» Patrice's Patch Garden Journal
Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:47 am by PATRICE IN IL

» lambs and ewes
Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:46 pm by Farmfresh

» Irish Cuisine Class/Demonstration Recipes
Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:13 am by PATRICE IN IL

» Prayer request for my dh's aunt
Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:55 pm by PATRICE IN IL

» How has your day been and what's for dinner...................
Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:43 am by PATRICE IN IL

Keywords

Taco  Sloppy  Seasoning  

Affiliates
free forum

Top posting users this week

U.S. in Bible Prophecy

Go down

U.S. in Bible Prophecy

Post by Sonshine on Thu May 21, 2009 1:43 am

U.S. in Bible Prophecy – Dr. David Reagan - www.lamblion.us

Q) Why is the United States not specifically mentioned in end-time Bible prophecy?

This is one of the major mysteries of end-time Bible prophecy. I recently interviewed Bible prophecy expert Terry James, author of The American Apocalypse: Is the United States in Bible Prophecy? Below are some of the insights he shared with me.

A) That is a strange thing because certainly the United States is the most powerful nation that's every existed on the face of the earth. It is the most blessed materially and certainly one of the most blessed spiritually that's ever existed. But, I think it's not mentioned for specific reasons.

It has deserted its mission, which was basically two-fold in my view. The first was to get the technology that would eventually get the Bible to the whole world. And that we have done and we continue to do, and maybe that's one of our saving graces up to this point considering how far we've fallen in so many areas.

The second thing I think is to be the protector. Now, God doesn't need anybody to protect Israel. But in the human sense, I think that the United States has been used as a mighty weapon to keep other nations from completely overrunning Israel.

So America has had those two primary missions and I think we're still in the process of doing the first one and that is to bring the Gospel message to the whole world through the technology we develop. But the second, we are beginning to stray from dealing with Israel. We know that Genesis 12:3 says that, "God says I will bless those who bless three, curse those who curse thee."

Q) What is the evidence that we have really strayed from that and that God's judgment may be upon us at this time?

A) America has begun to stray in a major way with dealing with Israel as we have put pressure on Israel to give up land for peace. What is particularly troubling is they've been pressured to give up part of east Jerusalem to a new Palestinian state — a "Two State Solution" they call it. And this, I can tell you, from God's Word flies in the face of the Lord. Anybody who touches Jerusalem touches the apple of His eye according to God and that's exactly what has happened. Joel 3:2 says that "I'll bring all the nations of the world into the valley of Jehoshaphat for dealing unjustly with my people Israel" — and that's exactly what's happened!

But, there are so many other things, too. Paul's perilous time of 2 Timothy 3 just runs rampant throughout America, from the proud boasts we see in all the political process and in every strata of American life, all the way through to people who become fierce, who become lovers of pleasure more than lovers of God — all these things. Particularly, I find a problem is the verse about "without natural affection." Paul says this and it's particularly applicable to abortion. More than fifty million babies have been murdered in their wombs since Roe v. Wade in 1973.

Secondly, the homosexual issue and the gay rights issue that is just pandemic. Every major empire that's ever crashed has had at the very end of its lifespan homosexuality, from Lot's time onward.

Q) I have found that many people, including Christians, believe that God's sitting on his throne wrapped in an American flag and that He would never ever touch the United States of America. Is that true?

A) Well, of course we both know that's just foolishness. Israel, who God calls "His chosen people," He has certainly taken them to the woodshed on many occasions. That in itself tells you how that America or no other entity is above God and His ways.

Q) Why isn't the United States mentioned in end-time Bible prophecy?

A) I really believe that this nation is going to come down hard when the Rapture occurs. There will be chaos beyond belief and I believe personally that every single child below the age of accountability (that age when they know to accept Christ or refuse), will be gone in an instant. Just that alone is going to cause chaos beyond imagination. God's going to make a definite statement, in my opinion, at that very moment about when life begins, because every woman left behind, I believe, who is pregnant will at that moment lose that child and they will be without that baby.

I think when the Rapture occurs it's going to be a complete collapse, not only of America but the whole economic situation. The scenario as I see it is that America will cease to be a super power because it will have lost its equilibrium.

Q) What do you think will be the result of the chaos that would occur with the Rapture?

A) I think the European Union is the answer now. I believe at that time America and its leadership, which will have been devastated, is going to look for a strong way to restore equilibrium. The United States, with its great power and technology, is going to be accepted into the European Union and become a part of it.

Proverbs 28:19[b]
Sonshine
Admin

http://christianhomesteader.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: U.S. in Bible Prophecy

Post by Sonshine on Thu May 21, 2009 1:45 am

My take on the above article, I agree that America is not mentioned in end time prophecies, although many have tried to place her there. I don't believe that we will either be completely turned into a 3rd world country or simply be destroyed. Either way, we have turned our backs on God's chosen, the Jews, and the Bible is clear in what happens when we do this:
Joel 3:2 says that "I'll bring all the nations of the world into the valley of Jehoshaphat for dealing unjustly with my people Israel"

Proverbs 28:19[b]
Sonshine
Admin

http://christianhomesteader.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Parsons Wife on Sat May 23, 2009 12:43 pm

None of this means that the United States won't be judged as a nation and become a 3rd world country before the rapture occurs. 3rd world countries have suffered immensely, yet because we are so wealthy we somehow think we are exempt from this kind of judgment. Well, as for my opinion, no nation that sacrificed her children lasted more than 300 years. The blood of every aborted child for the sake of convenience is on our hands as a nation. And the just will suffer along with the unjust. I hope Jesus DOES come before this happens, but I doubt it. Just like Billy Graham supposedly said, "if we aren't judged soon, then God will have to apologize to Sodom and Gomorrah". I think the things happening now in this once great country are just the beginning.
Parsons Wife

http://elseacroft.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down