Christian Homesteaders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Like/Tweet/+1
Latest topics
» The Beast Revelation
Is there anything - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2018 2:24 am by michae1

» Facebook page
Is there anything - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 11, 2018 9:19 am by dizzy

» Hilarious video A little garden fun by the cowboy poet Baxter Black
Is there anything - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 12:54 am by mountainmama

» An Insurrection Coming
Is there anything - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 6:52 am by 12acrehome

» Patrice's Patch Garden Journal
Is there anything - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 8:47 am by PATRICE IN IL

» lambs and ewes
Is there anything - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 11:46 pm by Farmfresh

» Irish Cuisine Class/Demonstration Recipes
Is there anything - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 6:13 am by PATRICE IN IL

» Prayer request for my dh's aunt
Is there anything - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 8:55 pm by PATRICE IN IL

» How has your day been and what's for dinner...................
Is there anything - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 5:43 am by PATRICE IN IL

Keywords

Taco  Sloppy  Seasoning  recipes  

Affiliates
free forum

Top posting users this week
No user

Is there anything

+4
12acrehome
dizzy
Farmfresh
PATRICE IN IL
8 posters

Go down

Is there anything - Page 2 Empty Re: Is there anything

Post by dizzy Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:23 pm

That's why I'm trying to find a Cocker from the field lines. I had one years ago, and her coat was very easy to care for. I also had one from the show lines, and keeping her groomed was horrible!

dizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by 12acrehome Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:34 pm

LOL we had a champion show blood line "yorkie" her coat was a tangled mess, and had to be brushed daily to look decent
12acrehome
12acrehome
Admin

https://www.facebook.com/keith.skaggs.9

Back to top Go down

Post by mountainmama Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:33 pm

Dizzy, our puppy is a Cavapoo (King Charles Cavalier Spaniel/Poodle.) My mom got her and decided she couldn't keep her and gave her to us. She is VERY sweet tempered and personable and weighs about 5 pounds right now. She is extremely loving and learns quickly.

Keith, I do have "people clippers" just need to learn how to use them.

mountainmama

Back to top Go down

Post by Farmfresh Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:16 am

What if you all had to deal with THIS hairball!   Laughing 

Is there anything - Page 2 Sofa%20Sage14 
I give him a "hunter clip" in the summer basically shaving his bum and belly and have to keep that toe fur clipped to help him have better traction (for when I need him to brace me up) and reduce the stress on his bad hips.  I have people clippers too.  Basically Sage is about 90 pounds of big baby hairball that gets totally humiliated for the first three days of no butt hair.  Be glad what you have to clip is at least little!
Farmfresh
Farmfresh

http://www.uBuilderPlans.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kerrig Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:25 am

One thing I've started is to only do dishes once a day, or try to. I'm bad about wanting dishes done before we go to bed and wanting a clean area to cook in. But I just stack them neatly in the sink & then work around them to conserve water. I also use tubs in my sink instead of putting the plug in and filling up. It does save quite a bit of water.
Also, we now have a Ruler 15 miles from us so we are doing the bulk of our grocery shopping there and eating out of the freezer. Also shopping anywhere but Walmart if at all possible.
Limiting the amount of driving or trying to.
kerrig
kerrig

Back to top Go down

Post by Harvey_Birdman Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:27 pm

Very good point about shopping closer to home. We live in a small town with only one full service grocery store (not counting the salvage store that has a very limited stock) The prices at the Food City in town are a bit higher than if we go to the city 40 miles away. The biggest price difference is meats and frozen foods, so we buy bulk meats and frozen foods in town once a month, and save on gas buying more perishable items at the Food City that is only about 4 miles away.

It is 50 miles to TSC, but there is a new feeds store that just opened about 8-10 miles from home. I am hoping that the prices/ fuel savings will help my feeding bills too.

God bless,
Chad
Harvey_Birdman
Harvey_Birdman

http://homesteadingpreacherman.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by PATRICE IN IL Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:26 pm

Conserving water is a good point too especially in areas experiencing drought. We only do the dishes once a day, after dinner, to conserve on energy and water. Like you kerrig we use a wash tub but don't use the grey water.  Embarassed  I need to start thinking about that but with my back so screwed up right now there is no way I would be able to carry a bucket of water out and across the yard to where it would benefit my trees. Maybe if I put a 5 gallon bucket near the sink to dump it into then my DS could carry it out to the trees, that is if DH doesn't spill it first. I'm REALLY going to have to think about that one.

Yes kerrig, it is a good point about shopping local. Not only does it save you gas, it keeps the local store open. I can't tell you how many little mom & pop places are forced out of areas because they can't compete with the big chains prices. Sad I'd rather pay a bit more for something to know it's going toward keeping a place open in my local community.

I have a Sam's club membership that I got for free but use it very seldom. To me their prices aren't that much cheaper on much stuff except over the counter medications and household/cleaning supplies. They are also further away from my home so I'd figure the fuel costs into the item's price as a comparable for buying locally.
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Farmfresh Thu May 01, 2014 12:47 am

My Sam's membership has expired currently, but when I have it I buy olive oil, ziplock freezer bags (for wrapping my poultry I process), trash bags, paper plates and other goods and things like sugar, rice and beans that are shelf stable for a long time.  (They do not sell GF flour there)  Because of that I shopped about every two months or so there. 

Even living in town I am very conscientious of my gas tank.  When I shop I stock up for the most part.  When I run errands I plan my trip and make a mile efficient loop to get it done.  We are less than 5 miles from a grocery store AND a TSC for us it is easy to shop close at hand.  I also make good use of the computer.  I do all of my comparison shopping there and much of my purchasing.  It is more often cost effective to buy what I need on Amazon and have it shipped than it is to run all around town trying to find what I need.
Farmfresh
Farmfresh

http://www.uBuilderPlans.com

Back to top Go down

Post by PATRICE IN IL Thu May 01, 2014 9:42 am

I'm finding having things shipped to me is becoming a more cost effective method of purchasing as well FF.
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum