Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Like/Tweet/+1
Latest topics
» Hilarious video A little garden fun by the cowboy poet Baxter Black
Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:54 am by mountainmama

» Facebook page
Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:48 pm by dizzy

» An Insurrection Coming
Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:52 am by 12acrehome

» Patrice's Patch Garden Journal
Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:47 am by PATRICE IN IL

» lambs and ewes
Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:46 pm by Farmfresh

» Irish Cuisine Class/Demonstration Recipes
Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:13 am by PATRICE IN IL

» Prayer request for my dh's aunt
Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:55 pm by PATRICE IN IL

» How has your day been and what's for dinner...................
Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:43 am by PATRICE IN IL

» Anyone Interested? - Pumpkin Seeds
Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:46 am by PATRICE IN IL

Keywords

Affiliates
free forum

Top posting users this week


The U.S. Government Has Become Patently Anti-Christian

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The U.S. Government Has Become Patently Anti-Christian

Post by Sonshine on Thu May 21, 2009 1:40 am

The U.S. Government Has Become Patently Anti-Christian - By Chuck Baldwin - www.chuckbaldwinlive.com

From the writings of Columbus to the Mayflower Compact, to the Declaration of Independence, America's founders clearly and articulately enshrined bedrock Christian principles in the foundation of this country.

For example, in explaining the purpose of his journey that led to the discovery of the new world, Christopher Columbus said, "It was the Lord who put into my mind--I could feel His hand upon me--the fact that it would be possible to sail from here to the Indies . . . All who heard of my project rejected it with laughter, ridiculing me . . . There is no question that the inspiration was from the Holy Spirit, because he comforted me with rays of marvelous illumination from the Holy Scriptures . . . For the execution of the journey to the Indies I did not make use of intelligence, mathematics, or maps. It is simply the fulfillment of what Isaiah had prophesied . . . No one should fear to undertake any task in the name of our Savior, if it is just and if the intention is purely for His Holy service . . . the fact that the Gospel must still be preached to so many lands in such a short time--this is what convinces me." (Source: Columbus' Book of Prophecies)

Our pilgrim fathers wrote in the Mayflower Compact, "In the name of God, Amen. We whose names are underwritten . . . Having undertaken, for the glory of God and the advancement of the Christian faith . . . a voyage to plant the first colony in the Northern parts of Virginia."

In the Declaration of Independence, Thomas Jefferson invokes our Creator-God no less than four times. In fact, Jefferson predicates the Declaration on "the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God" and concludes the Declaration with an appeal to the "Supreme Judge of the world for the rectitude of our intentions" and with "a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence."

Attorney and author, John Whitehead, in his book, The Separation Illusion, rightly noted, "In 1892, the United States Supreme Court made an exhaustive study of the supposed connection between Christianity and the government of the United States. After reviewing hundreds of volumes of historical documents, the Court asserted, 'These references . . . add a volume of unofficial declarations to the mass of organic utterances that this is a religious people . . . a Christian nation.' Likewise, in 1931, Supreme Court Justice George Sutherland reviewed the 1892 decision in reference to another case and reiterated that Americans are a 'Christian people.' And in 1952, Justice William O. Douglas affirmed that 'we are a religious people and our institutions presuppose a Supreme Being.'"

Accordingly, our U. S. Constitution is dated: (1) from the birth of Christ, and (2) from the birth of our independence (Article. VII.). Secondly, the Constitution requires the President and Congress to respect "the Christian Sabbath" (Sunday) as a day "excepted" from governmental business (Article. I. Section. 7.). Thirdly, the First Amendment prohibits the U.S. Congress from making any law "respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof." In other words, the federal government has no right to interfere with the free expression of religion (by individuals or States) in any shape, manner, or form. Fourthly, Article. VI. of the Constitution prohibits any religious test as a qualification for public office.

The intent of the Constitution's framers was, therefore, in the matter of religion (especially the Christian religion, whose adherents birthed America), that the federal government would maintain a healthy respect for it, and keep its hands off. For the last several years, however, instead of respecting religion--especially the Christian religion--the leaders of our federal government have increasingly demonstrated animosity, and even hostility, toward both the Christian faith and Christian people.

While claiming to be "tolerant" and "pluralistic," our federal government, in practice, shows little tolerance or pluralism regarding Christianity.

Time and again, Christian practices and people are singled out for humiliation, persecution, or retribution. This situation follows an eerily similar pattern to that of the old Holy Roman Empire.

The Roman Empire loved to tout its tolerance for any and all faith systems.
One common adage at the time was that "there are as many gods in Rome as people." So tolerant was Rome for myriad religious beliefs that it even constructed an altar to the "UNKNOWN GOD," for fear that it may have neglected to honor someone's obscure god.

Why was it, then, that the Roman Empire took delight in publicly persecuting, torturing, and executing Christians? What happened to tolerance? What happened to pluralism? In direct contravention of its own laws and policies, Rome singled out Christianity for public repudiation. And that is exactly what the U.S. government is currently doing. I'll say it outright: the U.S. government has become patently anti-Christian.

In spite of Constitutional requirements to keep its hands off religious liberty, the U.S. government routinely singles out Christian practices for public repudiation. For years now, federal judges have demanded that local schools (under the jurisdiction of local and state governments) prohibit prayers or Bible reading.

Does anyone find it a little interesting that all over America, while Christian students are denied the right to pray or read the Bible in public schools, Muslim students are not only allowed to pray in public schools, but are also often provided special prayer rooms within the schools so that those students may leave their classrooms and pray? In fact, in some school districts, if the Muslim prayer time interferes with a student's tests, the student is many times free to make up the test in order that he or she may be faithful to the prayer meeting. Of course, the reading of the Koran is also included in the Muslim's prayer time. All of this is done with the full knowledge and blessing of the U.S. government (and the ACLU, by the way), including the myriad federal courts--courts that are always "fast on the draw" to squash any and all attempts by Christians to pray or read their Bibles in public schools.

And it is not just the Muslim religion that meets with the approval of the U.S. government. Federal courts find no fault in public school students observing Kwanzaa, celebrating the pagan holiday of Halloween, or engaging in various eastern religious practices such as Hindu meditation. At least one school district in Utah has allowed Tibetan monks to conduct Tantric Buddhist devotionals in its public schools. At least two schools in California have even introduced New Age curricula honoring Lucifer to their students. Basically, any and all religious beliefs are condoned and tolerated by the U.S. government--every belief system except Christianity, that is.

In addition, how many local or State courts have been ordered by federal judges to remove any and all copies of the Ten Commandments or other scriptural references from their buildings? How many local governments have been ordered by federal judges to remove any and all Nativity or Manger scenes from their properties? How many chaplains have been ordered to remove Bibles from soldiers, sailors, or Marines? How many Bibles have been destroyed by orders from military commanders? How many prisoners or detainees have been denied Bibles (even when requested) by order of military brass? How many military officers have been overlooked for promotion (and thus drubbed out of military service) for not being willing to surrender their Christian convictions to "sensitivity" or "diversity" training (a euphemism for homosexual brainwashing)? How many times has the U.S. government quietly looked the other way when Christian people have been slaughtered en masse? (Can anyone say, "Sudan"?) How many Christian chaplains in the armed forces have been ordered to not pray in Jesus' name?

How many pro-life Christians have been targeted by federal police agencies for special scrutiny? How many sheriffs' offices (run and managed by Christian law enforcement officers) have been denied federal funds for not submitting to a variety of repulsive policies mandated by the federal government?

Then there is this AP story: "Iraq has lost more than half the Christians who once called it home, mostly since the war began, and few who fled have plans to return." The report continued, saying, "The number of Arab Christians has plummeted across the Mideast in recent years as increasing numbers seek to move to the West, saying they feel increasingly unwelcome in the Middle East and want a better life abroad.

"But the exodus has been particularly stark in Iraq--where sectarian violence since the U.S.-led 2003 invasion has often targeted Christians.

"The AP found that hundreds of thousands of Christians have fled." (Source:
The Associated Press, Thursday, May 14, 2009)

To highlight the AP report, in 1987, there were 1.4 million Christians in Iraq. Now there are fewer than 400,000. For all of Saddam Hussein's sins, persecution of Christians was not one of them. Under Hussein's regime, Christians, for the most part, led a persecution-free existence--something extremely rare in Muslim countries. In fact, Saddam Hussein even had Christians serving in his administrative cabinet.

Enter the U.S.-led invasion of Iraq.

Since removing Saddam Hussein, the U.S. government has installed an Islamic puppet government, which has resulted in the persecution of hundreds of thousands of Iraqi Christians.

I hope all the evangelical Christians who continue to support George W. Bush and his unconstitutional, preemptive invasion of Iraq are paying attention.
I hope all my Christian friends who kept trumpeting the unconstitutional policies of President Bush, "because he is a Christian," are paying attention. I really wish that James Dobson and his ilk would have been as outraged at the unconstitutional (not to mention unchristian) policies of the former Republican President as they are the current Democratic President, because, for all intents and purposes, the federal government is functioning in exactly the same way under one as it did under the other.

Whether domestically or internationally, the U.S. government is obviously committed to an anti-Christian agenda. Where the federal government once respected Christianity and vowed to not interfere with the faith and practices of Christian people, it has now become an archenemy of religious liberty. With virtually every constitutional safeguard being violated by the modern federal government, about all that is left is for the constitutional prohibition of government business being conducted on Sundays to be expunged. Don't be surprised, therefore, when federal courts begin mandating that public schools require students to attend class on the Lord's Day.

If we are to restore the principles of religious liberty, it will be necessary for State governments--and for Christian people in particular--to stand united against an ever-growing, ever-menacing federal leviathan that is intent on destroying the safeguards and foundations of a once-proud constitutional republic, which was, after all, rooted and founded upon Christian principles.

_________________
Sonshine
He who cultivates his land will have plenty of food,
but from idle pursuits a man has his fill of poverty
Proverbs 28:19[b]
avatar
Sonshine
Admin

Posts : 5253
Join date : 2009-05-07
Age : 59

http://christianhomesteader.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: The U.S. Government Has Become Patently Anti-Christian

Post by 7dawn on Thu May 21, 2009 7:35 am

What an excellent letter! I am not sure I agree with him on Iraq, at least not the war part of it. I do think that Christians need to remove themselve from the Republican party and align with either the Libertarian or Constitution party.

_________________
Dawn

You laugh because I am different. I laugh because you are all the same.

http://myshakeology.com/esuite/home/7dawn

http://www.teambeachbody.com/home
avatar
7dawn
Admin

Posts : 847
Join date : 2009-05-07
Age : 50
Location : Texas

Back to top Go down

Re: The U.S. Government Has Become Patently Anti-Christian

Post by Cotton Picker on Thu May 21, 2009 12:24 pm

Chuck Baldwin wrote:
The Roman Empire loved to tout its tolerance for any and all faith systems. One common adage at the time was that "there are as many gods in Rome as people." So tolerant was Rome for myriad religious beliefs that it even constructed an altar to the "UNKNOWN GOD," for fear that it may have neglected to honor someone's obscure god.
This kind of stood out from the rest of the text.... Because I think that he meant this...
Act 17:23 For as I walked around and looked carefully at your objects of worship, I even found an altar with this inscription: To an Unknown God. Now what you worship as something unknown I am going to proclaim to you.

Paul was in Athens..... Greece...

I found the article interesting... However.... I am somewhat skeptical.... Columbus, by several accounts was seeking gold rather than the will of God...
On that epic day of first contact, three dynamics were evident that would figure largely in future events. They obviously had no common language or culture, and Columbus badly misunderstood much of what the natives tried telling him using gestures. Second was Columbus’ judgment of how easily the natives could be turned into Christians. Third was the event Columbus finished that day’s log with. Columbus inferred from native gestures that natives from other islands enslaved them. He thought those natives would make fine servants himself, so he captured six of them that first day.

On the second day of discovery, Columbus made first mention of the subject that dominated his logs thereafter: gold. He noticed that some natives had gold jewelry in their noses, so he made the first inquiry, an inquiry that presaged the Spanish obsession for the next century: “Where’s the gold?”

http://ahealedplanet.net/columbus.htm
While this country was founded by those who held traditional Judeo/Christian values.... This country was not, nor is a theocracy...
Chuck Baldwin wrote:
Thirdly, the First Amendment prohibits the U.S. Congress from making any law "respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof." In other words, the federal government has no right to interfere with the free expression of religion (by individuals or States) in any shape, manner, or form. Fourthly, Article. VI. of the Constitution prohibits any religious test as a qualification for public office.
I find this just a bit too generalized... With no links for verification...
Chuck Baldwin wrote:
Does anyone find it a little interesting that all over America, while Christian students are denied the right to pray or read the Bible in public schools, Muslim students are not only allowed to pray in public schools, but are also often provided special prayer rooms within the schools so that those students may leave their classrooms and pray?
Terms like... "All over" and "Christian students are denied the right to pray or read the Bible"... With favoritism being shown to Muslims... Leaves me desiring more than just his word about so glaring a disparity...
Chuck Baldwin wrote:
Then there is this AP story: "Iraq has lost more than half the Christians who once called it home, mostly since the war began, and few who fled have plans to return." The report continued, saying, "The number of Arab Christians has plummeted across the Mideast in recent years as increasing numbers seek to move to the West, saying they feel increasingly unwelcome in the Middle East and want a better life abroad.
This is followed by this in the AP article....
More than 2 million refugees of all religions have fled Iraq since the 2003 invasion. The recent ebb in violence has lured some Muslim refugees to return in small numbers.
<snip>

Some Christians cite the violence as their reason to flee. Iraqis of all religions and ethnicities have been killed, but Christians had the misfortune to live in some of the worst battlefields, including Dora and the northern city of Mosul, both al-Qaida strongholds.

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2009/may/14/christian-exodus-from-iraq/
If we look at the distinct possibility that to al-Qaida.... Americans are Christians... Therefore, persecution, by transference of aggression, of unarmed indigenous Christians could be more the cause of Christian persecution... Rather than persecution because of actual religious beliefs... Iraq is a war zone.... And the Middle East is not exactly the center for progressive thinking.. I would say that there are far more killed in Sunni-Shiite clashes, than Muslim-Christian clashes...
The most notable reduction in violence has been in Baghdad. For the first time since the US-led occupation of Iraq began, fewer deaths have been reported in the capital than in the rest of the country (from 54% of all deaths in 2006-2007 to 32% in 2008).2 Most of these reductions have been attributed to declining inter-communal violence.

Yet these improvements, as important and welcome as they are, can only be seen as a success when compared to the much worse conditions that prevailed in 2006-2007. Even within this timeframe, areas outside Baghdad have seen far less dramatic reductions in violence, and dozens of civilians are still being killed in conflict-related violence throughout Iraq on a relentless, daily basis. At 25 per day, the 2008 rate for violent civilian deaths is equivalent to that existing throughout the first 20 months of post-invasion Iraq, from May 2003 to December 2004 (15,355 deaths over 610 days).

http://www.iraqbodycount.org/analysis/numbers/surge-2008/
Chuck Baldwin wrote:
If we are to restore the principles of religious liberty, it will be necessary for State governments--and for Christian people in particular--to stand united against an ever-growing, ever-menacing federal leviathan that is intent on destroying the safeguards and foundations of a once-proud constitutional republic, which was, after all, rooted and founded upon Christian principles.
Perhaps the founding fathers envisioned a country where Christianity would be the dominant force behind the republic... However... By establishing freedom of religion... They also established freedom from religion.... If we as Christians find ourselves in a pickle.... Could it be said that in a democracy we were not asleep at our posts?..
.

Cotton Picker

Posts : 95
Join date : 2009-05-07
Location : Missouri

Back to top Go down

Re: The U.S. Government Has Become Patently Anti-Christian

Post by Marie on Fri May 22, 2009 1:36 am

I am starting to have some doubts about the Republican party in this area (this topic), and have been thinking about how to put it into words..

Last night O'Reilly had Ollie North and another military person on, and he questioned them about why they are not organizing protests and being more outspoken about the release of the new photos of prisoner abuse. Their answer, if I understand correctly, is that they are working behind the scenes with the White House directly. O'Reilly said they should be taking on the NY Times and loudly opposing any discussion of releasing the photos.

Then Rush was on Greta later in the evening.. She asked him what exactly is wrong with the Republicans, why are they so unorganized.. He said that the Republicans have typically been blue-blood, country club types who were satisfied with their minority status for 40 years when Democrats had control. And that they are embarrassed about the people within the party who are conservative on social issues.. they consider them lower class.. That's why they do not like Sarah Palin or other social conservatives. That may be part of the reason, but there may be more....

I've noticed in a lot of the discussions at HT and elsewhere, that the liberals often appear to be more educated than the conservatives. The conservatives don't appear as 'sophisticated' against the East and West coast liberals. And I also am noticing how these conservatives are treated by the owners and moderators of the forums, even in the rare case where the forum might be owned by people who are supposedly conservative, or at least Republican. They are arrogant and condescending. The only ones speaking out for the conservatives are Rush Limbaugh and Dick Cheney, and they do it well.

I think they are selling out. I am going to continue to observe and see if this theory holds up. And if it does, then the conservatives are going to have to work extra hard to find good candidates to run as Republicans, or as third party candidates... because as we've suspected for quite some time, there is NOT going to be anyone to represent us within the GOP.
avatar
Marie

Posts : 437
Join date : 2009-05-07
Age : 65
Location : Michigan

http://www.triparoundsun.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The U.S. Government Has Become Patently Anti-Christian

Post by Sonshine on Fri May 22, 2009 2:56 am

This past election was the first time I veered away from voting for the Republican party, opting instead to go with a third party candidate. Everyone told me I was throwing away my vote, but I disagree. Here's why, you're right, the Republicans have dropped the ball. They have moved away from their base line. None of the two parties listen to We the People. Maybe if more people would vote for the person instead of the party we can get back to what made this country so great to start with.

_________________
Sonshine
He who cultivates his land will have plenty of food,
but from idle pursuits a man has his fill of poverty
Proverbs 28:19[b]
avatar
Sonshine
Admin

Posts : 5253
Join date : 2009-05-07
Age : 59

http://christianhomesteader.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: The U.S. Government Has Become Patently Anti-Christian

Post by Marie on Fri May 22, 2009 3:33 am

I have just had this nagging feeling that something wasn't right.. I don't know if this is the answer or not, but will watch and see. The 2010 election should be interesting.
avatar
Marie

Posts : 437
Join date : 2009-05-07
Age : 65
Location : Michigan

http://www.triparoundsun.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The U.S. Government Has Become Patently Anti-Christian

Post by 7dawn on Fri May 22, 2009 7:30 pm

If we have a 2010 election....At the rate Obama is throwing this country away we might not have any mid-term elections.....

_________________
Dawn

You laugh because I am different. I laugh because you are all the same.

http://myshakeology.com/esuite/home/7dawn

http://www.teambeachbody.com/home
avatar
7dawn
Admin

Posts : 847
Join date : 2009-05-07
Age : 50
Location : Texas

Back to top Go down

Re: The U.S. Government Has Become Patently Anti-Christian

Post by Marie on Fri May 22, 2009 7:40 pm

He's moving pretty fast, isn't he.....
avatar
Marie

Posts : 437
Join date : 2009-05-07
Age : 65
Location : Michigan

http://www.triparoundsun.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The U.S. Government Has Become Patently Anti-Christian

Post by 7dawn on Fri May 22, 2009 8:03 pm

Like a tornado rips through a town....

_________________
Dawn

You laugh because I am different. I laugh because you are all the same.

http://myshakeology.com/esuite/home/7dawn

http://www.teambeachbody.com/home
avatar
7dawn
Admin

Posts : 847
Join date : 2009-05-07
Age : 50
Location : Texas

Back to top Go down

Re: The U.S. Government Has Become Patently Anti-Christian

Post by Marie on Fri May 22, 2009 8:10 pm

and leaves devastation in its wake....

(wonder how many more one-liners we can come up with ...LOL)
avatar
Marie

Posts : 437
Join date : 2009-05-07
Age : 65
Location : Michigan

http://www.triparoundsun.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The U.S. Government Has Become Patently Anti-Christian

Post by 7dawn on Fri May 22, 2009 8:46 pm

ROTFLOL!!! With this adminstration....I have plenty waiting in the wings. You should see my son's comic strip concerning this administration.

There is one where Obama is speaking and they ask his favorite color and Obama freaks out, hollering about the question not being part of the interview and getting the telepromter in place...

The other is Obama lengthening the days so he can "spend" more time... lol!

_________________
Dawn

You laugh because I am different. I laugh because you are all the same.

http://myshakeology.com/esuite/home/7dawn

http://www.teambeachbody.com/home
avatar
7dawn
Admin

Posts : 847
Join date : 2009-05-07
Age : 50
Location : Texas

Back to top Go down

Re: The U.S. Government Has Become Patently Anti-Christian

Post by Marie on Sat May 23, 2009 2:18 am

LOL, your son is insightful - and has a sense of humor! Basketball
avatar
Marie

Posts : 437
Join date : 2009-05-07
Age : 65
Location : Michigan

http://www.triparoundsun.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The U.S. Government Has Become Patently Anti-Christian

Post by Parsons Wife on Sat May 23, 2009 12:29 pm

From the Pogo Papers of 1952-53, "......There is no need to sally forth, for it remains true that those things which make us human are, curiously enough, always close at hand. Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blast on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us.
Forward!"

All our sitting by, voting the party, keeping our heads in the sand has resulted in a huge Federal Government, unfunded mandates, corrupt state governments, an amoral populace and folks either working too long of hours to care what the gov't does or not working at all and making sure their gov't check comes. Yep, we've seen the enemy and it's us.
avatar
Parsons Wife

Posts : 64
Join date : 2009-05-07
Age : 62
Location : Shenandoah valley Virginia

http://elseacroft.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The U.S. Government Has Become Patently Anti-Christian

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum