Christian Homesteaders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Like/Tweet/+1
Latest topics
» The Beast Revelation
Nicodemus' talk with Jesus EmptyMon Jun 11, 2018 2:24 am by michae1

» Facebook page
Nicodemus' talk with Jesus EmptySun Feb 11, 2018 9:19 am by dizzy

» Hilarious video A little garden fun by the cowboy poet Baxter Black
Nicodemus' talk with Jesus EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 12:54 am by mountainmama

» An Insurrection Coming
Nicodemus' talk with Jesus EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 6:52 am by 12acrehome

» Patrice's Patch Garden Journal
Nicodemus' talk with Jesus EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 8:47 am by PATRICE IN IL

» lambs and ewes
Nicodemus' talk with Jesus EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 11:46 pm by Farmfresh

» Irish Cuisine Class/Demonstration Recipes
Nicodemus' talk with Jesus EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 6:13 am by PATRICE IN IL

» Prayer request for my dh's aunt
Nicodemus' talk with Jesus EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 8:55 pm by PATRICE IN IL

» How has your day been and what's for dinner...................
Nicodemus' talk with Jesus EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 5:43 am by PATRICE IN IL

Keywords

Seasoning  recipes  Taco  Sloppy  

Affiliates
free forum

Top posting users this week
No user

Nicodemus' talk with Jesus

3 posters

Go down

Nicodemus' talk with Jesus Empty Nicodemus' talk with Jesus

Post by Harvey_Birdman Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:52 am

JOHN 3
1 There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews:
2 The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him.
3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Notice that Jesus answered Nicodemus, before he asked a question. To me this says alot about how we, as Christian, should think. Sure Jesus, The Son of The Most High God, knew what he was going to ask, before Nicodemus even knew himself, but that is not the point we should glean from this. The point is, that it doesn't matter what the question is, this is the answer. If a person is lost this is the main point that we should strive to get across to them. "Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."

All to often we let our flesh, fear, and the devil talk us out of speaking out for the Lord. Our flesh, tells us that we are having a good time "shooting the breeze" with our lost friends, and if we bring up God the fun will end, but it never reminds us that if our friends don't get saved there wiil be ne breeze for them to shoot in HELL! Our fear, tells us the we might hurt someones feelings, it never reminds us of the pain they will experiance in HELL! The devil, he destracts us with a joke, or a song, or someone changeing the subject as soon as the conversation even starts to turn toward God, He never tells us that he is not the ruler of HELL he is a prisoner just like everyone esle that chooses that fate.

It is important to rember that Hell is a real place, and a very bad place! We look around, and see all that God does in the world, and ask ourselves "how do they not see this?" Look at what Jesus said "Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God" Remember Heaven is NOT the Kingdom of God! We the Church are the kingdom of God! The world cannot see the Kingdom, they think it is just stories in a book. They haven't felt the Spirit of God come over thier whole being like we have. it is up to us to be God's ambassadors. That is the reason we don't go to Heaven the moment we get saved. We are here to lead the lost to Christ! So remember no matter the question, the only answer is "Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God"

Let me know what you think. What do these verses say to your soul?

God bless,
Chad
Harvey_Birdman
Harvey_Birdman

http://homesteadingpreacherman.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Nicodemus' talk with Jesus Empty Re: Nicodemus' talk with Jesus

Post by Sonshine Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:15 am

Your message reminds me of a dream I had many years ago. In this dream I was standing close to the judgement seat, but as a bystander, as others came up to face the Lord. These were people I knew, some just passing aquaintances such as bank tellers or check out people from the stores. As they were being judged and found lacking they would turn to me with horror in their eyes, realizing they were condemned to hell and asked me why I didn't tell them. Well, it was sure a wake up call for me. I'm very vocal about my faith and telling others what the scriptures have to say about salvation, heaven and hell.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

https://christianhomesteader.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by 12acrehome Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:30 pm

not nearly as dramatic as Sonshines dream, but I have had hints and nudges through out my life that have brought me this far along the path...Some were as young as school age, others as recent as this year. For many many years I have believed that Hell was real. Now exactly what Hell would be has changed in my mind many times, but one thing remains true in my beliefs. Jesus saves all who accept Him as Lord and Savior. "None may come to the Father, but by me..." and " Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God." Say two things to me. Firstly accepting that God cannot look upon sin, He sent his Son, and allowed Him to become sin and die for us. (Matthew 27;46 And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?) Jesus then has willingly given up his life for us, and being clean and pure, his blood cleanses us. On the day of judgement He will stand before the Father with us, and hide all the sins we have confessed to Him, and been forgiven.
12acrehome
12acrehome
Admin

https://www.facebook.com/keith.skaggs.9

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down