Christian Homesteaders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Like/Tweet/+1
Latest topics
» The Beast Revelation
I got a knifty knitter for Christmas EmptyMon Jun 11, 2018 2:24 am by michae1

» Facebook page
I got a knifty knitter for Christmas EmptySun Feb 11, 2018 9:19 am by dizzy

» Hilarious video A little garden fun by the cowboy poet Baxter Black
I got a knifty knitter for Christmas EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 12:54 am by mountainmama

» An Insurrection Coming
I got a knifty knitter for Christmas EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 6:52 am by 12acrehome

» Patrice's Patch Garden Journal
I got a knifty knitter for Christmas EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 8:47 am by PATRICE IN IL

» lambs and ewes
I got a knifty knitter for Christmas EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 11:46 pm by Farmfresh

» Irish Cuisine Class/Demonstration Recipes
I got a knifty knitter for Christmas EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 6:13 am by PATRICE IN IL

» Prayer request for my dh's aunt
I got a knifty knitter for Christmas EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 8:55 pm by PATRICE IN IL

» How has your day been and what's for dinner...................
I got a knifty knitter for Christmas EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 5:43 am by PATRICE IN IL

Keywords

Taco  recipes  Sloppy  Seasoning  

Affiliates
free forum

Top posting users this week
No user

I got a knifty knitter for Christmas

2 posters

Go down

I got a knifty knitter for Christmas Empty I got a knifty knitter for Christmas

Post by Sonshine Fri May 08, 2009 1:35 pm

Anyone else use a knitting loom? All I've made so far was a hat, and you can tell I still need a LOT of help in learning how to use it. LOL
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

https://christianhomesteader.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

I got a knifty knitter for Christmas Empty Re: I got a knifty knitter for Christmas

Post by My1SqueakyShoe Sat May 09, 2009 1:29 pm

Sonshine wrote:Anyone else use a knitting loom? All I've made so far was a hat, and you can tell I still need a LOT of help in learning how to use it. LOL

I found a 'loom' in Walmart and had wondered how it would work. I would think that was fun. Is that the kind of loom you have. The one that I saw was a square and had spikes coming out of it.....
My1SqueakyShoe
My1SqueakyShoe

Back to top Go down

I got a knifty knitter for Christmas Empty Re: I got a knifty knitter for Christmas

Post by Sonshine Sat May 09, 2009 7:39 pm

They have round ones and oblong ones. Not sure about square ones. But yes, it has spikes coming out of it. I think the reason I was originally drawn to it was because my Dad use to make spool looms for us when we were kids by taking a wooden thread spool and putting nails in the top. We would wrap thread or yarn around the nails and it made a sort of rope looking thing. When we got it long enough we would make pot holders out of the ropes. It was pretty neat.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by My1SqueakyShoe Sun May 10, 2009 2:39 am

Sonshine wrote: I think the reason I was originally drawn to it was because my Dad use to make spool looms for us when we were kids by taking a wooden thread spool and putting nails in the top.

My best friend in Jr High did this as a hobby and it made me think of her too when I saw them...... I think she even made the class book markers out of her tubes.... Wow has that been a long time ago!!!!!! I saw a book at Hobby Lobby that was a 'How To' on making socks on a loom..... Ohhhhhhh I want to do that....
My1SqueakyShoe
My1SqueakyShoe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Sun May 10, 2009 2:44 am

Since Christmas I have picked up other looms. I have all different sizes and shapes. Now I just need someone to help me learn how to use them. lol!
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum