Christian Homesteaders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Like/Tweet/+1
Latest topics
» The Beast Revelation
I did it again EmptyMon Jun 11, 2018 2:24 am by michae1

» Facebook page
I did it again EmptySun Feb 11, 2018 9:19 am by dizzy

» Hilarious video A little garden fun by the cowboy poet Baxter Black
I did it again EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 12:54 am by mountainmama

» An Insurrection Coming
I did it again EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 6:52 am by 12acrehome

» Patrice's Patch Garden Journal
I did it again EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 8:47 am by PATRICE IN IL

» lambs and ewes
I did it again EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 11:46 pm by Farmfresh

» Irish Cuisine Class/Demonstration Recipes
I did it again EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 6:13 am by PATRICE IN IL

» Prayer request for my dh's aunt
I did it again EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 8:55 pm by PATRICE IN IL

» How has your day been and what's for dinner...................
I did it again EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 5:43 am by PATRICE IN IL

Keywords

Seasoning  Sloppy  Taco  recipes  

Affiliates
free forum

Top posting users this week
No user

I did it again

4 posters

Go down

I did it again Empty I did it again

Post by Guest Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:57 am

I sometimes go to other homesteading sites just to read about how to do things, etc. Well I just have to speak up sometimes and boy it isn't always pretty what I get back. I get that some folks aren't Christian but does that mean because I am that I am not allowed to say it. I am confused sometimes by that. If you are so sure about how you feel then why is my being a Christian and proud of it bothering you so much? Maybe we need to speak out more because I think maybe they just really aren't sure. Posting scripture is a sure way to get yourself attacked as well. The sad part is that they really do not know how to respond. The responses are silly and childish. I am not the type to push too hard on how someone feels about Christianity but I definitely want them to know I am Christian and I care about everyone. I try hard not to seem like I am judging but sometimes it feels like when I post a scripture there is always someone that says we (Christians) are shoving down their throats. What do you think is the best approach? I guess I kind of understand since it makes me very very uncomfortable to sit and listen to someone mock Christianity. But is seems like I am not allowed to defend it.

Back to top Go down

I did it again Empty Re: I did it again

Post by Harvey_Birdman Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:16 am

Our country today has a really strong defeniton of the word descrimination. Basicly you can't say anything hurtful or disrespectful to ANYONE unless they are Christian. Then you can say whatever you want. Satan is running out of time, and he knows it! He is being more outspoken, and in more high ranking places than ever.

That all being said, I have found that most of the time the people who are the most out spoken are the ones that are under conviction. So try not to get down over their negitivity. The world of the Lord will not return void, and you will be blessed for being about your Father's buisness.

I hope this helps!

God bless,
Chad
Harvey_Birdman
Harvey_Birdman

http://homesteadingpreacherman.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by mountainmama Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:54 am

I rarely post on HT anymore due to the same thing. This old world sure is going backwards. What used to be wrong is now "right" and something to be "proud" of, while what is right gets called intolerant, bigoted, politically incorrect, or (groan) HATE SPEECH. If you don't like something, it's HATE.

The Bible predicted this, so I guess we shouldn't be surprised.

mountainmama

Back to top Go down

Post by 12acrehome Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:16 am

You should see some of the flack I get when I post scripture to facebook LOL

I have noticed that there are two very divergent types of people in this world. Christians and Jews, very devout, respectible and honest. Then there are the "all others" these are the ones who only use foul language, who are only concerned with what they can get away with in this world, and by simply observing their posture and mannerisms you can tell who they are. With the exception of work, I am able to surround myself with the Christian types, heck of my three closest neighbors, two are Catholic. The motorcycle ministry I support (Christian Motorcycle Association) is an outreach to lost souls. The bikes are used to demonstrate that we as Christians have fun too.

When online, I freely speak of being a Christian, and if someone is offended by my presence on a message board I reply "God Bless You" that really seems offensive to some.

You cannot save the world, pick your battles, and your battlefield. God will do the rest
12acrehome
12acrehome
Admin

https://www.facebook.com/keith.skaggs.9

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:00 pm

This is the main reason I started this forum. I got tired of being attacked for my beliefs and figured if I felt that way there may be others that did too. I wanted this to be a safe haven for Christians to share their knowledge on homesteading, but also be able to share our thanks to the Lord for his blessings. I still go to other forums and will never be silent on my faith. I try to post in ways that are not offensive, but we have to remember that the scriptures basically tell us that scriptures will be offensive to non-believers. My way of looking at it is this, the word of God is alive. Long after we speak, or in this case, post it, it will continue to work on the hearts of those who hear or read it. All we can do is be faithful and leave the rest in God's hands.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

https://christianhomesteader.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by 12acrehome Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:18 pm

a friend posted this on facebook, seems to fit in here...

We're not supposed to go through life backing down like we're at a disadvantage. Romans 8:11 says, "The same power that raised Christ from the dead lives on the inside of you."

so face those who would ridicule your faith head on, God is with you
12acrehome
12acrehome
Admin

https://www.facebook.com/keith.skaggs.9

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:29 pm

I like that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content