Christian Homesteaders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Like/Tweet/+1
Latest topics
» The Beast Revelation
So, what's everyone harvesting right now? EmptyMon Jun 11, 2018 2:24 am by michae1

» Facebook page
So, what's everyone harvesting right now? EmptySun Feb 11, 2018 9:19 am by dizzy

» Hilarious video A little garden fun by the cowboy poet Baxter Black
So, what's everyone harvesting right now? EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 12:54 am by mountainmama

» An Insurrection Coming
So, what's everyone harvesting right now? EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 6:52 am by 12acrehome

» Patrice's Patch Garden Journal
So, what's everyone harvesting right now? EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 8:47 am by PATRICE IN IL

» lambs and ewes
So, what's everyone harvesting right now? EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 11:46 pm by Farmfresh

» Irish Cuisine Class/Demonstration Recipes
So, what's everyone harvesting right now? EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 6:13 am by PATRICE IN IL

» Prayer request for my dh's aunt
So, what's everyone harvesting right now? EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 8:55 pm by PATRICE IN IL

» How has your day been and what's for dinner...................
So, what's everyone harvesting right now? EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 5:43 am by PATRICE IN IL

Keywords

recipes  Sloppy  Taco  Seasoning  

Affiliates
free forum

Top posting users this week
No user

So, what's everyone harvesting right now?

5 posters

Go down

So, what's everyone harvesting right now? Empty So, what's everyone harvesting right now?

Post by Sonshine Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:53 am

So far we've gotten cabbage, tomatoes (just the tommy toes right now, but the romas are almost ripe and the others are full of blooms) crook neck squash, lettuce, spinach, beets and green onions.  Oh, almost forgot, our peppers are starting too and our potatoes should be ready to dig up by this week end.  So, how bout it?  What are you getting from your gardens?
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

https://christianhomesteader.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

So, what's everyone harvesting right now? Empty Re: So, what's everyone harvesting right now?

Post by PATRICE IN IL Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:02 pm

So far spinach which is starting to bolt, collards which we didn't care for and zucchini. I took up some of the Agribon fabric from what was supposed to be my 12 green cabbages to find that 4 are not cabbages but  more brussel sprouts so I'll be starting some cabbage seeds next week to plant where the collards were.

I'm planning a trip back to the farmer this week in search of 2 grape or cherry tomato plants for the garden. I forgot to get them for our pasta sauce needs throughout the winter.

I also need to get my carrots and herbs seeded this week as I got side tracked taking down the pool last week. We need dill to make pickles this year as well as some chives and a few more things.
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

So, what's everyone harvesting right now? Empty Re: So, what's everyone harvesting right now?

Post by Sonshine Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:07 pm

We like collards, but since we decided to do a fall garden this year we'll plant the collards in it.  We also have some brussel sprouts that are just about ready to harvest.  This is my first year growing them and I'm really looking forward to harvesting them.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

https://christianhomesteader.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by PATRICE IN IL Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:13 pm

I'm still toying with what will be in my Fall garden this year. I know we will want more cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower and spinach.  I have a bit more space in one bed where the Kale seeds didn't come up so I may start more broccoli there this week. I've never planted a Fall garden so it is a learning game this year for me. Wink
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Farmfresh Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:22 pm

Still greens, radishes, onions and leeks for the most part.   We have a BIG Ancho pepper on the plant that we overwintered in the house that is almost ready to go.  We also have several tiny baby green tomatoes.  Very Happy
Farmfresh
Farmfresh

http://www.uBuilderPlans.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzy Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:25 pm

So far, peas and yellow squash.  I didn't really get a spring garden in, but will plant some stuff in the fall-like lettuce, broccoli and cauliflower.  My tomato plants are really taking off, and I'm starting to see a ton of tomatoes on them.

dizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:28 am

I put in a really late tomato and pepper patch. Last night I got our first jalapeno from it. I am excited with all of the blooms. I was afraid it wouldn't make it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Harvey_Birdman Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:47 am

So far just cabbage, beans, peppers, rasberries, strawberries, mullberries, and just now starting to get blackberries.

ETA: I forgot cucumbers!

Last edited by Harvey_Birdman on Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Harvey_Birdman
Harvey_Birdman

http://homesteadingpreacherman.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Farmfresh Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:14 am

My first ripe beefsteak tomato today! cheers 
Farmfresh
Farmfresh

http://www.uBuilderPlans.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down