Christian Homesteaders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Like/Tweet/+1
Latest topics
» The Beast Revelation
The Day of the Lord EmptyMon Jun 11, 2018 2:24 am by michae1

» Facebook page
The Day of the Lord EmptySun Feb 11, 2018 9:19 am by dizzy

» Hilarious video A little garden fun by the cowboy poet Baxter Black
The Day of the Lord EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 12:54 am by mountainmama

» An Insurrection Coming
The Day of the Lord EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 6:52 am by 12acrehome

» Patrice's Patch Garden Journal
The Day of the Lord EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 8:47 am by PATRICE IN IL

» lambs and ewes
The Day of the Lord EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 11:46 pm by Farmfresh

» Irish Cuisine Class/Demonstration Recipes
The Day of the Lord EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 6:13 am by PATRICE IN IL

» Prayer request for my dh's aunt
The Day of the Lord EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 8:55 pm by PATRICE IN IL

» How has your day been and what's for dinner...................
The Day of the Lord EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 5:43 am by PATRICE IN IL

Keywords

Seasoning  recipes  Taco  Sloppy  

Affiliates
free forum

Top posting users this week
No user

The Day of the Lord

Go down

The Day of the Lord Empty The Day of the Lord

Post by Sonshine Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:16 am

Now, before we see how the Day of the Lord fits into the 70th week of Daniel, we have to understand exactly what it is.

This event called the Day of the Lord, without question, is spoken of more times in the Bible than any other prophetic event. When was the last time you heard a sermon on the Day of the Lord??
Simply stated: The Day of the Lord is a future time when the Lord will unleash terrible judgment upon the world and the nation Israel.
This phrase the Day of the Lord, His Day, the Time of His Wrath, the Day of Christ all refer to that terrible time of judgment God will unleash upon the earth. He will, once and for all, purge the world of sin, and bring in everlasting righteousness.

Isaiah speaks of it. Ezekiel speaks of it. Joel speaks of it. Jeremiah, Amos, Zephaniah, Malachi, and Obadiah speak of it. Paul speaks of it. Peter speaks of it. And the book of Revelation speaks of it in great detail.

And may I also add, that when we speak of the Day of the Lord it is in contrast to man's day. We are living in man's day. Man is rebelling against God. God's day, the Day of the Lord, is coming.

When we talk about the Day of the Lord, we are not talking about a 24 hour period. For example, we use the term today, "your day is coming" (we're not speaking so much of a 24 hour day, but of retribution--you'll get yours someday). The Day of the Lord refers to a coming day when man's sin will be full, and when it reaches that fullness, God in essence says "no more, enough". And then he directly intervenes and judges the earth.

Now, there are two primary things that are going to happen in relation to the Day of the Lord:

He's going to deliver the righteous. Before God begins to judge the earth, he will remove the righteous out, because in 1 Thess 5:9, Paul says that "God has not appointed us to wrath but to obtain deliverance in Jesus Christ". God's wrath is poured out during the Day of the Lord, and we are not appointed unto wrath. (We'll say more about that later)

His judgment will be poured out on the earth. If you have ever read the events that will occur when the trumpets are blown and the bowls are poured out, you know how terrible that day will be. It will be awful. God is love, but his holiness, and justice require his intervention.
Let me show you a good comparison:

Gen 6:5 And GOD saw that the wickedness of man [was] great in the earth, and [that] every imagination of the thoughts of his heart [was] only evil continually.
Gen 6:6 And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.
Gen 6:7 And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.
The Day of the Lord will be just like that. In fact, let's see what Jesus says about this time.

Luk 17:26 And as it was in the days of Noe, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man.
Luk 17:27 They did eat, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, and the flood came, and destroyed them all.
Luk 17:28 Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded;
Luk 17:29 But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed [them] all.
Luk 17:30 Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed.
And Isaiah:
Isa 13:6 Howl ye; for the day of the LORD [is] at hand; it shall come as a destruction from the Almighty.
Isa 13:7 Therefore shall all hands be faint, and every man's heart shall melt:
Isa 13:8 And they shall be afraid: pangs and sorrows shall take hold of them; they shall be in pain as a woman that travaileth: they shall be amazed one at another; their faces [shall be as] flames.
Isa 13:9 Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, cruel both with wrath and fierce anger, to lay the land desolate: and he shall destroy the sinners thereof out of it.
Isa 13:10 For the stars of heaven and the constellations thereof shall not give their light: the sun shall be darkened in his going forth, and the moon shall not cause her light to shine.
Isa 13:11 And I will punish the world for [their] evil, and the wicked for their iniquity; and I will cause the arrogancy of the proud to cease, and will lay low the haughtiness of the terrible.
Isa 13:12 I will make a man more precious than fine gold; even a man than the golden wedge of Ophir.
Isa 13:13 Therefore I will shake the heavens, and the earth shall remove out of her place, in the wrath of the LORD of hosts, and in the day of his fierce anger.
Isa 13:14 And it shall be as the chased roe, and as a sheep that no man taketh up: they shall every man turn to his own people, and flee every one into his own land.
Isa 13:15 Every one that is found shall be thrust through; and every one that is joined [unto them] shall fall by the sword.
Isa 13:16 Their children also shall be dashed to pieces before their eyes; their houses shall be spoiled, and their wives ravished.
Isa 13:17 Behold, I will stir up the Medes against them, which shall not regard silver; and [as for] gold, they shall not delight in it.
Isa 13:18 [Their] bows also shall dash the young men to pieces; and they shall have no pity on the fruit of the womb; their eye shall not spare children.
Isa 13:19 And Babylon, the glory of kingdoms, the beauty of the Chaldees' excellency, shall be as when God overthrew Sodom and Gomorrah.
Isa 13:20 It shall never be inhabited, neither shall it be dwelt in from generation to generation: neither shall the Arabian pitch tent there; neither shall the shepherds make their fold there.
Isa 13:21 But wild beasts of the desert shall lie there; and their houses shall be full of doleful creatures; and owls shall dwell there, and satyrs shall dance there.
Isa 13:22 And the wild beasts of the islands shall cry in their desolate houses, and dragons in [their] pleasant palaces: and her time [is] near to come, and her days shall not be prolonged.
And Joel:
Joe 2:1 Blow ye the trumpet in Zion, and sound an alarm in my holy mountain: let all the inhabitants of the land tremble: for the day of the LORD cometh, for [it is] nigh at hand;
Joe 2:2 A day of darkness and of gloominess, a day of clouds and of thick darkness, as the morning spread upon the mountains: a great people and a strong; there hath not been ever the like, neither shall be any more after it, [even] to the years of many generations.
Joe 2:3 A fire devoureth before them; and behind them a flame burneth: the land [is] as the garden of Eden before them, and behind them a desolate wilderness; yea, and nothing shall escape them.
Joe 2:10 The earth shall quake before them; the heavens shall tremble: the sun and the moon shall be dark, and the stars shall withdraw their shining:
Joe 2:11 And the LORD shall utter his voice before his army: for his camp [is] very great: for [he is] strong that executeth his word: for the day of the LORD [is] great and very terrible; and who can abide it?
And Zephaniah:
Zep 1:14 The great day of the LORD [is] near, [it is] near, and hasteth greatly, [even] the voice of the day of the LORD: the mighty man shall cry there bitterly.
Zep 1:15 That day [is] a day of wrath, a day of trouble and distress, a day of wasteness and desolation, a day of darkness and gloominess, a day of clouds and thick darkness,
Zep 1:16 A day of the trumpet and alarm against the fenced cities, and against the high towers.
Zep 1:17 And I will bring distress upon men, that they shall walk like blind men, because they have sinned against the LORD: and their blood shall be poured out as dust, and their flesh as the dung.
Zep 1:18 Neither their silver nor their gold shall be able to deliver them in the day of the LORD'S wrath; but the whole land shall be devoured by the fire of his jealousy: for he shall make even a speedy riddance of all them that dwell in the land.
And Amos:
Amo 5:18 Woe unto you that desire the day of the LORD! to what end [is] it for you? the day of the LORD [is] darkness, and not light.
Amo 5:19 As if a man did flee from a lion, and a bear met him; or went into the house, and leaned his hand on the wall, and a serpent bit him.
Amo 5:20 [Shall] not the day of the LORD [be] darkness, and not light? even very dark, and no brightness in it?
(You know who was desiring the Day of the Lord--the Jews. Do you know why? Because they thought it would be the day when God would judge the gentiles, and they would have it good. And they have to be corrected, and the prophets keep correcting them)

The Day of the Lord will be when God judges the entire world for sin, Jew and Gentile! There are numerous other passages that speak of this day, but I think you get the point. The Day of the Lord is awful. It is a time of judgment. A time of darkness. A time of fire. A time of humbling for man. It is God's Day. It is the wrath of God.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

https://christianhomesteader.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum