Christian Homesteaders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Like/Tweet/+1
Latest topics
» The Beast Revelation
the title of this one grabbed my attention EmptyMon Jun 11, 2018 2:24 am by michae1

» Facebook page
the title of this one grabbed my attention EmptySun Feb 11, 2018 9:19 am by dizzy

» Hilarious video A little garden fun by the cowboy poet Baxter Black
the title of this one grabbed my attention EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 12:54 am by mountainmama

» An Insurrection Coming
the title of this one grabbed my attention EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 6:52 am by 12acrehome

» Patrice's Patch Garden Journal
the title of this one grabbed my attention EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 8:47 am by PATRICE IN IL

» lambs and ewes
the title of this one grabbed my attention EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 11:46 pm by Farmfresh

» Irish Cuisine Class/Demonstration Recipes
the title of this one grabbed my attention EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 6:13 am by PATRICE IN IL

» Prayer request for my dh's aunt
the title of this one grabbed my attention EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 8:55 pm by PATRICE IN IL

» How has your day been and what's for dinner...................
the title of this one grabbed my attention EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 5:43 am by PATRICE IN IL

Keywords

Taco  Sloppy  recipes  Seasoning  

Affiliates
free forum

Top posting users this week
No user

the title of this one grabbed my attention

5 posters

Go down

the title of this one grabbed my attention Empty the title of this one grabbed my attention

Post by 12acrehome Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:23 pm

Do you desire to glorify God through the way you farm? Are you tired of reading books on farming and food production that ignore God as Creator? Have you ever wondered what agriculture would look like if it was based on the Bible instead of on evolution, Mother Nature, or the latest manipulations of life by science?

In Born Again Dirt, Noah Sanders encourages Christian farmers to evaluate their farming methods in light of Scripture. This book looks at various Biblical principles related to agriculture and provides examples of practical application. Topics covered include:

-Designing farms as beautiful, fruitful homes.
-Honoring God’s design in farm production
-Growing crops that honor the Lord
-Marketing as ministry
-The idolatry of modern agriculture
-Advantages of the farming lifestyle
-Starting a farm and making a living.

Without claiming to have all the answers, Born Again Dirt seeks to inspire you to develop a vision for God-glorifying agriculture . This book is a must read for any Christian who is a full time farmer, backyard gardener, or for anyone who desires a more Biblical view of agriculture.

I will be ordering this one, for 15 bucks I'll see if it's agreeable to my sense of what God expects, and I will report back when I have read it through. If anyone else is curious here's a link

http://www.bornagaindirt.com./

12acrehome
12acrehome
Admin

https://www.facebook.com/keith.skaggs.9

Back to top Go down

the title of this one grabbed my attention Empty Re: the title of this one grabbed my attention

Post by dizzy Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:11 pm

I'm looking forward to hearing about what you learn from it. I might order it myself.

dizzy

Back to top Go down

the title of this one grabbed my attention Empty Re: the title of this one grabbed my attention

Post by Rohn Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:02 pm

Thanks for the link. It looks like an interesting book.
Rohn
Rohn

Back to top Go down

Post by OldGrouch Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:29 pm

Thanks for posting this info and link.

--Dwight
OldGrouch
OldGrouch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:35 am

Looks like I'll be adding a new book to my library. Thanks.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

https://christianhomesteader.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by 12acrehome Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:24 pm

Ok, I forgot this one...ordered it today, says it will be delivered by 8-6-13.  I'll have time to read and evaluate next years efforts.

I will also offer my review when I have read it.
12acrehome
12acrehome
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rohn Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:55 pm

Looking forward to your review.
Rohn
Rohn

Back to top Go down

Post by 12acrehome Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:21 pm

some customer reviews posted on amazon.com

3 star-

By Roger Peden - See all my reviews
(REAL NAME)
Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Born-Again Dirt: Farming to the Glory of God (Paperback)
I appreciate the Christian and Biblical philosophy of the author, but was disappointed in the lack of applied techniques and practical gardening helps. The book stetched out too long. The same thing could have been nicely said in half the length of the book. I wanted to finish the book but had to force myself to keep reading over the material that had already been presented.
To the author, let me suggest you revise your book by cutting it down to half the size, then it will be better.

4-star

Andrew Bornman - See all my reviews
(REAL NAME)
I was hoping for a bit more developed theology of farming. Noah Sanders is on the right track, it should be interesting to see what he writes when he has matured a bit more. I would enjoy sitting down to talk with him.

a few select 5 - star reviews, there are 15 of these instead of the single reviews represented by the two reviews above.

Mark Einkauf - See all my reviews
(REAL NAME)
Early in the book, Noah Sanders lays out a natural and biblical foundation for sound agriculture practices. Then he shows how he and his young family have put them to work on their farm. He doesn't give all the details needed for agronomy, livestock, etc. but does build a very helpful and encouraging framework.

Kyle Shepherd - See all my reviews
This, in short, is an excellent book.

In these 190 pages, Noah explains how we Christian farmers might indeed be truly born-again farmers, Christians, but we farm according to the world's methods which are based on pagan concepts. He exhorts a return to Scripture for the true foundation of our farming and agricultural mentality. Nothing like this has been written before; it's definitely a groundbreaking book (har, har).

mike692 - See all my reviews
What a fantastic, timely book! Speaking as a born-again, saved by Grace, Christian who is a wannabe farmer, this book could not have come at a better time in my life. This book is a refreshing change-up from the plethora of books on modern agriculture and those written from the perspective of those who make creation an idol. Noah Sanders talks about the how to's and why's of farming and how to do it for the glory of God. This is a great addition to the genre of Christian Agrarianism. Thanks Brother Sanders!

and there are many more, I am looking forward to this one!
12acrehome
12acrehome
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rohn Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:16 pm

Thanks for the reviews 12acres. I always like to know what books are worth reading and what is not. I love to read.
Rohn
Rohn

Back to top Go down

Post by 12acrehome Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:06 am

I really enjoy reading too, I guess I always have, or at least since I learned to read.
12acrehome
12acrehome
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 12acrehome Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:41 pm

Well I received this book a few days ago, and I am three chapters in. My first impression is that the first chapter was amateurish, rambling and repetitive. However, the next two seem more like a treatise on how we should strive to be good stewards of the lands we are occupying. Has a good discussion about the difference between "industrial farming" and "environmental farming" and presents the idea that both are wrong, at least compared to God's word.

So my initial impression is that this is a good thought provoking read
12acrehome
12acrehome
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 12acrehome Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:37 am

Chapter 6 starts a discussion on how to farm or garden in accordance with Biblical principles...

I highly recommend this to everyone. It is a good read with lots of Biblical references. Just substitute Homestead where the author says Farm.
12acrehome
12acrehome
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down