Christian Homesteaders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Like/Tweet/+1
Latest topics
» The Beast Revelation
declining rabbit populations reported in KY EmptyMon Jun 11, 2018 2:24 am by michae1

» Facebook page
declining rabbit populations reported in KY EmptySun Feb 11, 2018 9:19 am by dizzy

» Hilarious video A little garden fun by the cowboy poet Baxter Black
declining rabbit populations reported in KY EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 12:54 am by mountainmama

» An Insurrection Coming
declining rabbit populations reported in KY EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 6:52 am by 12acrehome

» Patrice's Patch Garden Journal
declining rabbit populations reported in KY EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 8:47 am by PATRICE IN IL

» lambs and ewes
declining rabbit populations reported in KY EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 11:46 pm by Farmfresh

» Irish Cuisine Class/Demonstration Recipes
declining rabbit populations reported in KY EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 6:13 am by PATRICE IN IL

» Prayer request for my dh's aunt
declining rabbit populations reported in KY EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 8:55 pm by PATRICE IN IL

» How has your day been and what's for dinner...................
declining rabbit populations reported in KY EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 5:43 am by PATRICE IN IL

Keywords

Seasoning  Taco  recipes  Sloppy  

Affiliates
free forum

Top posting users this week
No user

declining rabbit populations reported in KY

3 posters

Go down

declining rabbit populations reported in KY Empty declining rabbit populations reported in KY

Post by 12acrehome Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:11 pm

The Ky Dept. of Fish and Wildlife Resources (KDFWR) reports a serious decline in wild rabbit populations, documented since the 1970's. Locally, rabbit hunting, along with all other small game hunting, has fallen from public interest. In response to both KDFWR has a poll on their website asking public input about lengthening the rabbit season, and lowering the daily bag limit to two rabbits daily. I find it curious that lengthening the season and attempting to draw more hunters would be considered as an option for increasing the wild population. The two per day bag limit suits me fine and so I voted, the longer season, I voted against. In the suggestions and comments section I asked about a habitat improvement program like the one currently underway to bolster quail populations.

I have not hunted rabbit for several years now, perhaps 10 or more. but I want to keep the wild population as healthy as possible.
12acrehome
12acrehome
Admin

https://www.facebook.com/keith.skaggs.9

Back to top Go down

declining rabbit populations reported in KY Empty Re: declining rabbit populations reported in KY

Post by Harvey_Birdman Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:51 pm

A greater intrest in hunting means more funding will go toward conservation efforts. More fund means better managment of habitat. Here in south east Ky, there has been a noticeable increase in the rabbit population over the past few years. I think some of the decline was due to the increased number of preditors. We now have bears, cyotes, more bobcats, and mountian lions (whether the DNR will admit it or not).

I raise rabbit so I don't have a need to hunt them, but it is good to hear that there is an effort to preserve the wild population.

God bless,
Chad
Harvey_Birdman
Harvey_Birdman

http://homesteadingpreacherman.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

declining rabbit populations reported in KY Empty Re: declining rabbit populations reported in KY

Post by 7dawn Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:57 pm

I think they all moved into my front yard! We have tons of wild rabbits running around our yard. Laughing
7dawn
7dawn
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down