to pressor process again. I vaguely remember my mother had that happen one year when I was growing up and she just left them the way they where and added water when she went to cook them for a meal. They tasted fine.
If they look good and are all sealed then I would leave them alone.

Amen
squeezinby
squeezinby

Back to top Go down