Christian Homesteaders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Like/Tweet/+1
Latest topics
» The Beast Revelation
My Liquid Soap EmptyMon Jun 11, 2018 2:24 am by michae1

» Facebook page
My Liquid Soap EmptySun Feb 11, 2018 9:19 am by dizzy

» Hilarious video A little garden fun by the cowboy poet Baxter Black
My Liquid Soap EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 12:54 am by mountainmama

» An Insurrection Coming
My Liquid Soap EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 6:52 am by 12acrehome

» Patrice's Patch Garden Journal
My Liquid Soap EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 8:47 am by PATRICE IN IL

» lambs and ewes
My Liquid Soap EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 11:46 pm by Farmfresh

» Irish Cuisine Class/Demonstration Recipes
My Liquid Soap EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 6:13 am by PATRICE IN IL

» Prayer request for my dh's aunt
My Liquid Soap EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 8:55 pm by PATRICE IN IL

» How has your day been and what's for dinner...................
My Liquid Soap EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 5:43 am by PATRICE IN IL

Keywords

Taco  Seasoning  Sloppy  recipes  

Affiliates
free forum

Top posting users this week
No user

My Liquid Soap

3 posters

Go down

My Liquid Soap Empty My Liquid Soap

Post by backtotheland Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:48 pm

I tried my hand at making a liquid soap recipe I found on a website. I've tried it before and it just didn't work the way I wanted but this recipe really seemed to work and it was so easy. I had been at a Farmer's Market last winter and there was a lady there selling soap and on the floor was a big gallon jug of liquid soap. Sooo, that's how they do it. Well, frugal that I am I searched and tried and searched some more for a recipe to make it myself. I found one, tried it, and have about a half gallon of liquid soap. Now I can add any fragrance oil or essential oil I want and color if I want, put it in a plastic bottle and I've got liquid soap. I'm so excited.I had an old foaming pump bottle from Bath and Body Works from last year and I put some of the liquid soap in there and voile, foaming soap. If anyone would like the recipe I'll be happy to post it.

Tomorrow I'm going to make two different kinds of bar soaps. My recipe has to cure for three weeks so it will be ready to give as gifts. I'm going to put in some liquid soap, bar soap and a candle. I would have liked to put in some lotion and lip balm too but I don't have time to get the lip balm containers or the preservative (I really don't like adding it but I have to) in time for Christmas. I'm looking forward to next Christmas though and I plan on selling these things at the Farmer's Market this summer. Last night I picked up two holiday soap bottles and I'm giving them to friends at a Christmas Party next week-end.

backtotheland

Back to top Go down

My Liquid Soap Empty Re: My Liquid Soap

Post by joyful jean Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:18 pm

I am interested in your recipe. Thanks. I just made bar soap for the first & it was fun/scary. Turned out good & I love how it lathers.
joyful jean
joyful jean

http://www.ilovethesebooks.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:22 pm

I'd like the recipe too. Smile
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

https://christianhomesteader.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by backtotheland Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:39 pm

Will be glad to post it and will do so after Christmas if that is okay. I may even have time to post it today after work and Church tonight. If not today I will be able to do it tomorrow for sure.

backtotheland

Back to top Go down

Post by backtotheland Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:46 pm

Sorry it's taken me so long to post this. Even though the holidays are almost over things have been kind of crazy around here. Here is the recipe for the liquid soap.

1 Bar of soap (I used Ivory because it is what I had but you can use any soap you like)
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 tablespoon of honey

backtotheland

Back to top Go down

Post by backtotheland Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:48 pm

water
fragrance oil or essential oil of your choice

Finely chop or grate the soap and put into a saucepan with three cups of water. Bring to a boil and,stirring often, melt the soap. Be careful not to let the soapy water overflow. Once the soap has dissolved remove the pan from the heat and wisk in one tablespoon of the olive oil.Let the mixture sit overnight (I poured it into a plastic lined cake pan).

backtotheland

Back to top Go down

Post by backtotheland Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:50 pm

When you wake up in the morning it will be solid. Break it up a bit and put it in a blender or food processor. Add the remaining olive oil and honey and one cup of water. Turn the blender on and whip well. You may need to add more water to get the soap to the right consistency. Pour into containers and enjoy.

Sorry this took up so much space. I did end up using more than the one cup of water, as a matter of fact I think I used two more cups of water than the recipe called for.

backtotheland

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum