» Patrice's Patch Garden Journal
Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:47 am by PATRICE IN IL

» lambs and ewes
Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:46 pm by Farmfresh

» Irish Cuisine Class/Demonstration Recipes
Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:13 am by PATRICE IN IL

» Prayer request for my dh's aunt
Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:55 pm by PATRICE IN IL

» How has your day been and what's for dinner...................
Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:43 am by PATRICE IN IL

» Anyone Interested? - Pumpkin Seeds
Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:46 am by PATRICE IN IL

Keywords

Affiliates
free forum

Top posting users this week

Got pets? Tell us about them

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Got pets? Tell us about them

Post by Sonshine on Fri May 08, 2009 1:30 am

Boy, do I have pets! LOL actually, not THAT many. I have 3 dogs, all shelties, 2 white doves, 1 floppy eared bunny and one beta fish.
Sonshine
Admin

http://christianhomesteader.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Yup, we got pets :)

Post by Marie on Fri May 08, 2009 11:41 am

Hey there, Sonshine..

yes, we have pets. We have 5 dogs and one cat... We love 'em! Didn't mean to collect so many dogs, but sometimes that's just the way it goes.. tomorrow I'll hopefully get some pictures posted cat

Which reminds me, it's time for their annual check-ups. Must call the vet tomorrow and make appointments.

Have a good evening, and will be talking soon!

Marie
Marie

http://www.triparoundsun.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Got pets? Tell us about them

Post by beccachow on Fri May 08, 2009 12:01 pm

PETS? Do we have PETS???

Well...

3 horses (count them as pets!)
4 goats (count them as pets, too)
2 dogs
2 cats
1 hamster
1 lizard
2 saltwater fish tanks
3 freshwater tanks (stupid female swordfish keeps breeding, lol)

it's a good thing we aren't allergic to hair. Or scales...

And to make it worse...we are half looking for a pony for DD (we'll get him if the right one comes along) and DH is talking about a puppy. affraid
beccachow

Back to top Go down

Pets

Post by Parsons Wife on Sat May 09, 2009 2:25 am

If you don't count the farm pets, we have one big bob-tailed cat named Clyde in the house. He was found as a tea-cup sized kitten in a storm drain five years ago. Adorable. He wasn't people friendly at all until our other two cats, Pookah and Sebastian passed on. Now he's the king of the house and let's us know it. If I were "rich" I'd love to have a Corgi, but the hubby isn't thrilled about the idea. I've looked around from time to time, but with our lifestyle, we need a dog pre-trained. I'd like it to be able to go with me when I'm running, but neither of us have the time to house train an animal. Sadly... Anyway so for now we have a cat in our house. I also have two grand-pugs that our oldest son has in his home. They are precious.
Parsons Wife

http://elseacroft.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by My1SqueakyShoe on Sat May 09, 2009 12:36 pm

I've got a dog named Happy..... Blue Heeler and Hound Dog mix. I don't know what I would do without him. He protects me and keeps me company. The tiger and nilla.... both cats. I will never forgive tiger for the rat he brought into my house. Do you know rats can jump up to 2 feet in the air. That thing's tail was 2 feet long!!!! Never forgive him!!!!!! Needless to say that tiger is my son's cat... (always was) Nilla is mine. He is moody and likes to fight. hahahahaa 2 parakeets left. They sing and keep me company too. Messy though. Would not do the bird thing again. Maybe the cat thing and definately the dog thing...... By the way...... I had to name him Happy as he would not come to any name I tried to give him. He would just keep doing whatever it was that he was doing all the while I would call different names to him. I would finally break out into laughter at his disobedience.... Every time I would laugh he would come running. So Happy it was.
My1SqueakyShoe

Back to top Go down

Just a few....

Post by Medicine Mom on Sun May 10, 2009 12:18 am

In age order, we have:

Shaunty, a 17-18yo Cow-Border Collie mix
Damien, a Russian Blue (cat) that is about 16 years old
Lacey, a Brittany who is a spoiled brat. She thinks she is a prissy little poodle!
Pepper (actually our daughter Molly's cat) is a Bombay Manx. She has a little white on her chest. She is gorgeous!
Morgan (also Molly's) is a huge yello lab-Sharpei mix. She probably weighs 130#.
Baby is my long-hair Tuxedo cat. She has a white bib and diaper.
Butter & Puff are ferals which have taken up residence in our yard. I am keeping them around because I need mousers around our motorhome. They are yellow & white. Puff is a long-hair,looks like a Norwegian Forest Cat. They were born 1 year ago and Butter just had kittens 10 days ago. Three are the same yellow/white tiger that she is, the 4th is a dark calico. They will be farmed out at weaning and Butter, who is semi-tamed, will be fixed.
Medicine Mom
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by amybyrd21 on Tue May 12, 2009 10:20 am

One pyrenesse named Handme (my 4 year old named him when he was 2)
One spoiled Pom dog (6 years old) got from hubby's aunt already fixed and house trained. His name is Smokie
one horse and one mini horse. (They belong to the kids) Bell and Pistol
One fish tank with 5 fish (one is named pig, one is slippy the rest are nameless)
Stray dogs that come and go ( I feed any one and anything that shows up here)
My neighbors cows (they like it here better than there)
Various frogs that make it to the frog habitat for a few days and get released (I saved alot of frogs this way my son use to hold them all day)
amybyrd21
Admin

http://waylandcook.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Just added a new pet

Post by amybyrd21 on Wed May 13, 2009 2:43 am

We got a red spotted newt. He will not let me take his pic so I am still trying. Wesley and Rebekka brought it in and put it in the frog habitat I set up for them. Thankfully I made them turn the frogs lose in the garden yesterday. (these two made alot of noise at night) I had to look him up on line to find out what type he was. Then I called a friend that owns the local pet store in Lawrenceburg. He is now in a nice new big home. (a 20 gallon one) we put gravel and big rocks in it. Then a log and creek water. He eats earth worms, blood worms and special food that my pet store will have to order. Right now we are cutting up earthworms for him until I make it to town. Rebekka was uncomfortable about this but did it for him any way. She used a pair of saftey scissors. This should be intresting and we will see how he dioes. They are suppost to get 5 to 6 inches long and right now I put him at a little over an inch. He seems to like his new home quite well right now.
amybyrd21
Admin

http://waylandcook.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kfander on Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:03 pm

We have four cats. Three of them are twenty-two, two of them sisters, the other a feral cat that I fed since she was a kitten, and took into the house when she was a few years old. The fourth cat is the daughter of the formerly feral cat. She had four beautiful kittens, all of whom were adopted. Our fourth cat was a return, since the people who adopted her moved to a place that wouldn't take cats. She was away from us for less than a year, so she's been with us for all but a few months of her life. The older sisters have been with me all of their lives, as were their mother and grandmother. Their great-grandmother was left in my enclosed porch by someone when she was a kitten.

kfander

http://www.petramainewildlife.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine on Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:07 pm

I've gotten a new dog since this thread was started and got rid of the rabbit and the fish died. We got Sizzles last year, a long haired, teacup chihuahua. We also have the goats and chickens.

Proverbs 28:19[b]
Sonshine
Admin

http://christianhomesteader.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top