Christian Homesteaders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Like/Tweet/+1
Latest topics
» The Beast Revelation
I am amazed that I am the only one that has horses! EmptyMon Jun 11, 2018 2:24 am by michae1

» Facebook page
I am amazed that I am the only one that has horses! EmptySun Feb 11, 2018 9:19 am by dizzy

» Hilarious video A little garden fun by the cowboy poet Baxter Black
I am amazed that I am the only one that has horses! EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 12:54 am by mountainmama

» An Insurrection Coming
I am amazed that I am the only one that has horses! EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 6:52 am by 12acrehome

» Patrice's Patch Garden Journal
I am amazed that I am the only one that has horses! EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 8:47 am by PATRICE IN IL

» lambs and ewes
I am amazed that I am the only one that has horses! EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 11:46 pm by Farmfresh

» Irish Cuisine Class/Demonstration Recipes
I am amazed that I am the only one that has horses! EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 6:13 am by PATRICE IN IL

» Prayer request for my dh's aunt
I am amazed that I am the only one that has horses! EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 8:55 pm by PATRICE IN IL

» How has your day been and what's for dinner...................
I am amazed that I am the only one that has horses! EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 5:43 am by PATRICE IN IL

Keywords

Taco  Sloppy  recipes  Seasoning  

Affiliates
free forum

Top posting users this week
No user

I am amazed that I am the only one that has horses!

+13
Evie1
mountainmama
dizzy
12acrehome
Joshie
RWD
Ohiogal
squeezinby
crisco41
amybyrd21
adelia
Sonshine
beccachow
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

I am amazed that I am the only one that has horses! Empty I am amazed that I am the only one that has horses!

Post by beccachow Sun May 17, 2009 12:54 am

Wow, with the way this site is growing, I would think that more than 4 or 5 of us have horses! Am I that frightening? affraid

Come on, chime in, let's see some pics of your horses, chime in on what an imbecile I am by letting my horses trample me for food, agree with me that Gawani Pony Boy, though a fraud, is a very handsome man...come on!!!! (knocks on the microphone) Is this thing on?!
beccachow
beccachow

Back to top Go down

I am amazed that I am the only one that has horses! Empty Re: I am amazed that I am the only one that has horses!

Post by Sonshine Sun May 17, 2009 4:35 am

Give it time. I'm sure more will come along. We just have to let folks know we're here. Smile
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

https://christianhomesteader.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

I am amazed that I am the only one that has horses! Empty Re: I am amazed that I am the only one that has horses!

Post by adelia Sun May 17, 2009 4:43 am

I had a pony when I was a kid, does that count? Smile

I can post his picture if you want... he was a handsome shetland named Lightning.

adelia

Back to top Go down

Post by amybyrd21 Sun May 17, 2009 9:06 am

I have two. We are still learning our way me and them. I am full of questions but do not want to sound stupid. I am a city girl who has just been plopped into this. I have never been more than 5 min from a grocery store now I am 25 miles from one that has anything. The only pets I had growing up were a hamster, fish, a cat and a dog. So as you can guess I have not been around horses all that much. Sister took triding lessones but that was english and not western as hubby is. I can not put on a saddle, do not know what all the tack is called, Can not get my daughters horse to stand still for me to brush her. She tries to bite me and stomp her feet. (I think a woman had abused her) she is that way to me and my daughter. My four year old she almost lays down for and my husband has no peoblems. It is the color purple because she bite at a purple tshirt yesterday. The mini horse is anothe story he likes women and children and gives my hubby hell. He kicks at him sometimes. He tried to bite mo once and I knocked him across the yard his size helped there. He is a big baby to the kids unless you put a saddle on him. He bucked at that and broke my hand when we first got him as I was holding his halter when he started at it. He hasnt done it since. Diffrent saddle now.These are our problem horses. Hubby likes a challenge but he forgets who has to feed them everyday and deal with them. That is why I got rid of the walking racking horses his uncle gave us. I got pushed down the creek bank into the thorns to many times. So I need all the teaching I can get on horses so spill forth all the wisdom you can give me. And let the wisdom flow.
amybyrd21
amybyrd21
Admin

http://waylandcook.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by crisco41 Sun May 17, 2009 1:41 pm

Hi, You aren't he only horse lover. :>)
I have had horses for the past 30 some years. I started on an arab and had to learn bareback as I couldnt afford a h ors enad a saddle. I could ride bareback like the wind. Unfortunately I got fat and old and too used to a saddle:>)
I have had arabs, apps, quarter horses, paints, thorobred, morgan x, and now have 2 spotted saddle mares, Ebby my fiery power horse and angel my sweet docile steady girl. I guess mostly my horses now are lawn ornaments, but the occasional times I ride I swear,,,my spirt is lifted so high. I then remember why it is on my blood. I will send pictures when I get to my other compputer. They are just too gorgeous. I rode a few minutes this weekend..oh my. Think I am going to start taking this time for me.

crisco41

Back to top Go down

Post by squeezinby Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:42 am

We just go a horse on Monday. Her name is Mandy. we got her from some friends down the road. They had too many to take care of and we have been trying to help. The husband has developed serious heart troubles and could not handle all that they had. We had been offering our land to pasture some of their horses on,but they desided to just get rid of some and gave us one.
squeezinby
squeezinby

Back to top Go down

Post by Ohiogal Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:28 am

I have two horses. Both are geldings. They are purebred American Saddlebred but they mostly decorate my pasture (i.e. keep it mowed) and produce fertilizer for the gardens. Wink They are both 8 years old this year - I have Dallas who is a parade type horse - BIG - painted (black and white pinto) and just a pansy when faced with "danger". And I have Rocket, who is a Chestnut with a flaxen mane and tail with a lovely shoulder and he is really quite beautiful in western tack. He is just 16 hh. and he is the opposite in personality as Dallas, and he is missing the sight in one eye - very brave and 'can do' type horse. He was adopted from a lady up in the Chicago area who rescued him from a breeder who poured some money into him when he had Lepto as a yearling. I love my guys, even if I don't have time to ride them, they are a joy to watch running in the fields here. Smile
Ohiogal
Ohiogal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:08 pm

I always wanted horses, but being in the military made it too hard and now that we're at our last base I'm really not in good enough health to enjoy them. I can't imagine not riding them if we had some, and that's a big no no for me.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ohiogal Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:06 pm

Farm duties have taken precidence. I have been here 5 years now and I'm nearly done with the building up process. When I bought this place it was a wreck and needed a lot of fixing up.
And also, ASB's are known to be 'high' so having a few years of pasture time on them isn't a bad thing. I'm a slower, fatter, older woman now and I don't need to be in a rodeo, if you know what I mean. Wink One thing I really like about Dallas is that he is basically lazy, so its like getting on a big couch. I use a stool to mount him right now as my left ankle has some arthritis which precludes me from pulling up on him from the ground. I ride English too so its a bit more of a challenge when mounting.
Ohiogal
Ohiogal

Back to top Go down

Post by RWD Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:58 pm

I've got two Donkey's, does that count? They are my guards from coyotes, dogs, and foxes. They protect my chickens and goats, and can bray louder than my roosters can crow.
RWD
RWD

https://www.facebook.com/Heritage.Ways.Farm

Back to top Go down

Post by Ohiogal Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:58 am

Donkeys are equids, they count! Smile
Ohiogal
Ohiogal

Back to top Go down

Post by Joshie Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:46 am

Hey, Becky, we have horses too!

Joshie

Back to top Go down

Post by 12acrehome Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:27 am

as old as this thread is there may not be a reply from the original poster. I grew up with horses, and like them a lot, but we do not have the room or time to tend to horses. LOL my "steel horse" is about as close as I can get these days.
12acrehome
12acrehome
Admin

https://www.facebook.com/keith.skaggs.9

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzy Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:43 am

I have 3 horses and my iron pony. Very Happy

dizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:06 am

I'm jealous. Smile Beckachow hasn't posted in a while, so not sure if she still reads here. I wish people had held on for a bit till more people joined. Hopefully they will start posting again now that the group is growing and becoming more active.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mountainmama Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:51 am

We only have an acre, so no room and really no money for a horse. Horses are beautiful, but chickens are more economical for us and easier to care for.

mountainmama

Back to top Go down

Post by Evie1 Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:00 am

Hi, I am new, and understand this is a old thread. but I do have horses. 3 of them. I have had horses and donkeys all my life. wouldn't be with out them. they are my family and my friends. I do train some. have had mustangs, that I adopt from the BLM. I don't consider myself as a master at all. but do know things if any one would like some help with their horses. I rode for are locale patrol, at a lake near my home. have packed in the mountains, and trained horses and poneys to drive wagons and carts. I do understand the fear, fight or flight that horses have. horses need a leader, 2nd to a friend. if you don't have there trust, you don't have their mind. horses are game animals, so they flee because they don't wont to be eaten. so that trust and leadership means a lot. horses are very smart, and are very tuned into their surroundings. they remember forever things that hurt them. anyway, I would be glad to help in any way if you wish. I love horses, and only wish to help folks understand how they think.
Evie
Evie1
Evie1

Back to top Go down

Post by sbkittrell Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:33 pm

Owning horses is a lifelong dream of mine. I never have though. I may be too old now. My cousin pastured three horses on our farm years ago. Molly (a huge Belgian/quarterhorse), Al (a very small quarterhorse) that was a rescue, and Rayna, who was 28 years old. Rayna died when she was 30. Molly was a really gentle horse and I used to ride her sometimes. She was great for a novice like me. I was reading the other posts and was interested in the horse who didn't like the color purple. Molly was like that, except she was terrified of anything purple. I was riding her once and she just stopped and balked at a tiny little purple flower in the path. I finally got her to move and she eased WAY around that little flower. She was a great horse and my cousin told me she died last year. But like I said, I would really love to own horses or maybe riding mules, very gentle ones, someday. But I'm almost 60 and I don't know hardly anything about caring for a horse. Who knows though. It's all in God's hands.

sbkittrell

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzy Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:41 am

One option you may want to consider is to lease a horse at a local barn. That way, you can learn all about how to care for a horse but w/out owning your own. I recommend it for anyone that is thinking of it. That way, you know for sure if this is really something you want to do.

dizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by sbkittrell Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:17 am

Thanks Dizzy, that's good advice.

sbkittrell

Back to top Go down

Post by NEAlabamaGoatLover Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:03 am

I am new to the site and I have two horses, Faith and Fancy, both solid black. When people ask me what kind of horses I have, I tell them "Labradors"...because they are like two huge dogs! They follow you around and just want to be petted and fed. Actually, they are both Tennessee Walkers. I only wish I had more time to work with them and ride. My city boy husband has never really gotten into riding so they have become pasture ornaments.

NEAlabamaGoatLover

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzy Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:39 pm

And I'm sure they're very pretty pasture ornaments at that.

dizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Farmfresh Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:01 am

I am OLD to horses Laughing I just don't own any right now. Our family is down to one retired POA pony mare and her pal the hair sheep.

In the past however I used to train, show and give riding lessons. We had American Quarter Horses, Tennessee Walking Horses and multiple ponies over the years.
Farmfresh
Farmfresh

http://www.uBuilderPlans.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:22 pm

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1459/13604593/24387681/407256931.jpg

We also love horses as is shown by our youngest during one of her Rodeo queen contests that she loved doing. She was able to supply the saddles for the family since that is usually one of the big prizes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next