Christian Homesteaders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Like/Tweet/+1
Latest topics
» The Beast Revelation
The Christ Life - Philippians 1:21 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2018 2:24 am by michae1

» Facebook page
The Christ Life - Philippians 1:21 EmptySun Feb 11, 2018 9:19 am by dizzy

» Hilarious video A little garden fun by the cowboy poet Baxter Black
The Christ Life - Philippians 1:21 EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 12:54 am by mountainmama

» An Insurrection Coming
The Christ Life - Philippians 1:21 EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 6:52 am by 12acrehome

» Patrice's Patch Garden Journal
The Christ Life - Philippians 1:21 EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 8:47 am by PATRICE IN IL

» lambs and ewes
The Christ Life - Philippians 1:21 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 11:46 pm by Farmfresh

» Irish Cuisine Class/Demonstration Recipes
The Christ Life - Philippians 1:21 EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 6:13 am by PATRICE IN IL

» Prayer request for my dh's aunt
The Christ Life - Philippians 1:21 EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 8:55 pm by PATRICE IN IL

» How has your day been and what's for dinner...................
The Christ Life - Philippians 1:21 EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 5:43 am by PATRICE IN IL

Keywords

Taco  recipes  Seasoning  Sloppy  

Affiliates
free forum

Top posting users this week
No user

The Christ Life - Philippians 1:21

Go down

The Christ Life - Philippians 1:21 Empty The Christ Life - Philippians 1:21

Post by Rohn Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:36 pm

THE CHRIST LIFE
Philippians 1:21
(Philippians 1:21) For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.  (KJV)

I. A LIFE OF OBEDIENCE.
(Acts 9:6) And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do?... (KJV)
(Hebrews 10:9) Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second.  (KJV)

Master Speak
Master, speak! Thy servant heareth,
Waiting for thy gracious Word;
Longing for Thy voice that cheereth,
Master, let it now be heard.
I am listening, Lord, for Thee:
What hast Thou to say to me?

Speak to me by name, 0 Master,
Let me know it is to me;
Speak, that I may follow faster,
With a step more firm and free,
Where the Shepherd leads the flock,
In the shadow of the Rock.
Master, speak! Tho' least and lowest,
Let me not unheard depart;
Master, speak! for, oh, thou knowest
All the yearnings of my heart,
Knowest all its truest need;
Speak! and make me blest indeed.

Master, speak! and make me ready,
When Thy voice is truly heard,
With obedience glad and steady,
Still to follow every word.
I am listening, Lord, for Thee;
Master, speak, oh, speak to me!

Some years ago in a Southern city a man saw a large group of people standing at a street corner. Going closer, he saw a hound performing stunts so amazing as to be unbelievable! At first he didn't see anyone giving commands to the dog. Then, as he looked around, he saw a Negro boy whose lips barely moved standing nearby. He was speaking to the dog in soft undertones. When the performance was over, the dog went to his master, with tail waging and eyes fixed on him. Could the dog have articulated his thoughts I am sure he would have said, "Did I please you? Did I fully obey you?"
The boy caressingly stroked the dog's head, as he said, "Good doggie! Good doggie!"
Going to the boy, the man said, "I love dogs. How I would like to own your wonderful dog! I'll give you fifteen dollars for him." (That was when fifteen dollars were worth a lot more than it is today.) The boy said, "If you gave me a hundred times that much, you couldn't have my dog. I wouldn't sell him to anybody."
Tears filled the man's eyes as he walked away. He prayed silently, "Heavenly Master, make me as subservient to your will as that dog is to his master's will! May I so fully obey Thee that when I stand in Thy presence I may hear Thy 'well done, good and faithful servant!’"  This is a prayer we ought to all pray every day.

II. A LIFE OF SERVICE.
(1 Corinthians 9:22) To the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some.  (KJV)
(Adam Clarke) "I assumed every shape and form consistent with innocence and perfect integrity; giving up my own will, my own way, my own ease, my own pleasure, and my own profit, that I might save the souls of all."
A little girl dearly loved Jesus and she wanted to serve Him. "How can I serve Him? I am so little and weak," she thought. One day she read a sentence in the Sunday-school paper which caused her to enter upon a life of service for Jesus. The sentence read: "An engine of one-cat power, working all the time, can do more for Jesus than an engine of forty horse power standing idle." She said, "I will not have many chances to serve Jesus while I am small. But I will use the one-cat power I have, and serve Him all I can!"
John Wesley said, "Do all you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, to all the people you can and as long as you can."

III. A LIFE OF POWER.
(Matthew 28:18) And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.  (KJV)
(Philippians 4:13) I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.  (KJV)
Never again will I say, "I can't," for "I can do everything through Him who gives me strength" (Phil. 4:13).
Never again will I admit lack, for "My God will meet all your needs according to His glorious riches in Christ Jesus" (Phil. 4:19).
Never again will I fear, for "God did not give us a spirit of fear, but of power, of love and of self-discipline" (2 Tim. 1:7).
Never again will I harbor doubt and lack of faith, for "The Lord is my light and my salvation--whom shall I fear" (Ps. 27:1).
Never again will I allow the supremacy of Satan over my life, for "the One who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world" (1 John 4:4).
Never again will I admit defeat, for "God always leads us in triumphal procession in Christ and through us spreads everywhere the fragrance of the knowledge of Him" (2 Cor. 2:14).
Never again will I lack wisdom, for "If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him" (James 1:5).
Never again will I be worried and frustrated, "Casting all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you" (1 Pet. 5:7).
Never again will I be in bondage, for "Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom" (2 Cor. 3:17).

(Luke 24:49) And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high.  (KJV)
The last word from Jesus was, "Go back!" "Go back to Jerusalem and tarry, tarry until ye be endued with power form no high."
But, Master, the world is dying!
Let it die!
But, men are hungry!
Let them be hungry!
But, hearts are breaking!
Let them break!
But multitudes are lost!
Let them be lost rather than you attempt the Divine work without the Divine Power.
Go back, go back to that upper room, back to your knees, back to searching your own heart, back to waiting, and back to praying. Back until you have come to the condition of heart and of life where your personal Pentecost shall come, and then go. Oh then you will find that the works Christ did you can do... Filled with the Spirit, miracles shall become common place of your daily experience.

IV. A LIFE OF SACRIFICE.
(John 15:13) Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.  (KJV)
(Philippians 3:7) But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ.  (KJV)
Robert Arthington of Leeds, a Cambridge graduate, lived in a single room cooking his own meals; and he gave foreign missions 500,000 pounds on the conditions that it be spent on pioneer work within twenty-five years. He wrote these words: "Gladly would I make the floor my bed, a box my chair, and another box my table, rather than men should perish for want of the knowledge of Christ."

V. A LIFE OF SEPARATION.
(2 Corinthians 6:14-18) Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel? And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you, And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.  (KJV)
Jesus is our example of a life of separation.
(Hebrews 7:26) For such an high priest became us, who is holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners, and made higher than the heavens;  (KJV)

VI. A LIFE OF SUFFERING.
(2 Corinthians 4:10-11) Always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our body. For we which live are alway delivered unto death for Jesus' sake, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our mortal flesh.  (KJV)
Jesus not only suffered physically, but of a broken heart, for the sins of the world were upon him.

VII. A LIFE OF VICTORY.
(Philippians 2:9-11) Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.  (KJV)
(1 Corinthians 15:57) But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.  (KJV)

(Romans 8:37) Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.  (KJV)
Alexander the Great subdued the world about him, but he was conquered by his own lusts; he died in a drunken stupor. The Christian conquers his own lusts in order to subdue the world within him. Through Christ, we are more than conquerors (Rom. 8:37).

What are you living for?
(Colossians 1:10) That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God;  (KJV)
Rohn
Rohn

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum